IGNORED

I was so wrong about Halo

bplus

Right im still playing and this game IS amazing but there alot of repetitive rooms that look exactly same and are becoming a tedious to play thru. Any thoughts?

Oh and i wondered round for ages in that blooming jungle level as well.

By the sound of it you're on the Library now. Stick with it, the next level is far better. And each and every room in the game features a unique set of enemies. Fighting two elites differ from fighting four grunts and two jackals and so on... If it seems like everything is the same, you need to knock up the difficulty a notch or two (like Sprite said).

its just goes on forever. compared to the silent cartographer its awful. Wierd becuase the rest of the game is so polished.

Then again goldeneye had the streets but even then it only lasted a few mins

Sorry yes, a magazine. I'm not up on my ammunition terminology.

Tut tut. You'd better brush up before dishing out warfare advice. I can just picture some poor sucker charging down on a Legendary Elite, firing a single needler round. You can almost imagine it casting an amused look at another Elite, before they burst out in laughter and then turn you into a human omelette.

its just goes on forever. compared to the silent cartographer its awful. Wierd becuase the rest of the game is so polished.

Then again goldeneye had the streets but even then it only lasted a few mins

It's a bit too long, yes, but it has variation in the situations you encounter. Think of it as the one level in which you have to handle every type of Flood encounter, whereas the five first levels of the game throw every type ov Covenant encounter at you.

That said, they could have easily left one floor out of it.

It's a bit too long, yes, but it has variation in the situations you encounter. Think of it as the one level in which you have to handle every type of Flood encounter, whereas the five first levels of the game throw every type ov Covenant encounter at you.

That said, they could have easily left one floor out of it.

No no no the Library is perfect but only if you play it on Legendary difficulty. That's essential because the flood (seemingly) never stops on Legendary. They throw wave after wave at you and you can't pause to take a breath. Especially when you are trapped between two closed portals. Brilliant stuff. Play it on Heroic or any lesser difficulty and it's a tedious experience, dragging on far too long.

instead I was wondering why playing it on a PC was such a average experience compared to playing it on the xbox. What is wrong with the pc version as its a perfect conversion?

...for the same reason you initially didn’t get into (hadn't got into?) the Xbox version. It’s all to do with preconceived perceptions (double negative?) and mood if I may say so. For example I have only got into Wind Waker in recent nights simply due to the fact I needed to prepare myself for the legend that is Zelda. It is such an emotionally, immersive, gaming experience. Though it took me 4 weeks after purchase to bloody start the game.

You see this may sound sad but I don't play games for long periods of time (unless social). Consequently, MMORPGs, RGPs or any other large scale adventure tittles require a lot of enthusiasm and hype on my behalf before I can put the effort in. However there are exceptions such as Metal Gear, Half Life or any other large scale FPS game as I like traditional super-hero /bond themes.

Halo on the PC provides excellent Lan party experiences. It is awesome! Multiplayer on the xbox too provides a different though equally addictive session. I suggest you finish the game on single mode on the most 'convenient' difficulty setting. Then you are to hijack & tie a friend/foe/relation to your xbox and play cooperative on a proper difficultly.