Which system would you sacrifice ?

X_2_0

Hypothetically if you had to get rid of one games system + games (I expect everyone on this forum has several) - Either to make some space or raise funds or something.

Which would it be?

I think I would probably ditch my Saturn. I don't have a big collection of stuff for it but there are some bits which would sell well (Panzer dragoon Saga + Gaurdian Heros).

Not that I dont like my Saturn or anything but it just seems to be one of those collections that never really got up and running anyone else got collections like that?

Theres probably only a few more titles I want to pick up for my Dreamcast collection, after that I'm not sure where to go with it, still it would quite close to the bottom of the lists of consoles to sell.

I thought this topic was going to be about one console which you would banish from history completely! I would have said the Neo Geo AES because 99% (100%?) of the games are available in arcade format and I hate the urge to spend money on expensive AES games which I'd rather play emulated anyway (way more convenient).

As for one which I'd sell out of my collection, I think the AES would be the last, because I love the hardware so much (even if I prefer playing the games on PC). Probably the Megadrive then, I really don't think it's aged well - I can count the games I still want to play on the fingers of one (well okay, two) hands.

I thought this topic was going to be about one console which you would banish from history completely! I would have said the Neo Geo AES because 99% (100%?) of the games are available in arcade format and I hate the urge to spend money on expensive AES games which I'd rather play emulated anyway (way more convenient).

Convinient? Or are you a money-hoarding collector?

(runs and hides)

Isn't this a Retro topic. Why do people mention the dreamcast and gamecube?

I wouldn't really miss my N64 but then again I couldn't play Goldeneye anymore.

Well it just goes ot show, some people would rather give their Cube the boot than one of their retro consoles.

Personally I think the cube has already outperformed the N64 in terms of quality titles :D but i know i'd be in a minority there.

Convinient? Or are you a money-hoarding collector?

(runs and hides)

As far as the Neo Geo AES goes, I won't hide that fact! Lovely games, hardware and packaging, but as far as playing goes I'd rather do it on my PC. This would probably not be the case if I was someone who had a living room without a PC in it - then I'd want to play games in the living room (or games room?) and so use an AES. As it is, my PC is half a metre from my TV, so it doesn't make a lot of difference.

MasterSystem... all the decent games for it are available on the Megadrive with better graphics and sound, and you can get a "MasterSystem Player" as it were for the Megadrive anyway. I only bought the damn thing so I could play marble madness.

I reckon I could get a tenner with the games.

• 2 weeks later...

I just traded in my saturn for a GC...

it's not that i don't like it, it's just CEX gives £53 exchange for a UK saturn that's been modded with 50/60hz and uk/us/jap switch.

it was pretty hard work - stressfull to say the least - but i managed to pull it off with only two switches and a hex inverter (one 2-way switch for 50/60, the other 3-way for uk/us/jap).

considering i bought the saturn for £17 (with a voucher too :ph34r:) thats not bad going. got a boxed black GC, unboxed waverace and unboxed resi evil for £53 worked out a straight swap :(

I'm loving the GC. Had a PS2 for a while, and an xbox for a year and a half.

I'll buy another uk saturn (£17 again) in due time so it's not a sacrifice as much i guess. but i just got a mint US nights with pad so i want one again!

i'm thinking of selling my DC or my newly acquired N64 (i rgb modded it) with the games to fund a future project (spent a lot building two wooden arcade sticks that i never use so sold one and dismantled the other :blink: ), maybe a supergun? i'm reading up so by the time i figure everything out i'll have enough money. i wouldn't buy one ready-made unless it was about £30-£50 as it seems pretty straightforward to do