rllmuk
xiphoid

FFXI

Guest wskertich
An ability that allows Dragoons to restore their Wyvern's HP will be added. Additionally, Wyverns that are dismissed with full HP will be available for instant resummoning.

The new Dragoon ability will come in handy. It gets tiring to have to heal every time your wyvern needs to heal.

The new Dragoon ability will come in handy. It gets tiring to have to heal every time your wyvern needs to heal.

Cool, I think I am gonna go Dragoon when I hit 30. Theres just something about having a little Dragon pet that will make soloing a lot less lonely.

Folks,

finally got sorted and online with a new ps2 (thanks for the heads up Pungee). Spent an hour or so updating/registering last night and tonight I'm taking the plunge and creating my character :D

Any chance of someone letting me have a world pass so i can join you all on Garuda? Am I right in thinking it's a code you have to enter when you create your character?

Anyway, i could do with someone showing me the ropes if anyones around later tonight...

Any chance of someone letting me have a world pass so i can join you all on Garuda? Am I right in thinking it's a code you have to enter when you create your character?

Anyway, i could do with someone showing me the ropes if anyones around later tonight...

I don't think we have a world pass at the moment. If you create a character, and then back out just before logging on, you can see which server it's on in the details. If you don't get Garuda, delete the character and repeat the process until you do.

Select your starting city as Windhurst. A few of us are in the area at the moment, and can help you out.

If my graphics card is there when I get home, I'll gladly give you the guided tour.

If it does turn up, I'll be on at about 9.

EDIT: I'm in San d'Oria at the moment, so if you would prefer to start there, we can still meet up with you.

I'll be returning to San Doria tonight as well... so search for either pungee or myself (Dabeckt) in the search menu. Or send a prospective tell message to either of us by typing /t pungee/dabeckt your message.

Do you know what you'll be calling your character? I can keep a look out for you.

Cheers fellas.

Who/what am I looking for? Names etc...

Stolly - I'm on Garuda and am near Windhurst at the minute.

PS only start in San Doria if you have a high threshold for stirring bag pipe music.

To be fair SD is a good place to start as a lot of everything is accessible, although my starting city of Windhurst really feels like home nowadays and I think I prefer it. I've just come back from San Doria but might hack back up there if thats where you start. (To begin with you'll find travelling between the cities extremely difficult and nigh on impossible at level 1)

Hume Warrior called Jarik. (original huh? :D )

Currently hanging around the Valkrum dunes and San Doria areas, as I'm not really sure where I should be aiming for at 20+. AFAIK "Keys" should be next on my hitlist.

AFAIK "Keys" should be next on my hitlist.

These are the three keys which are exchanged for a Kazham airship pass.

You need to get one from each of the three beastman areas; Giddeus (Yagudo), Palborough Mines (Quadav) and Ghelsba (Orcs).

OK I'll head for San Doria if I can. Don't have a name yet - need something to suit the character so I'll be choosing later.

BTW I'm thinking either a Tarutaru Black Mage or an Elvaan Monk.

Guest wskertich
BTW I'm thinking either a Tarutaru Black Mage or an Elvaan Monk.

If you chose the Taru BLM, I highly suggest the home city of Windurst. It is where you can get a +3MP/+1INT starting ring. INT is for BLMs specifically. As for chosing any type of Elvaan job, go with Sandoria. You can find me near the Windy areas right now, however, as everyone else already knows, tonight will be my last night for about 3 weeks ;) My character's name is Caramon, and am currently lvling as a DRG/BRD, however, my main job is a lvl 33WHM. Look any of us up, and I'm sure that we will give you a pearl if youre interested. Cya in Vana'diel.

I don't know how it happened but I lost about 7000 gil today and had a beetle face mask (lvl 21 stuff) turn up in my items. Either I screwed up big time in the armour shop or my 9 year old daughter did some sort of transaction while I was away from the computer. I suspect the latter. 7000 gil is a lot to spend particularly as I could only get 1200 gil for the face mask at the AH!

Bah I'm giving up for tonight. The last few nights play for me have consited of almost reaching level 15 in my subjob then dieing, then almost reaching 15 only to die again, bloody annoying.

sounds unfamiliar... what job are you?

I decide to give my dodgy graphics card another try, and it seems to be working flawlessly again. After I had already paid for a new one of course...

Hope the introduction wasn't too daunting, Loop.

4 levels down, 71 to go :D

I decide to give my dodgy graphics card another try, and it seems to be working flawlessly again. After I had already paid for a new one of course...

Hope the introduction wasn't too daunting, Loop.

4 levels down, 71 to go :D

It'll go soon.. you know your new card can give much better res at a w him of course... msimply hacksaw needed. Bne has the goods I think, or did!

Good session Pungee ;)

A damn fine introduction to a game I'm going to spending a lot of time on! Already had a quick half hour going solo before work this morning.

I'll be on later tonight, I have an urge to dish out some payback to those Orcs. :o

I just got FFXI online last night on my PS2, created a character and started the game but was placed in the wrong 'world'.

I understand all you guys hang out in garuda, and I know I can delete and re-cretae my character until I get forunate and get placed in garuda, but it sounds like a long and painful process.

Any chance someone would have World Pass for me so I can get staright in and join the fun with you lot?

Please PM with it if you do.........

Hey Rushy,

Where did you buy from in the end?

If you can get on Garuda we could team up - both being a similar lvl 'n' all. Recreating the character isn't too much of a pain either, though i got lucky on my 2nd go :o

Look for Elorien

Hey Rushy,

Where did you buy from in the end?

If you can get on Garuda we could team up - both being a similar lvl 'n' all. Recreating the character isn't too much of a pain either, though i got lucky on my 2nd go :D

Look for Elorien

Well I bought it from 'therage' for £80 inc shipping. Came quickly and well packaged :P

Problem is my old order which I cancelled ages ago came yesterday, so I now have a spare copy :o Think my brother may be tempted to buy it off me though (but he would need to buy a US PS2 first) so he can play with me simultaneously. But if he doesn't then I'll have a copy for sale.

I should be able to get on Garuda hopefully, if so I'll see you there.

My name on FFXI is Rushy (suprisingly ;) )

Well I bought it from 'therage' for £80 inc shipping. Came quickly and well packaged :D

Problem is my old order which I cancelled ages ago came yesterday, so I now have a spare copy :o Think my brother may be tempted to buy it off me though (but he would need to buy a US PS2 first) so he can play with me simultaneously. But if he doesn't then I'll have a copy for sale.

I should be able to get on Garuda hopefully, if so I'll see you there.

My name on FFXI is Rushy (suprisingly ;) )

Rushy!

Sell it to me!

I've just bought geldra's US PS2!

Did it work OK then?

I guess I need a US network adaptor too?

How difficult was it?

Rushy!

Sell it to me!

I've just bought geldra's US PS2!

Did it work OK then?

I guess I need a US network adaptor too?

How difficult was it?

I was just trying to find the thread in 'ask the forum', but I guess I can just tell you here now.

First off, I hope the US PS2 is one of the newer models, as the HD doesn't work with some of the older models.

It worked perfectly fine, not a hitch at all. Suprisingly straight forward, but it does take a while (about 2 hours) due to all the updates, entering details and installing that needs to be done.

Yep, you will need a US network adaptor too, so first off get that and make sure you can connect. Regarding my spare copy, you have first dibs after my brother. He is going to decide in the next few day or so, so if he doesn't want it its all yours (for an appropriate cash amount of course (non pofit venture though)). But if he doesdecide he wants it then he will be ordering a US PS2 and I could order another copy of the game for you at the same time and possibly save on shipping (could even order a network adaptor too).