rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
xiphoid

FFXI

Well, that's me signed up and on Garuda. My character is Dirae, so if you see me kicking around Windurst give me a wave!

Will do. Good luck and I hope you get as addicted to this game as I have. Nearly six days of playtime so far and in that time I don't think I have played (or have wanted to play) any other game.

Laine, if you want that copy of FFXI its all yours as my bro has got way to deep into the character he created on my copy already to start again.

If not, I am open to offers from others.

Will do. Good luck and I hope you get as addicted to this game as I have. Nearly six days of playtime so far and in that time I don't think I have played (or have wanted to play) any other game.

there are other games? :ph34r:

Anyone else on Rllmuk a male character apart from me? I'm starting to worry.... :huh:

I am.

I originally started with a clean-shaven blonde-haired type a-la Cloud, Tidus, etc, but he seemed a little too generic. I changed to a bearded brown-haired type and never looked back.

The only people that worry me slightly is anyone who plays as a Mithra and wears a Subligar... :D

Edit: No offence Rushy. Only just noticed your pic. I just wish they were a little more... modest. :lol:

Guest Two Heavens

If you're a Mithra and don't get checked at least once every 30 seconds you can tell there's something seriously wrong. :D

Guest wskertich

Well all, I made it to Fallon, Nevada without any problems. Still won't have my computer for quite some time. Also, I am now currently 7 hours off of GMT, therefore, I will probably not see you too much except for maybe on the weekends from this point on :D I hope to work with some (if not all) of you in the future.

Great party just now. Went into Shakrami maze targetting maze makers and goblins. Did really well with a full party and I put on 1200 xp in no time. Finmally though the party had some sort of Custers last stand. We were targetting a maze maker but one of the party chose to target another mm just beside us. Also a goblin aggro'd and before we new it our WHM was dead. Managed to survive with a couple of the party left. Decided to disband but well into the maze - I used my scroll of instant warp to get back to Windhurst Woods though. Brilliant.

subligars - yikes!

Elorien was cursed with a pair of bronze subligars. And a beret. And some nipple exposing affair I can't remember the name of. All this on an large Elvaan, the older character model, with white hair and a beard. Even my son commented!

I felt very self concious. Fortunately a thing of the past now. i'm all together more stylish B)

As I like taking photo's of the stunning FFXI world I decided to create a mini website with all the pictures I have taken from the game.

You can find it here: FFXI Pictures Website

Enjoy ;)

As I like taking photo's of the stunning FFXI world I decided to create a mini website with all the pictures I have taken from the game.

You can find it here: FFXI Pictures Website

Enjoy ;)

This:

1-picture2.gif

Is lovely.

They look pretty nice, Considering it's running on a PS2, Why do they all have copyright of Square on them.Is there no way to get around this?.

Oh and i'll take that extra copy of FFXI if you still have it Rushy.Now all i need is a US PS2.

Yer the game is really pretty in points.

The pictures when taken by the PS2 automatically bring up the copyright info (no way to get around this it says in the manual), but I don't mind to much really.

And the copy is all yours, expect a PM.

This:

1-picture2.gif

Is lovely.

And the trees and stuff change with the seasons too. Cherry trees and wild flowers have appeared not so long ago for example.

Guest Two Heavens

Oof, that was a few too many hours of FFXI over the weekend then. I managed to hit level 11 in WAR, get all the Scale armour stuff and so on and so forth. Now my eyes feel like their going to explode. The claws of addiction are digging in.

Anyway, Dirae's big list of things to do:

• Venture outside Sarutabaruta and start grouping
  • Finish the second Windurst mission
  • Remember to try and get a linkpearl

How badass do Mithras look in Scale armour? BADASS.

Oof, that was a few too many hours of FFXI over the weekend then. I managed to hit level 11 in WAR, get all the Scale armour stuff and so on and so forth. Now my eyes feel like their going to explode. The claws of addiction are digging in.

Anyway, Dirae's big list of things to do:

• Venture outside Sarutabaruta and start grouping
  • Finish the second Windurst mission
  • Remember to try and get a linkpearl

How badass do Mithras look in Scale armour? BADASS.

Are you in or around Windhurst at the minute. I have a linkpearl and could look you up at any time you like today (working from home today so it is very easy for me to pop into the game for 10 minutes). If you wanted to we could pair up for a while, perhaps in the canyon?

I got the level 15 yesterday but stupidly fell into a Yag trap in Giddeus this morning and find myself level 14 again!

