IGNORED

Ut2004

rllmuk

Just arrived from Gameplay :(

Oddly, I didn't know I'd ordered it from them and thought I was getting it from Play. :blink: So I've cancelled that order as they haven't even sent it out yet.

Anyway, the install is a monster - needs around 6GB and takes ages. I got the DVD version luckily as pissing around with cd's would get boring very quickly.

I want to play it but can't. No time.

Anyone else got it yet?

Mines is due for release from Play tommorow, but I've been playing the demo a fair bit and while I've never been a UT fan in the past, there's so much in this new one it would be rude not too (even if the bulk of the new features have been 'ripped off' from other games), and it's proven to be a fair distraction.

Still can't really get into it the way I used to with Quake, Half Life, etc. but it's certainly an entertaining aside.

mine has shipped from dvdbo. the dvd box set. can't wait. in the post, i have MGS:TTS a wavebird and now this. i'll bet it all arives the same day.

oh, speaking of big install's i installed mgs 2 substance on the pc last night. 7.7gb !

If your DVD copy from play has not shipped yet, you'll be waiting a week or so to get it. They are totally sold out. Some one on the SA forums phoned them. I cancelled my play order this morning and went with Gameplay. They are out of the CD version (I used their online help chat thing) but have copies of the DVD version (which will ship today if ordered today and should arrive tommorow)

Jebus 6GB for Unreal and 7.7GB for MGS2?

I don't care how big your HD is that's a lot of space and it takes the piss.

Guess i won't be buying Unreal then. Anyone installed Far Cry yet? I really want that game but i might not bother.

Buy a new hard drive you moaning tart.

You'd rather Epic didn't include 100+ maps? MGS is massive because it's poorly ported arse. UT2K4 is massive because they've maxed out on game content.

200GB IDE drives are now less than £100, so there's no excuse really. Even 80GB is under £40 these days, which is a great amount of space for the price of a game.

Buy a new hard drive you moaning tart.

You'd rather Epic didn't include 100+ maps? MGS is massive because it's poorly ported arse. UT2K4 is massive because they've maxed out on game content.

200GB IDE drives are now less than £100, so there's no excuse really. Even 80GB is under £40 these days, which is a great amount of space for the price of a game.

I've got around 500GB of various HD space (used for video editing so i need to keep a lot free) thank you very much but this is taking the piss.

Roll on Longhorn and playing games from the disc.

You have 500GB of free space, but you won't give up just 6 of those to play the best-value game this century?

Why would anyone do that?

I have the space but as i said i need a lot of it free.

I'm not going to support a game which thinks large installs are fun. If Epic get away with it then everyone else will follow.

Shame as the demo was bloody ace.

I'm not going to support a game which thinks large installs are fun. If Epic get away with it then everyone else will follow.

I'm pretty sure Epic don't think its acceptable to have ridiculous HD requirements, but I reckon they do think its acceptable to have loads of game content bearing in mind this has all the content from UT2003.

giggle.gif

Its already been stated that the game has 100+ maps. Hence the large Harddrive need...maybe.

Yeah, fair enough if you're talking about a big install for the sake of it, but this thing has something like 120 maps.

You're basically penalising Epic for having the balls to bundle £70 worth of expansion packs for free out of the box and imploring them to take the route of more cynical publishers who'll charge you the same money for a paltry 20 maps or less.

What's GAME's policy on returning PC games? I have it on order from amazon, but it's not shipping till the 20th.

you can't trade them in but can take them back. for new pc games you can always use the excuse that your pc isn't powerful enough to run it.

well all right then i'm swayed to see your points of view. I don't think i'd play it enough to justify that kind of install though, i can't even say i'll wait for the xbox version as Unreal just doesn't feel right on it.

Ya-Ta!