rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
xiphoid

FFXI

Congratulations, You lvld that job quite fast...Are you going for smn also, eventually?

And while we're on the subject of AF ^^ I'd like to complete my AF1 quest sometime today, And as always, With these sort of things, I'm going to need some help.If anyone's up for it?

I have a treasure chest and key hunt in upper delkfutts tower, Which could take a while.

Count me in, when time do you want to do it ?

Thanks to Sanjuro, Deneb and Osserc for helping me with my AF1 this afternoon.Just a pity we never got a key.How many giants did we kill agian?

Also, In case you where wondering i got disconnected while running down the steps, I couldn't get back on for over an hour.And i'm still getting disconnected quite a bit.Something's up with my router i think.

So sorry for leaving you guys way up there.But i'm sure you all made it out safely anyway ^^

Congratulations, You lvld that job quite fast...Are you going for smn also, eventually?

Yes, I do plan on doing SMN as well. 3 sets of AF gear....as if 1 isn't so much a pain to get ^^.

I'll help you tomorrow night (Tues) as discussed Noniro if you are available. I need to repay you still for when you bought me my first set of armour and a weapon way back when <_<

Been reluctant to post as I never posted here as I was such an internet newb I didn't know/forgot about this place until I found this pic recently searching my name, it's been so long... anyone kicking about?

Long story short lost Sarish, moved abroad, came back, tried XIV, don't like 2.0+.FFXI106.thumb.jpg.a445170ea7526350fc7b76c35a290faa.jpg

Miss the old days.. I know I could be a pain in the ass, but haven't found any groups online the same.

Hope everyone is well!

• Upvote 7

I absolutely fell in love with this thanks to the Xbox 360 beta. My first entry into MMOs and totally unforgettable.

The definitive Final Fantasy.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Sarish said:

Been reluctant to post as I never posted here as I was such an internet newb I didn't know/forgot about this place until I found this pic recently searching my name, it's been so long... anyone kicking about?

Long story short lost Sarish, moved abroad, came back, tried XIV, don't like 2.0+.FFXI106.thumb.jpg.a445170ea7526350fc7b76c35a290faa.jpg

Miss the old days.. I know I could be a pain in the ass, but haven't found any groups online the same.

Hope everyone is well!

My absolute best gaming memories. God I miss the good times we had.

Nice to see the DC icon over Drazho, same old.. same old....

(I was Layte)

I know @JPR is still here, not sure who else though :( 

37 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

My absolute best gaming memories. God I miss the good times we had.

Nice to see the DC icon over Drazho, same old.. same old....

Was the first thing I thought, things are more stable now thankfully. :lol:

Favourite time gaming as well. It does seem to be one of those games that really sticks with people, you often see old players on other forums and comment sections hark back to it.

I logged in a few years a go during one of the free return campaigns just to see if everything was still there and thankfully it was.

• Upvote 2

Hi Sarish! Thanks for posting that. FFXI is probably my favourite and most memorable gaming experience too, I do miss it sometimes (my character was Ghazsnak). I don't really have time for online gaming anymore but can occasionally be found playing Rocket League on the PS4. 

If anyone remembers Liquidsnake he is still around too and actually came to stay with me in London for a few days last summer when he was travelling over to Russia for the  World Cup. :) 

• Upvote 2

Man, I miss FFXI a lot. I'm not in the pic above but I was Haldeen and had lots of great times with a bunch of you guys captured there. Easily some of my favourite videogame memories.

• Upvote 2

I do miss FFXI. Recently tried to play a Private Server, and I had forgot just how bad the control scheme was. Was a lot of fun back then though, used to play a refresh bot myself for the fancy hats.

