rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
xiphoid

FFXI

I guess this is not when you wanted to hear:

PS2 hardware incompatibility: It is rumored that older model PS2's with an old chipset receive DNAS error code 880 or 881. Only a Sony technician can fix this problem. If you receive this error, call SCEA Consumer Services at 1-866-466-5333, or 1-800-345-7669 between the hours of 6:00am - 7:00pm (Pacific Standard Time)

Are you using a modded or PAL PS2?

shit :)

It's a proper ntsc console. Not chipped. Bought from Goblin about 16 months ago - but it was reconditioned so is probably older.

I called that number last night and they would only refer me to Sony Europe, who i guess aren't that interested in helping someone who's playing an imported console.

Dunno what to do now :huh:

Last few days have been a bit of a mare, get into parties all the time but they soon fall apart or spend ages looking for a WHM, thought I'd be 18 by now but I'm still lev 16. Decided that I shall try the Chocobo quest instead so I will try and run to Jeuno tonight, if I can find the damn place!

Yeah, dunes are horrible - stick with it though. You can't actually do the Choco quest until level 20 so theres not much point in going to Jeuno. Stick with the dunes to get your subjob items - that should be your priority at the moment.

I've just returned to the dunes myself, I'm 11 at the moment and will stick around until 15/16 and then go to Jeuno and get my choco license. Maybe we could put a small party together and do the Mission we've both stalled on?

I've been busy this week but I hope to be on again over the weekend. I'm still level 13 with Bard in Tahrongi/Shakhrami, I want to reach 14 before heading to Valkurm as there's lots of equipment I can use then. (Friar's Rope, CHR Rings, Light Soleas etc) I don't want to have to run back to town from Valkurm to get them.

Once I do reach 14, I'll be in Valkurm for a while so if anyone wants to meet, I'll be around.

How do i get on the garuda server just keap deleting and creating chars til i get on the rigth one? and umm... how do i know what server i am on

How do i get on the garuda server just keap deleting and creating chars til i get on the rigth one? and umm... how do i know what server i am on

Yeah, once you make your character and come to the attach character to handle screen go back until you get to either the select character or delete character screens. In the corner will be a little bit of info, one part of which is the Server you're attached to. It can take 5 goes, it can take 50 - hang in there.

If you're still failing someone will get you a world pass.

Pungee, Gunstar, Dab - I'm in dunes too - it's unpleasant, seems worse than ever. Finally put my own pt together last night after 3 failures of other ones - maybe can all hook up - I made a WHM friend who loves me for constantly saving her from gobbos. I'm level 14.

Pungee, Gunstar, Dab - I'm in dunes too - it's unpleasant, seems worse than ever. Finally put my own pt together last night after 3 failures of other ones - maybe can all hook up - I made a WHM friend who loves me for constantly saving her from gobbos. I'm level 14.

Yeah I think we should get a party going then, by the time I run back to the dunes we'll all be close level wise anyway.

I thought you could get the Chocobo license at 15 now?

I thought you could get the Chocobo license at 15 now?

You need to be 20 to get the license, but once you have it, you can ride at level 15 with other jobs.

The funny thing about FF is that everything seems to suck bad after Valkurm. If you hated the dunes, look forward to Qufim...Qufim IS hell. Then it's off for a merry jaunt in Kazham...where goblins rule and the air is constantly filled with cries for a raise. And as for Altepa Desert....

Though saying that, my Red Mage character never really seems to a have a problem levelling up. My Warrior seemed to get in the worst groups (or simply not group at all) and seems to be going through the same as a Samurai.

Guest wskertich

My SMN is finally lvl 19. I am currently in Jeuno, and hope to be lvling in Qufim soon as a SMN. Anyone have any character lvls around 19? I know Devdas is interested in lvling in Qufim, but all are welcome.

I have a Red Mage at level 20, unfortunately I'm trying to get her sub job up to level 15 before the obligatory Qufim/Kazham/Yuhtunga run

Quifim seemed a lot more organised than Valkurm, especially if you go to the tower zone exit. Kazham is bad, but I reckon that's just bad design, as it's like a gobbo alley at the zone.

