IGNORED

FFXI

xiphoid

Also, Systemshock you never mentioned if you were hunting in the key room for the key - as far as I know there is only 1 place in Giddeous where the Yags drop the key. It's in a squarish room to the far south, you have to fall down the hole in the west caves (the one Kaisu fell down) to stay on the "upper" level , then keep heading south and the yags eventually get harder. You'll know you're in the right place when you get to a medium sized dead end "room" and there will doubtlessly be other peeps there farming for the key.

By the way, it doesn't matter which type of Yag you kill as long as it's in the key room. Me and Neenee got ours from a Votary and then a Priest. I also throw away Yag feathers, I've found 0 use for them. As for Necklaces, I find them more annoying than useful because they don't bloody stack, argh. Is silk thread worth much at the AH? I only made some once and I've forgetten the worth.

you made silk thread?

If you are talking about grass thread - it is used tomake armour in clothmaking - lower levels.

I think the drop is from specific mobs, as oppossed to a specific area.

Is silk thread worth much at the AH? I only made some once and I've forgetten the worth.

Silk thread sells for about 11'000 a stack.I'm guessing you made grass thread though, Which sells for about 1'000.You can take then grass thread and make grass cloth, WHich sells dor about 4'000 a stack, Making this will also raise your clothcraft skill up to lvl 4.

I think i worked out that if i farmed the Yagudo necklaces myself and bought the wind crystals and earth crystals, I could make about 3800 profit by seling two stacks of grass cloth.It's not much but it may come in handy sometime.

Also, Systemshock you never mentioned if you were hunting in the key room for the key - as far as I know there is only 1 place in Giddeous where the Yags drop the key. It's in a squarish room to the far south, you have to fall down the hole in the west caves (the one Kaisu fell down) to stay on the "upper" level , then keep heading south and the yags eventually get harder. You'll know you're in the right place when you get to a medium sized dead end "room" and there will doubtlessly be other peeps there farming for the key.

Really, I thought that this is the room where the treasure chest itself would appear. I imagine the key can be found there too mind.

I realise i should really know the answer, but what are these keys you're all talking about? is it a quest?

The key's enable you to get an airship pass so you can travel to Khazam (sp).You need three key's, One from Giddeous and another two, I can't remember where you can get them now.

Hey guys i'm just posting to say i finally managed to find where all the FFXI chat was and now i can join in. For my first post i thought i would give everyone a quick laugh :lol: Have any of you ever wondered if they are going to make a Final Fantasy 30 and what it would be like. If u do not get this joke think hard and think about what Roman numerals they would use to make 30, there you go see i told you i would give u a laugh hope you enjoyed.

I realise i should really know the answer, but what are these keys you're all talking about? is it a quest?

I already had one key without any idea of the quest either. I have now found out that its a jeuno quest and when you have 3 keys, collected from Ghelsba, palborough and Giddeus you can travel (just to) Kazham on the airship. I asked a question on the LS last night about finding the key in Giddeus and Rushy replied to say something like ' Giddeus - what key?'. So we're all a bit thick when it comes to this I think.

I was in a great party yesterday. Three NIN/WARs, a DRK, a MNK and myself. Thanks to the ninja's Utsusemi and a clever provoke order, we managed to get by with no proper healer. Parties like that really boost my enthusiasm for this game :rolleyes:

Level 25 now, I'll be around the Kazham area if anyone wants to Mandragora hunt tonight.

I should be around (if I can keep the mrs sweet), as you know cuz I gave you a quick wave yesterday, I'm not far of 27 now tho.

A question. Yesterday I was in a rubbish party, we have 3 warriors and none of em could keep the hate so I had to tank, which was fair enough cuz I quite enjoy tanking, but since I'm a monk I shouldnt really be doing it. Anyway, the Mandys were not dropping any crystals, which was the completet opposite of the party I was in on Saturday where each Mandy seemed to drop 4 crystals. Why is this? Saturdays party had 3 rangers in it, is there some ranger skill that make the mobs drop more?

A question. Yesterday I was in a rubbish party, we have 3 warriors and none of em could keep the hate so I had to tank, which was fair enough cuz I quite enjoy tanking, but since I'm a monk I shouldnt really be doing it. Anyway, the Mandys were not dropping any crystals, which was the completet opposite of the party I was in on Saturday where each Mandy seemed to drop 4 crystals. Why is this? Saturdays party had 3 rangers in it, is there some ranger skill that make the mobs drop more?

It's because Yuhtunga is now under beastman control. As soon as one of the nations regains control, crystals will drop again.

It's because Yuhtunga is now under beastman control. As soon as one of the nations regains control, crystals will drop again.

Ah, thats why. Thank god for that cuz I have nothing to sell at the AH, and not enough money to travel back to Jeuno at the moment.

Partying in Quifm!!!

Without doubt the best party I have ever been in in Quifm was just to the left of the exit (of the tunnel from Port Jeuno) at the top of the cliffs by the sea. Why then do so many parties insist on partying by the tower or in it (lower Defunkt?). Again its probably coincidence but all of the parties I have been in over there have been less good - for instance falling down on some idiots idea of pulling goblins in the tower (rather than waiting for them to spawn) and finding out that they are linked or deciding that we are hard enough for Wights when we have trouble even moving their HP bar!!

Tip: go to the cliff without idiots in your party. :rolleyes:

Ah, thats why. Thank god for that cuz I have nothing to sell at the AH, and not enough money to travel back to Jeuno at the moment.

