IGNORED

FFXI

xiphoid

You'll need them once you start partying in Yhoator Jungle, too. It's a nightmare to get back to Kazham for non-BLMs.

Thanks for the tips guys. Obviously I died loads first time round but with my monk I went all the way to level 13 without even coming close. Yesterday was the first time I've been close to KO at that level for months! Just goes against the grain being KO'd I guess.

You'll need them once you start partying in Yhoator Jungle, too. It's a nightmare to get back to Kazham for non-BLMs.

I usually take the airship back to Jeuno, but the 'ghetto warp' back to kazham again.

Er... you don't lose conquest points for suicide do you? :)

I usually take the airship back to Jeuno, but the 'ghetto warp' back to kazham again.

Er... you don't lose conquest points for suicide do you? :)

Ghetto warp meaning that you have a HP set in say Kazham and you wander into Rolanberry and get yourself killed so as to get to Kazham?

I don't understand this bit as I'm not there yet but once I collect all three keys (from Palborough, Ghelsba and Giddeus) I can get the airship pass to Kazham, is that right? Presumably though thats the only route I can use on the airship which I would otherwise need rank 5 for?

Yhoator is level range 26/27 - 29/30 for killing Mandras at the beginning, I've spent the past few days there getting big exp.

Just a bit to go till level 30, then I really must level up my White Mage a bit as having a level 9 subjob is just weak. And then maybe become a summoner. Damn I'll be glad to see the back of Yhoator.

I don't understand this bit as I'm not there yet but once I collect all three keys (from Palborough, Ghelsba and Giddeus) I can get the airship pass to Kazham, is that right? Presumably though thats the only route I can use on the airship which I would otherwise need rank 5 for?

Once you get the 3 keys, you show them to a guy in the Kazham airport in Jeuno Port, which then lets you use the airship to Kazham for 200 gil a time. Yes, the other airships are for rank 5.

I'm on the beta ... lol.

Massive package waiting for me when I got home today. Given I had tossed the initial pack I bought away, a lucky event.

I didn't realise they where starting the beta so early.It's the PC version i take it?No word of the PS2 version?

I wonder why they even bothered with a beta anyway, Surely they must know it works fine in the uk.

Anyway.I got to Jueno last night, And had no luck with a party.I think there was about 2 people seeking and neither of them would respond.So is there anywhere else i could lvl at 19, That where i might have a chance of getting a party?

I'll try jueno again tonight, And on sunday night, And see if i get any joy first though.

I didn't realise they where starting the beta so early.It's the PC version i take it?No word of the PS2 version?

I wonder why they even bothered with a beta anyway, Surely they must know it works fine in the uk.

Anyway.I got to Jueno last night, And had no luck with a party.I think there was about 2 people seeking and neither of them would respond.So is there anywhere else i could lvl at 19, That where i might have a chance of getting a party?

I'll try jueno again tonight, And on sunday night, And see if i get any joy first though.

Noniro I'm at Quifm now too - lvl 21. You just have to hang around either at the Jeuno end of the tunnel or at the island and a party will become available. Might see you there later.

Guest wskertich
Just a bit to go till level 30, then I really must level up my White Mage a bit as having a level 9 subjob is just weak. And then maybe become a summoner. Damn I'll be glad to see the back of Yhoator.

Yes, having a lvl 9 sub job is sad...but hey, i have no room to talk...i always had a lvl 9blm as my sub till i got smn. :lol: As for getting summoner, ask Kentetsu how fun it was to find his ruby today. Luckilly it only took about an hour out of the day, and not 5-6 like it took for mine. Then you have to activate the quest, and gather all 7 elements. Here are some of the places to go for the elements:

# Red - heat - Valkurm, Rolanberry, Oztroya, Altepa, Yhoater Jungle.

# Orange - clear skies - most places

# Yellow - sand - Valkurm, Tahrongi, Konschtat.

# Green - wind - Tahrongi, Mhaura, La Theine.

# Indigo - ice - Xarcabard, Beaucedine etc.

# Blue - rain - La Theine, Pashhow, Rolanberry.

# Violet - thunder - Konschtat, Jugner.

Have fun. I'll be outta here until tomorrow afternoon/evening. Cya around then.

hiya,

I'm a new poster to these forums, have been lurking a little while and saw quite a few people play FFXI.

Like xiphoid I received the game to test for the Euro beta.

