A Lovely Psone Thing Happened Today

gozaimas

pah!

guardian heroes (MINT!!!111) in thrift store for under $3, ebayed for much more immediately afterwards :)

If you want to play top trumps you'll have to come up with a better card than that...

A conservative estimate on two suikoden's is £50 each based on ebay today (there is curently one going for more than that). Times two makes £100 at least minus £10 makes £90 profit.

I doubt very much that you sold your Guardian Heroes for £93...great game though it obviously is.

explain! <_<

Do a google search as that will explain it better, but basically as the laser reads the pal disc, you swap it for the ntsc one, it reads the code, then swap back for the pal where it reads the security code, then back for the ntsc disc where it just carries on and plays the game. Its the same method to book pirate games on a Psone.

I doubt very much that you sold your Guardian Heroes for £93...great game though it obviously is.

but thats 2 games... i sold it for £60 , bought for £1.50

whatever.. are you gonna sell your other copy?

Just got back from the states with a few nice ps1 items...

Lunar Silver Star Complete - £20

Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete in new condition (parts still sealed) - £20

Arc the Lad Complete box set (New and sealed) - £40

Chrono Cross - £9 (x3)

Final Fantasy Chronicles (original) - £20

Legend of Mana - £10

Can't wait to start going through them.

Rich

I still don't believe you got chrono cross for £9.I sold mine ages ago and have been desperatly trying to find a cheap copy.I think £30 is the cheapest i've seen.

It's around 15 dollars in the states which is about £9 after tax.

It's a piece of piss to pick up cheap PSone Rpg's in the Us, I blew a fair amount of cash picking them and really late era N64 stuff when over there in June last year. Star Ocean was I believe 15 notes for me, with the current exchane rate it'd be even less.

• 4 weeks later...

just an update for those interested in this little gambit.

The first of these sold on ebay today for a very very high final price: Its the first time I've bothered to write up a proper item description but it definitely pays off.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...MESSO%3AIT&rd=1

I'll probably keep the second one for myself now.

Then again...

just an update for those interested in this little gambit.

The first of these sold on ebay today for a very very high final price: Its the first time I've bothered to write up a proper item description but it definitely pays off.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...MESSO%3AIT&rd=1

I'll probably keep the second one for myself now.

Then again...

Wow, that's 1,519% profit you've just made!

I sold a copy of the B&W Neo Geo Pocket KoF game on eBay a while ago. Cost me £7.50, sold for over £50. Crazy.

Bahhh!

I've been looking out for a cheap Suikoden for AGES. (I keep finding Suikoden 2 cheap...)

I got it for 3.99 in a local theft convertor (no manual) and passed it on for something in the region of 40-50 about 6 months later. (I don't wanna play it until i've played the 1st one again) About 2 months later I was offered a boxed chipped playstation with mint original Vandal Hearts, Suikoden 2, FF 8 & 9, Vagrent Story a 2 memory cards, a PSone dual shock & some crappy 3rd party pad, and about 8 other games (cant remember them, guilkty gear x?, a wrestling game... there was some crap here too...) for 25 quid...

Chris

Before I knew that games could increase in value I had Xenogears on PSX as well as Brave Fencer Musashiden, Einhander and Suikoden II.

Sold them all for a ridiculously low price when the DC arrived, oh how I wish I had waited, as my friend used to regularly rub it in that I HAD Xenogears, I rather liked it.