Prog Rock: Porcupine Tree Return!

Robo_1

Thread necromancy.

Listen to quite a few proggy/krautrock-y bands, but for some strange reason I seemed to have missed an entire genre (sub-genre) called Zeuhl. Zeuhl appears to be simply a French version of Krautrock.

First band i've listened to is Magma, specifically the album Attachk. And it is glorious.

I did an album of the week on Magma:

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=196083

I fucking love them, but I would definitely agree it's not like Krautrock very much. It's far too structured and disciplined.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Thread necromancy.

Listen to quite a few proggy/krautrock-y bands, but for some strange reason I seemed to have missed an entire genre (sub-genre) called Zeuhl. Zeuhl appears to be simply a French version of Krautrock.

First band i've listened to is Magma, specifically the album Attachk. And it is glorious.

Just found these after learning that Guapo sound a lot like them.

People weren't wrong. :wub:

This shit is awesome!

Had a great few months of following prog bands out on tour. Kicked off with Gazpacho last month, then it was off to see Nightwish, Anathema and two nights ago, Subsignal in Germany.

Great bands who all put on a fantastic show for very different reasons. Gazpacho and Subsignal were small 100 - 150 person gigs, but each band played with such heart, and there's always something special about the intimate bar gigs. Got to meet both bands afterwards, and had a nice chat about the music. It's always sad to hear that they actually lose money putting out albums or touring, but all credit to them for sticking with it.

Nightwish were fantastic, and they brought one hell of a stage show with them, firing off flames and ice in all directions and culminating in an indoor fireworks show. The band were each on top form too, and it was a great audience to be a part of.

Anathema was probably my favorite gig though. We decided to go at the last minute and so glad we did. From the word go the audience was up for a wild one. Of course it helps that their new album is excellent, but they played a good range of stuff. The Judgement material stole the show though, with one poor girl fainting mid-way! Not a common site at most prog gigs. lol

Some great nights to remember though.

Has anybody grabbed Thick As A Brick 2 yet? I wasn't a particular fan of the first one, but it's always nice to see the old guard still delivering.

• 1 month later...