I'd like to join you guys, would it be possible for someone to send me a world pass for your server? dabeckt said he would pay the gil til I got in and saved up!

thanks and look forward to seeing you in game <_<

Prox

hiya,

I'm a new poster to these forums, have been lurking a little while and saw quite a few people play FFXI.

Like xiphoid I received the game to test for the Euro beta.

I'd like to join you guys, would it be possible for someone to send me a world pass for your server? dabeckt said he would pay the gil til I got in and saved up!

thanks and look forward to seeing you in game :D

Prox

Prox Noniro (Kaisu) might have an unexpred WP no. Keep a look out. I'm not in a city at the minute so not near a WP shop.

Question about the key collecting to get the Kazham airship pass. Is this a quest or did somebody just stumble across it? When I have all three do I just show up in Jeuno and give them to the right person? Who is that person?

I'm soloing in Giddeus at the minute to get the Giddeus key - I think I know who to try and get the drop off (probably DC Yags of which thankfully there aren't many now) and then intend to do the same in Ghelsba. Already have the Palborough one. At long last I feel comfortable soloing in Giddeus (famous last words of course) after no end of bad experiences there in the past!

It's a Jeuno quest: Guddal is the NPC I think

The Yag's you need are specidic types - it's not related to DC or EM. you need Yagu Priests and 2 other types - whose names elude me.

Yeah I know Priests and another type beginning with V - Ive logged standing near one of these who just happens to be DC thats all. DC yags are ok so long as I clear any other yags first - I would lose if they gang up on me.

I was in giddeous last night.I wasn't really looking for the key, Just having a wander around and farming some yagudo necklaces.It seems when i'm going for the key i'll need some help, As my White mage i almost got killed by and easy prey Yag last night.I fell down a hole.:lol:

I love the way the AH works in this game.I was farming for Yagudo necklaces because the last time i looked they where 300 each in the AH.They're now done to 80 in the windurst AH, Because there is now almost 200 available, Hehe.I can now raise my clothcraft skill without wasting too much time of money.

The same thing happened when i was fishing for moat carp.When i started there was always about 3 stacks in the AH, And they sold for 4000 a stack.The last time i looked there was 120 stacks, Everyone has the same idea.

Yeah I know Priests and another type beginning with V - Ive logged standing near one of these who just happens to be DC thats all. DC yags are ok so long as I clear any other yags first - I would lose if they gang up on me.

votary (sp) and theologist... dragged form the depths of my memory.

I was in giddeous last night.I wasn't really looking for the key, Just having a wander around and farming some yagudo necklaces.It seems when i'm going for the key i'll need some help, As my White mage i almost got killed by and easy prey Yag last night.I fell down a whole.:lol:

I love the way the AH works in this game.I was farming for Yag necklaces bwcause the last time i looked they where 300 each in the AH.They're now done to 80 in the windurst AH, Because there is now almost 200 available, Hehe.I can now raise my clothcraft skill without wasting too much time of money.

The same thing happened when i was fishing for moat carp.When i started there was always about 3 stacks in the AH, And they sold for 4000 a stack.The last time i looked there was 120 stacks, Everyone has the same idea.

As a thief based in Windhurst I collect bloody loads of Yag necklesses - have about 10 as we speak in my items folder. I've noticed the price fall too and dump the necklesses now if something more interesting drops. As fo Yaguda Feathers - I chuck them away as soon as I getr them. Even though they stack they just arnt worth the effort.

Votory - thanks Xiph. Its one of those that I'm by now. Given that he is DC I wouldnt be surprised that I have to at least beat a DC to get the drop. With a fair wind a combination of three or four boosts, Sneak Attack, a WS Gust Slash and, if I'm desperate, my 2 hour ability of perfect dodge should be enough! :P

I was in a great party yesterday. Three NIN/WARs, a DRK, a MNK and myself. Thanks to the ninja's Utsusemi and a clever provoke order, we managed to get by with no proper healer. Parties like that really boost my enthusiasm for this game :D

Level 25 now, I'll be around the Kazham area if anyone wants to Mandragora hunt tonight.

By the way, it doesn't matter which type of Yag you kill as long as it's in the key room. Me and Neenee got ours from a Votary and then a Priest. I also throw away Yag feathers, I've found 0 use for them. As for Necklaces, I find them more annoying than useful because they don't bloody stack, argh. Is silk thread worth much at the AH? I only made some once and I've forgetten the worth.