If i get a world pass can i change server? I'm new to this game and have no idea what I'm doing

Guest wskertich

If I am not mistaken, if you get a WP, you can create a new character in that world. The system does not allow you to bring one character from a different server into a new one though. I might have incorrect information about this though.

If I am not mistaken, if you get a WP, you can create a new character in that world. The system does not allow you to bring one character from a different server into a new one though. I might have incorrect information about this though.

Thats correct.

And Ren, someone on Garuda would have the get the world pass and give you the code.

Albion bods,

I'm deleting my character tonight.

Not too sure how this will affect the linkshell, but I'll do it at around 10 ish.

Guest wskertich

Wow...that was unexpected. We kinda knew that you were getting burned out, but didn't think it would make you feel like deleting your character. Is there a way that you can pass the shell of to another character that already has admin rights to the LS? Other than that, who knows what will happen. Maybe we will have to all pitch in for a new one.... As my favorite saying goes: What happens, happens. I am sure we will see you around in the future. Until then, good luck with things.

Something that I forgot to state: We will all miss you if you do decide to delete your character, and we all hope that you change your mind, and stay with us in Vana'Diel.

Caramon

Edited by wskertich

Albion bods,

Not too sure how this will affect the linkshell, but I'll do it at around 10 ish.

:D

Xiphoid out, as it were...

Albion bods,

Sounds serious, Xiph.

Why not just cancel the Content ID without deleting the character, then you would have three month break to decide if you'd like to return.

Sorry to see you go Xiph. Pity that we did'nt get to party at all.

The Linkshell group should be OK BTW, as the manual says that:

"...as long as the Linkshell is not discarded, the group will remain even if the Linkshell owner deletes their character or terminates their Final Fantasy XI account."

This does make me wonder however if the game starts to get very samey after all the Subjob, Chocobo, and Advanced job quests are out of the way. Is it just ever higher levels and tougher mobs?

Edited by Jarik

Albion bods,

Xiphoid, was it down to the game becoming less stimulating (after 1000's of hours play) or were you just worried about your addiction level?

This does make me wonder however if the game starts to get very samey after all the Subjob, Chocobo, and Advanced job quests are out of the way. Is it just ever higher levels and tougher mobs?

Yeah but you need to think about the hours you've put in. I've played this for a lot longer than any other recent game I've bought, I've put in about 3 whole days play and I'm only just hitting level 18.

Yeah but you need to think about the hours you've put in. I've played this for a lot longer than any other recent game I've bought, I've put in about 3 whole days play and I'm only just hitting level 18.

I've put in a lot longer than that and I'm still level 13!

After 14 days of play, I have the following job levels:

Warrior - 11

Monk - 20

Thief - 5

White Mage - 14

Red Mage - 1

Black Mage - 30

Bard - 14

Beastmaster - 3

I think I'm enjoying Bard as it's so different from the jobs I had played before. I'm available in the Valkurm area tonight if anyone is around, level 14 at the moment.

432 hours.

As it goes, there is simply nothing else I’m interested in doing post 30 and the game elements are far too sparse now to maintain playing.

I'll be in Valkurm Pungee, let me know if theres a space free in any of your parties... I'll obviously do the same. I'm currently 13 War/6 Thief.

Edited by hub2

Can someone give me a few tips on what to do in this game is just really confusing when you are new. I'm sure ffxi is really good once you get into it but atm i cant and cause of that i never stay logged on for more then 30 minuts at once

Level your character. Initially to level 18, then with a party or higher level assitance (get used to asking for this) get your sub job quest sorted. You'll probably level up to 10 or 11 alone, then move onto parties.

Talk to your NPC's - the city is full of them, talk to them all and accept quests. Questing gives you many aims and challenges to keep you interested. The fame you recieve from questing early allows yyou to get more useful quests (useful regarding rewards given) later on.

Crafting. select a craft and get to work. Talk to the guild for recipies.

Make money via the AH. A stack of items is better to sell, so maybe from level 5 attack one type of mob, until you have a full '12' stack... sell and repeat.

If that doesn't sound like your thing, get a normal offline RPG.