If you have 200g you can get on the airship, travelling back theres a (repeatable) quest to return an item to a passenger that pays 500g.

So you make 300g overall. (Then switch to a lvl 1 job and return for free!!! Woo.)

Can I just comment that it sounds like some of you are trying to run before you can walk with regards to kazham key hunting?

You won't need them until about level 25, and as a thief I found the yags hard enough to solo at that level, let alone at just over 20...

Of course, I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it, but it may be an idea to take a large party with you.

Yeah, I went key huntung at 24/25 and needed help in some form for each and everyone. Either help from the linkshell or forming parties when I got there. You ideally need a party of 4 including a healer if you want to get through the mobs quickly and efficiently.

If you have 200g you can get on the airship, travelling back theres a (repeatable) quest to return an item to a passenger that pays 500g.

So you make 300g overall. (Then switch to a lvl 1 job and return for free!!! Woo.)

Actually, whats probably the best way to do this quest is to just get straight back on the airship when you get to jeuno, when you get back to kazham, speak to the guy who gave you the quest, and get back on the ship.

That way you will only have to pay the 200gil once and will make 500gil on every return trip...

Boring as HELL... but if you're that desperate for gil... :rolleyes:

Can I just comment that it sounds like some of you are trying to run before you can walk with regards to kazham key hunting?

You won't need them until about level 25, and as a thief I found the yags hard enough to solo at that level, let alone at just over 20...

Of course, I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it, but it may be an idea to take a large party with you.

Its fun to try though :) - when I'm in a full party I feel pretty much unafraid because I just don't attract as much heat as warriors or magic users. Soloing adds much more of an edge to things.

I'm a level 22 thief reinforced with 11's worth of monk and EP yags are exactly that, easy. One on one I dont even break into a sweat. A DC yag is a bit more of a challenge but definitely do-able - generally I feel comfortable if my initial sneak attack works and more uncomfortable if it fires a damp squib! I carry a scroll of instant warp too and I'm not afraid to use it :rolleyes:

I also have the best available dagger at my level and armour equipped that adds 25 to what would otherwise be my max hp and have more-or-less maxed out my dagger and evasion skills as well. I have ok-ish archery skills and can attract mobs so as to tackle them one at a time (most of the time).

...... Mind you that could all be bollocks and I could just be kidding myself.

Actually, whats probably the best way to do this quest is to just get straight back on the airship when you get to jeuno, when you get back to kazham, speak to the guy who gave you the quest, and get back on the ship.

That way you will only have to pay the 200gil once and will make 500gil on every return trip...

Boring as HELL... but if you're that desperate for gil... :rolleyes:

So where abouts is the guy who gives you the quest?

Guest wskertich
So where abouts is the guy who gives you the quest?

It is actually the big burly Galka guy on the Jeuno side just to the right of the second door heading out into the dock. Has a green jerkin on of some sort if my memory serves. He talks about a Kazham pass being some outrageous price; then mentions a deal for adventurers.

It is actually the big burly Galka guy on the Jeuno side just to the right of the second door heading out into the dock. Has a green jerkin on of some sort if my memory serves. He talks about a Kazham pass being some outrageous price; then mentions a deal for adventurers.

Whose the guy on the Kazham side that asks you too find someone? Someone has dropped something quest...

Just a quick thanks for all the guys who helped last night with the dragon fight. It was over before it had started really, but it was still fun.

Rank 3 :D

(oh and Final Fantasy XXX aka 30 is the best name for a game ever)

Hey guys i'm just posting to say i finally managed to find where all the FFXI chat was and now i can join in. For my first post i thought i would give everyone a quick laugh :D                                                                                                          Have any of you ever wondered if they are going to make a Final Fantasy 30 and what it would be like. If u do not get this joke think hard and think about what Roman numerals they would use to make 30, there you go see i told you i would give u a laugh hope you enjoyed.

^^ It was in reference to what Kentetsu said ^^

Whose the guy on the Kazham side that asks you too find someone? Someone has dropped something quest...

As you leave the boat, he is to the left, in the corner. Speak to him when you are going back to Jeuno.

There is a similar guy for all the airship journey's to Jeuno.

Thanks for the feedback Rushy by the way guys if anyone wants help from a lvl 30 rdm just ask but i wont be on the game till thursday evening cause i got some useless revision to do and some exams to fail. So until that time you'll get no help from me.

As for Necklaces, I find them more annoying than useful because they don't bloody stack, argh.

You should hand the yagudo necklaces to the catwoman thief in winwoods. This raises your fame in both windhurst & norg. Once you have handed in about 250 you are able to accept the quest for the ninja scroll utsusemi, which you can sell for about 140000 gil. Although its well worth keeping if you ever want to use ninja as main or subjob. Ranger is suicide without it.

You should hand the yagudo necklaces to the catwoman thief in winwoods. This raises your fame in both windhurst & norg. Once you have handed in about 250 you are able to accept the quest for the ninja scroll utsusemi, which you can sell for about 140000 gil. Although its well worth keeping if you ever want to use ninja as main or subjob. Ranger is suicide without it.

Thanks for that - I wish Id been handing them in all the time now! Anyway I can give her a good ten to get going.

I haven't been online recently, what with being at home from Uni and stuck with dial-up...the game playes fine but we only have one phone line see...hopefully I'll be on a bit tonight.

And the NPC in Kazham you talk to for the repeatable quest is named 'Swift'. It's a nice easy quest to do, very dull though and time consuming. Still, it gets you Jeuno fame too.