I will hopefully be joining you all soon.I'm just ordered a nice nice shiny new PS2.And will hopefully be online within a couple of weeks.Yay.

Is there any decent sites i can have a look at while i wait?Just to get me even more excited.

I will hopefully be joining you all soon.I'm just ordered a nice nice shiny new PS2.And will hopefully be online within a couple of weeks.Yay.

Is there any decent sites i can have a look at while i wait?Just to get me even more excited.

Look at

any of these

Guest Two Heavens
Are you in or around Windhurst at the minute. I have a linkpearl and could look you up at any time you like today (working from home today so it is very easy for me to pop into the game for 10 minutes).

I got the level 15 yesterday but stupidly fell into a Yag trap in Giddeus this morning and find myself level 14 again!

If you've got a spare linkpearl that would be great. It'll have to be later on this evening if that's possible. Thanks Systemshock!

How do they work anyway? Is it just a bit of equipment or something?

I soloed 10 in Giddeus for lots of lovely Wind Crystals. Didn't venture too far in because I caught some fight messages involving damage in the 100s. No thanks.

If you've got a spare linkpearl that would be great. It'll have to be later on this evening if that's possible. Thanks Systemshock!

How do they work anyway? Is it just a bit of equipment or something?

I soloed 10 in Giddeus for lots of lovely Wind Crystals. Didn't venture too far in because I caught some fight messages involving damage in the 100s. No thanks.

I give you a linkpearl which then appears as an item. You equip the item and can then access the linkshell from your linkshell button. It will show you where and who is in play from the linkshell and you can communicate with them all by typing /l . Really useful for in game tips and assistance as well as an insight to whatever everyone else is up to.

Have you seen any of the Yag 'trains' yet? If you take on a Yag but then decide to run, every Yagoda that you pass will gang up on you and chase you - I've seen a gang of what looked like 20 before chasing some poor blighter trying to zone. Leave them be when they pass you and they should ignore you but be ever so wary of them when they return. Orcs and Goblins do it too and its very common to see in camps like Giddeus, Shakrami maze or Ghelsba (near san Doria) all places any self respecting level 11 warrior might like to visit.

Guest Two Heavens

I might have done. I was running between two of the main outside areas and there was a huge pile of the buggers all in a line. A bit of hasty bow action caught me a couple of easy prey ones though, so can't complain. I think someone might have pulled one of the Bard type Yagudos out into the open. It caught me and a passing group of low level people off guard and smacked us down.

So what's actually inside the caves? I saw someone outside the auction house shouting about getting a group together to kill a dragon or something like that.

So what's actually inside the caves? I saw someone outside the auction house shouting about getting a group together to kill a dragon or something like that.

There are bosses but at my level I go into the caves for XP. For example in Shakrami Maze (north east corner of Tharongi Canyon) you can fight Maze Makers as part of a party (with at least one good healer an absolute necessity) and get 146 XP a time! You can also get completely lost without a map and get killed quite easily soloing. I quite enjoy soloing though although Ghelsba Fort near San Doria seemed better for this than Giddeus to me and Shakrami is more or less suicide for me on my own at the minute.

Elorien, Rushy and I rocked the Ghelsba Outpost yesterday. Not bad for three fighters and no healer. Nearly to level 8 as DRK now.

Got my new body armour today. Its a nomads tunic (an off yellow colour) which is supposed to speed up healing HP recovery. I've watched HP recovery since and it now seems to accelerate by 1 each time the HP goes up. So the first HP increase might be 11, then 12, then 13 etc so the Hp recovery gets faster and faster. Never really noticed how it worked before but I guess its faster now. Still not fast enough mind when there are aggroing mobs around. I like the colour so its ok and miles more dashing than the brass harness that I'd been wearing for the last couple of weeks.

Also used sneak attack successfully for the first time too. I realised that you have to be behind a mob to use it but soloing initially I found that difficult to do. Finally selected a worthless target in east sabu and snuck up behind it having first activated sneak attack - killed it stone dead with 89 hp of damage in one go. Very useful for first attacks solo and partying when you can more easily control being behind a mob then.

Well I had an (enforced) night off last night. Damn you BTYahoo, but aim to be on tonight :)

Anyone up for a PT - head to ghelsba again maybe? Rushy? Pungee?

Hit 19 in my main job last night. Almost time to travel to Jeuno and ride the big chicken.

Not that I have any idea how to get to Jeuno from Sandy, somebody tell me please?