IGNORED

Top Spin - Rllmuk Season

porko

Hi,

Is anyone still playing this game? TBH, this is my most played Live game to date; sans lag it is up there with virtua tennis (the pinacle of sports games). Is anyone else still playing on live? I haven't come across any of my RLLMUK friends on there lately. Is anyone up for another tourney? Maybe this time I won't get knocked out in the first round by Boutros, who is very good by the way

Yeah, I still play this now and again. Feel free to add me to your friends list (gamertag: Arnie74).

I'd be up for another tournament, or how do people feel about a season? At least with a season people get to play a few games rather than just the one if they get knocked out in the first round.

I'm still playing this game once-a-weekish...

I've decided to master risk- and dropshots, since my progress has come a halt playing the game "pure".

I still haven't scored all of the skills, since I can't be bothered to go through the entire single-player mode.

Is it me, or has the average level of the players increased dramatically? Maybe it's just me getting worse though...

I'm up for a season/tourney.

Add me to your list (Mr Wolfe) and we'll ha ve a quick match.

i'd love to join in. i just picked up this game, and while i love it, i've got a 1 from 4 record online. and i only "won" that one because the other guy lost their connection just before they were about to win. hopefully you guys will be a bit more gentle on me than my harsh experiences so far. but then again maybe not. season sounds good for me, for obvious reasons ...

i'd love to join in. i just picked up this game, and while i love it, i've got a 1 from 4 record online. and i only "won" that one because the other guy lost their connection just before they were about to win. hopefully you guys will be a bit more gentle on me than my harsh experiences so far. but then again maybe not. season sounds good for me, for obvious reasons ...

1) max out your player in SP mode

2) play 3000 online matches

3) enter a tourney/season

If not done in that exact order, you'll be slashing your wrists within a couple of days....

I have always found that due to the nature of the online mode, it is hard to get a game going with anyone from your friends list; its typically the case that one of you will be in the middle of a match at any given point and its a good 10-15 minutes of looking at the lobby screen before the other player finishes their match and can join.

The tournament structure suits things better, as its simply a matter of being able to decide a time to meet up for the match and there is a lot less of waiting around. So, how about it, how many people are up for another tourney? Or perhaps, as arnie suggested, a season?

I have always found that due to the nature of the online mode, it is hard to get a game going with anyone from your friends list; its typically the case that one of you will be in the middle of a match at any given point and its a good 10-15 minutes of looking at the lobby screen before the other player finishes their match and can join.

True, you always get the timing slightly off so you send an invite, wait for a bit, decide to play a game against someone else, only to get an invite sent to you 2 minutes into the first game.

How do people feel about a season? The way they work is you set it up so that you have a month or whatever to get your regular season games played before moving on to the knockout stages. You play everyone twice in the regular season and you don't have to play the games in any particular order.

A season would mean that people get to play a good few games rather than running the risk of only playing once if they get knocked out in the first round of a tournament. You also get the chance for sweet revenge against anyone who beats you without having to wait for the next tournament.

I'm happy to set this up, if it's what people want to do, or I can just set up a regular tournament.

By the way, can someone instruct me on how to play that kickserve that is so difficult to return?

Appreciated.

There's no secret; it's just a Top Spin serve. You'll find decent players will whack it past you unless you get it really wide (and even then, if they're really good).

Ok, the season's set up and invites sent out to:

Porko

Mr Wolfe

Legendary 10

madkiwi

UK MinerWilly

Beertiger

Ben Isaacs

Yordas Saviour

Soong

There are still 6 slots free if anyone knows anyone else who wants in.

You've been invited to join an TOP SPIN competition

Arnie74 has invited you to join an TOP SPIN competition at http://www.XSNsports.com If you'd like to participate, you'll need the following:

1. An XBOX

2. An XBOX LIVE membership

3. TOP SPIN

You can join Arnie74's competition by clicking on the following link: http://www.XSNsports.com/TopSpin/JoinGroup/?tgid=3872

Password: 2912133

wow just looking at the dates this looks hardcore. had no idea what a season consisted of until now. still up for it though.

Venue: The Oceania Tennis Championship

Regular Season Begins: 3/25/2004 12:00 AM PST

Regular Season Deadline: 4/30/2004 11:59 PM PST

Playoffs Begin: 5/1/2004 12:00 AM PST

Playoff Round One Deadline: 5/7/2004 11:59 PM PST

Playoff Round Two Deadline: 5/14/2004 11:59 PM PST

Championship Game Deadline: 5/21/2004 11:59 PM PST

Ok, the season's set up and invites sent out to:

Porko

Mr Wolfe

Legendary 10

madkiwi

UK MinerWilly

Beertiger

Ben Isaacs

Yordas Saviour

Soong

There are still 6 slots free if anyone knows anyone else who wants in.

You've been invited to join an TOP SPIN competition

Arnie74 has invited you to join an TOP SPIN competition at http://www.XSNsports.com If you'd like to participate, you'll need the following:

1. An XBOX

2. An XBOX LIVE membership

3. TOP SPIN

You can join Arnie74's competition by clicking on the following link: http://www.XSNsports.com/TopSpin/JoinGroup/?tgid=3872

Password: 2912133

Yes please.

But I'll lose <_<

Joined.

You might wanna change the title of the thread so people see we're organising it.

Done.

So how does the season format actually work? Do you play everyone once and then the best players go through? Are all the matches played at the same venue?

Done.

So how does the season format actually work? Do you play everyone once and then the best players go through? Are all the matches played at the same venue?

that's right Porko...

So this time you'll be playing more than 1 match !! <_<

I'm in too.

I've ordered a new Live pack as my annual subscription ends around the 29th March. Am I right in thinking I can enter the code on the new pack and continue using my existing gamertag?

That's what I've done*. There are instructions on the subs card in the pack.

* My existing sub runs out on the 24th, so I'll know for sure then, but it seems to have updated accordingly in my Live settings, so I reckon it's fine.

that's right Porko...

So this time you'll be playing more than 1 match !!  <_<

Man, you crack me up.

I'll have you know I'm now in top 500 after much practice and count myself as a dark horse in this tourney. Can I play you first? :D

Man, you crack me up.

I'll have you know I'm now in top 500 after much practice and count myself as a dark horse in this tourney. Can I play you first? <_<

Boutros might be a tougher proposition since he sold his soul to the devil in exchange for the knowledge of how to use risk shots & drop shots.