rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Hello Goaty ♥

Hey! Here Comes The B52's - 2019 tour version

070212b52s07.jpg

Massive Massive band, and you know it.

Not THAT many UK fans though when compared to the USA.

It's the one bloody band I've never go to see live as well! :unsure:

I hope they make it back over here before they are old enough to draw their pensions...

Agree it's one of the bands I dearly would have loved to have seen, particularly with their original guitarist.

Dance this Mess Around ... what a fucking tune.

Summer of Love's on my PGR2 soundtrack. It rules.

I hope they make it back over here before they are old enough to draw their pensions :)
and here's all the UK dates for July: dates

Too close to call. Kate's got her bus pass but I think the rest of them are safe for a couple more years.

Edit: I thought the first album was ace, btw. The one with Love Shack and Roam on it less so. By that point they'd lost a bit of the punky new wavyness and just substituted it with shrieks and yelps. Is the new one worth a listen?

linkster said:
Carling Academy in Brum, that'll do nicely ;) Well done Goaty

Cunts better not cancel again

Theres a few dates before they get to the Uk, thats for sure! :)

saying that, I'm going to see them In Paris & Amsterdam, as i'm in europe while they are! :P

got tickets for those shows already 

I went to see these last night at the Roundhouse. Thought they were great. They did seem to tire towards the end of the set (reflected by a short and rather lacklustre version of Rock Lobster) but overall it was a superb show.

It was one of those typical London gigs where everyone was trying to maintain their composure and look cool, but things started to kick off a few songs in. The new tracks off of Funplex (which is awesome by the way) seemed to go down really well, they played about 8 of the new songs. Love Shack, Private Idaho and Roam sounded great too. The group finished the main set with Love Shack, then came back for a encore with Channel Z and Rock Lobster, this is when most people started to leave (including myself), however the band came back out and played Planet Claire which was a nice (and genuine) surprise.

I want to see them again now, just hope they come back soon.

• Upvote 1

That sounds like exactly the same set. There was some serious noise and appreciation for them in Brum which was massively deserved, it really was a brilliant live gig, was grinning the whole time. Gutted it's probably the only time I'll ever see them.

n642531285_1089653_6272.jpg

> Thread resurrection > 

Hey!  forgot this thread was here totally :o

The B-52's have just finished a few UK dates this month - I wonder if anyone here @linkster ?? went to the shows

Really good and sadly billed as " Farewell Europe " tour :( 

Here we go, I went to Nottingham and Manchester this week!   They've got to the stage where its " fuck it we are old " now, and the shows are far more relaxed and funny :)  still rocking with their usual backing band though \m/ - Sterling & Tracy are ace on Drums / Bass.

Apparently theres a Biography Book and Documentary well in progress.  A new or last album would be most welcome too.