Forbidden Siren

Andy_Tanner

a bit misleading cos i aint played it yet :unsure: but mine should be arriving today. Steven Poole called it "a masterpiece" in his recent Sunday Times review, so that coupled with the fact it's produced by the guy behind the original Silent Hill has got my pulse racing.

so come on scaredy cats, what's it like then?

I got it yesterday, only to find that my daughter had spilled orange juice on my only PS2-controller, making two buttons unusable, and also that the game refuses to be played with a Dual Shock 1-controller.

But I still played it for half an hour (without being able to go to first person mode or aim at enemies). Great way of telling a story, creepy mood, graphics filter reminded me of Manhunt.

I'm interested to hear what you all think of this, please keep the mini reviews and impressions coming as you play. I didn't realise it was out tomorrow and it looks right up my street, even the box art looks cool. Another one for the bloody to buy list by the look of it then and I've bought 7 games already this month. Pandora Tomorrow and Flashpoint are on pre-order too...

i reckon that everyone is so worried about the dub that it won't be as bad as we're expecting. hopefully if the rest of the game is as superb as we're led to believe then it won't be a massive put off. here's hoping.

Yeah, I'm sure it has plenty of other strengths that we can get all frothed up over and the voice acting won't be a deal breaker. I think I'm just going to grab it now from my indie. You bastards.

Bloody, bloody awful. I was interested in this game back when it was released in Japan, but then I heard that.

oh dear. the history of videogames is littered with bad dubbing, infact games not even dubbed generally suffer due to poor voice acting but this game has been mentioned more than any other recently.

i'm still hoping that it will win through on game play and atmosphere. surely it can't be that much worse than most other survival horror titles :unsure:

Even though the dubbing is awful, I still recommend picking the game up.

Siren is probably my number one horror game, though the Silent Hill games are close behind. Siren is easily the longest though, expect it to take about 30-odd hours :unsure:

There is a [really vague] rumour that Sony is planning a LE Director's Cut package in the future containing both English and Japanese dialogue after the negative reception the dubbing has received. But like I said, it's just a rumour at the moment.

They're such divs, when will they ever learn? I mean Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon did better sales wise in the original language over here as one example of many. And surely when they got what sounds like Blue Peter to dub it they must have thought how shit it was?

i've just a received confirmation that my copy is sitting at home waiting for me, so some impressions to follow this evening. i reckon we should try and steer debate away from the dubbing for now until we've played it a bit.

Yeah, get stuck into the game like the sick puppy that you are are and then come back and let us hear all about it. I've asked my girlfriend to grab me a copy on her way home from work so if it's still in stock I'll have a little rant too.