IGNORED

Ut2004

rllmuk

If your DVD copy from play has not shipped yet, you'll be waiting a week or so to get it. They are totally sold out. Some one on the SA forums phoned them. I cancelled my play order this morning and went with Gameplay. They are out of the CD version (I used their online help chat thing) but have copies of the DVD version (which will ship today if ordered today and should arrive tommorow)

oh FOR FUCKS SAKE, she could have told me <_<;) bloody e-mailed play.com and theysaid nothing about this. £17 is good, but my arse am i waiting a WEEK!

yeah i think it's 7.7 gb cause it's a bit of a lazy port. im sure they could have optimised it a bit better.

The XBox version is 6.42GB - is it standard practice to have everything on the HD with PC games rather than streaming media off the disc?

The XBox version is 6.42GB - is it standard practice to have everything on the HD with PC games rather than streaming media off the disc?

Yep.

Its far quicker too and the textures themselves are bloody huge.

Anyway, this is to be expected as the game has many varied levels each with their own graphics.

I suspect Farcry will not as big because its not as varied 'textually'.

Normally only games with FMV will give you the option for large/small install.

Thats why you can get cracks to play the games without the CD (its all installed)

(I dunno if it makes any difference but the media that Doom 3 and HL2 will be made by Seagate - if that gives you any hint to their size).

My UT2003 install is 3.something gig (all the bonus packs..). This has twice the number of levels, so its twice as big. Good.

UT2004 hasn't arrived today though and play.com are saying they're out of stock. I preordered it on Jan 19th, so why the FUCK they didn't get enough to cover my order I don't know. Doubt I'll be using them for HL2 or Doom 3, thats for sure.

My UT2003 install is 3.something gig (all the bonus packs..). This has twice the number of levels, so its twice as big. Good.

UT2004 hasn't arrived today though and play.com are saying they're out of stock. I preordered it on Jan 19th, so why the FUCK they didn't get enough to cover my order I don't know. Doubt I'll be using them for HL2 or Doom 3, thats for sure.

They just didn't get their DVD stock in.

Most people (including myself) seem to have cancelled and gone with Gameplay.

No. They're just great for stuff thats already out. They obviously don't have the contacts to get enough stock to fulfill pre-orders, thats all. So I won't be pre-ordering from them again.

Yeah I meant that. GamePlay.com get games to you the day before release date, which is cool.

I ended up paying £30 for it in town. Ho hum.

Fuck sake. Just played the demo and there are already speed hacks. :)

Hope that's been sorted in the full version.

yep, one of the devs says youll get banned for good from the master servers (i.e EVERY server) if your court cheating. I heard its CD Key + mac address which is rather worrying!