IGNORED

Forbidden Siren

Andy_Tanner

Jesus there some negativity in this thread.

Are we not allowed to be negative about a game we have played and not liked? Or do we have to praise everything? I think the negativity has been entirely justified in most instances.

And PeteJ, don't feel bad or let down. I've been following your thread on NTSC-UK and was really looking forward to this.

But maybe I am approaching it in the wrong way. I don't know.

What do you expect?

There's never been a game everybody likes.

I think the faults are pretty valid, but like I said I will play it as at least think the concept is good.

to be accurate nobody has mentioned any faults, unless "it's not scary" is counted, which it isn't it's just an opinion.

Andy, what's the big deal if nobody else likes it?

And please, stop fighting against me!

For about the 5th time, I'm going to play it, and hopefully enjoy it.

It's not perfect though. IN MY OPINION, before you say that it is.

For me the camera has to be perfect or the whole game is ruiiiiiiiiined. A frustrating time with a camera, even if it's just for a few seconds, will really piss me off.

I guess that's why I like FPS games so much. They have no problems with the two biggest failings of all games - control and camera.

I don't think the PS2 controller helped when it came to the camera in this game, but the main thing that annoyed me was what happened to the camera when you aimed. Argh...

If the menu wasn't so slow it wouldn't of been that bad but considering how this game is meant to be, pulling you out of the action and facing you with that menu really disengages you from the game. Especially when you need to use it 5 times in 10 seconds, like when you get in the car.

I think it's the fact that most complaints appear to be about what it isn't rather than what it is.

I'm not accusing anyone in particular of that, its just that the majority of complaints I have seen are from people expecting something like RE or Silent Hill.

I think its awful...poor graphics, no real scares, trial and error frustrating gameplay, and a constantly broken up narrative are all the ingredients of a mediocre game IMO.

I'm really disappointed actually, as I wanted this game to be excellent, so badly.

I enjoyed REMake much more than this...heck I enjoyed Clock Tower 3 more than Siren.

Looks like Project Zero is still the king of horror.

Andy, what's the big deal if nobody else likes it?

And please, stop fighting against me!

For about the 5th time, I'm going to play it, and hopefully enjoy it.

It's not perfect though. IN MY OPINION, before you say that it is.

fighting against you? it's called have a debate, i didn't volunteer you and you can leave at any time. how can you form a proper assessment anyway if you haven't played it beyond the first five minutes. oh, and that's just MY opinion.

fighting against you? it's called have a debate, i didn't volunteer you and you can leave at any time. how can you form a proper assessment anyway if you haven't played it beyond the first five minutes. oh, and that's just MY opinion.

You're doing it again!

For me the camera has to be perfect or the whole game is ruiiiiiiiiined. A frustrating time with a camera, even if it's just for a few seconds, will really piss me off.

I guess that's why I like FPS games so much. They have no problems with the two biggest failings of all games - control and camera.

I don't think the PS2 controller helped when it came to the camera in this game, but the main thing that annoyed me was what happened to the camera when you aimed. Argh...

If the menu wasn't so slow it wouldn't of been that bad but considering how this game is meant to be, pulling you out of the action and facing you with that menu really disengages you from the game. Especially when you need to use it 5 times in 10 seconds, like when you get in the car.

i've had no problems with the camera whatsoever but sight jacking pretty much removes any potential problems anyway.

what are you on about?

About 3 posts ago you were saying I'd only played it for 5 minutes, when I've said I've played for an hour.

So, I'm telling you, yet again, I've played further than the first scene.

Then, I said, that you are arguing with me about it, when I keep saying I want to paly it, and I'll probably enjoy it.

I just don't think it's some kind of gaming masterpiece.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Maybe you should sight jack into my mind so you can see my screen, you must be seeing different words to what I'm typing.

i've had no problems with the camera whatsoever but sight jacking pretty much removes any potential problems anyway.

OK that's nice but for me the camera was an annoyance.

I found Sight Jacking was also a tad annoying and contributed more to the stop-start gameplay.

Add the combat to that and all in all I found myself playing a game that completely and utterly seemed to play towards everything I didn't like about a game.

Ooh, screw this.

About 3 posts ago you were syaing I'd only played it for 5 minutes, when I've said I've played for an hour.

So, I'm telling you, yet again, I've palyed further than the first scene.

Then, I said, that you are arguing with me about it, when I keep saying I want to paly it, and I'll probably enjoy it.

I just don't think it'ssome kind of gaming masterpiece.

Why is so hard to understand?

Maybe you should sight jack into my mind so you can see my screen, you must be seeing different words to what I'm typing.

in your head you seem to think i'm having this big argument with you. i'm really not. many comments i've made have been quite general and i've no idea why you're taking this so personally.

Because you keep quoting me?

But yeah, ok, whatever...

I'll play it, might like it more, maybe less.

No big deal.

you see that's the thing i'm confused about. when i said "you guys need to play it more" i was a) replying in the plural hence the word "guys" and B) i didn't quote you. relax, i won't be offended if you don't like it but if you post comments here then expect people to debate them with you. that's kind of the point.

Oh, here's another FUCKING annoying thing I found out last night, after thinking "Hey, maybe Mr Tanner is right, and I'm going about it the wrong way".

Restart points. What the FUCK?

Right, level with bloke and blind girl. There's a restart point after you whack open that iron gate. This takes all of 2 minutes.

Next level, old bloke with rifle. I pushed that sodding trolley, went a bit further, got the shit booted out of me on the way to this place (and getting this far took about half an hour), and I got thrown back to the start of quite a long level.

THAT, my friends, is bad game design.

Uh, that also happened to a large extent in other games, most notably Splinter Cell.

Right, I just made a bigger post, but the forum swallowed it, the cunt.

Right, shorter version: some level objectives being completed grant you restart points, others do not. This is bad design. The End.