• Upvote 1

Amazing gaming memories, nothing will ever match it. That's me at the back, Elorien. I don't have any pics myself, nice to see this pop up :wub:

• Upvote 2

Who knew standing around waiting for an invite to inevitably go and kill some crabs could be so much fun

• Upvote 5

I've got a pile of IDE HDDs that I can't use but think/hope still have all my screen shots, did manage to find a few old ones on Photobucket though.

pol2004-12-2300-37-05-57.jpg~original

pol2004-11-1317-08-19-07.jpg~original

CoP was the best, evil but the best.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, CGB said:

Hi Sarish! Thanks for posting that. FFXI is probably my favourite and most memorable gaming experience too, I do miss it sometimes (my character was Ghazsnak). I don't really have time for online gaming anymore but can occasionally be found playing Rocket League on the PS4. 

If anyone remembers Liquidsnake he is still around too and actually came to stay with me in London for a few days last summer when he was travelling over to Russia for the  World Cup. :) 

Prettysure I remember everyone. Glad people feel positive about the game still. 

I was still young and stupid back then and it's quite embarrassing thinking back now how obsessive I was for us to stick together and complaining people had other shells, amongst other things :rolleyes:

Would be good to see more pics if people have them!

Wow, I must have missed this. Thanks for posting that pic Sarish. I was Jaramesh by the way and I agree with Layte. FFXI is still one of my favourite gaming memories.

Enjoyed playing with you dude. I seem to remember you helping me out a lot, especially the hours we spent camping that damn Moldavite ring!

I don't have any pictures around anymore, sadly. Would love to see if other people have anything though.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JPR said:

I've got a pile of IDE HDDs that I can't use but think/hope still have all my screen shots, did manage to find a few old ones on Photobucket though.

pol2004-12-2300-37-05-57.jpg~original

pol2004-11-1317-08-19-07.jpg~original

CoP was the best, evil but the best.

"Elorien's ranged attack misses"

Again :facepalm: Life of a Ranger.

1 hour ago, droodling said:

"Elorien's ranged attack misses"

Again :facepalm: Life of a Ranger.

Speak for yourself old man. :blah:

That was pre nerf as well!

I've recently joined a FFXI privet server called Eden, I enjoy playing the older content the way it was when the games first launched haha. I would like to play retail again however I cannot bring myself to pay for a new account as my old one appears to be lost to time :(

• Empathy 1

Hello! Is anyone that’s good at this available to help a level 50 noob start doing the Limit Break quests? I’m trying to do the first one (In Defiant Challenge) and keep getting battered. 

Return Home to Vana'diel and play for free between the 9th and 19th of August. Thankfully I kept my install from the last time they did this, will login to see the old sights again.

Eligibility (Account/Character Requirements)

To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements. You can check each of the requirements here.

1. Your PlayOnline account is transferred to Square Enix account.

2. You must have an active PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI service account.

3. Character status under the inactive character options must be set to "Cancelled" status as of
 Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (PDT).

• Upvote 1

img_20200524_191444.thumb.jpg.4a2cb7a8d9a4c9209fdfa703794cafeb.jpg

Somebody still remembers me! Currently a return home campaign going on so I've spent the weekend back in Vana'diel, well minus the hours sorting out macro scripts so no difference there.

Amazing how solo friendly it is now. Trusts give me party members whenever I need, I can get an xp/hr solo that I couldn't dream of in the past, already level 81.  Some welcome QoL improvements as well, being able to warp between homepoints and call mounts makes life much easier.

It's been fun visiting some of the old spots, tempted to pick up the complete edition and sub for a month to finally finish the story.

img_20200524_164900.thumb.jpg.9692750387793fd29c299f0af74f8fea.jpg

Just like old times.

img_20200524_143451.thumb.jpg.b1457fea487972b43ad480e1965c8b06.jpg

img_20200524_180848.thumb.jpg.aad9386912b83abd734905caf612b9f7.jpg

After years of slaughter I've finally made friends with a crab.

img_20200524_211840.thumb.jpg.e5abaf78f2e0a7f9a1442d331b03af34.jpg

• Upvote 1

I loved this game. I have so many amazing memories of it and the people who played.

Good times they were, good times.

• Upvote 1