IGNORED

Propeller Arena for DC???

merge

either use Alcohol120% (link in a previous post) to burn the cdi direct, or use 'cdi to nero' to turn it into a nero iso and burn that (with nero).

I used alcohol at 16x and it works fine.

it's even a PAL version with 60htz mode so you don't have to patch it for full speed.

Whilst reading through all this I've seen mention of Beats Of Rage. Anyone played it? :)

It's not bad, worth a blank CD at least.

Uses the characters from one of the KOF games (I forget which) in a Streets of rage style beat em up.

Levels are a little bland but not bad for free!

So has anyone played it yet? whats it like.

seems alright, control isn't exactly fantastic (doesn't seem to be callibrated very well to the stick). Probably more fun in multiplayer mode. Don't see why they couldn't have just taken out the skyscraper map and released it, you're not blowing up buildings or anything.

I thought I'd try out ikaragu first with this whole burn a dc game thingee. It was an 18mb file which turned into a 773mb file when unzipped :)

That can't be right! I know they used GD Rom but still.

Just how big is propellar arena? Will it go on a 700mb CD-R cos I don't have DVD-r (and DC wouldn't read it anyway would it?)

alcohol burns stuff over 700megs to a normal cd fine, but I'm pretty sure it was smaller than that anyway (already deleted after burning)

Can't use alcohol as i used a demo about a year ago and it won't let me use another (no money to buy it)

So nero 5.5 is all I've got.

I'm still puzzled as to how 18mb can unzip to 773?!

why don't you try, it is rewritable after all, so there's nothing to lose

Good point. Still waiting for it to download at the minute. On 22% as we speak, estimated at another 7 hours. :)

22KB download rate

12KB upload rate

It's not bad, worth a blank CD at least.

Uses the characters from one of the KOF games (I forget which) in a Streets of rage style beat em up.

Levels are a little bland but not bad for free!

I couldn't find a link to download it?, don't suppose you know where I can look?

I'm still puzzled as to how 18mb can unzip to 773?!

It's probably got a "dummy file" in it, a file that's just made up of Zero's, it's pads the disc out so that the actual game data is pushed near the outer edge of the disc to improve the read speed of it in your DC.

Pete

It's a bugger though... I have that 18mb Ikaruga file and can't burn it. All my CD-R's are 700Mb. I bought an 800Mb disc to burn it and the software won't recognise the disc. ><

I 'd go legit but I know I'll only play the game for 30mins out of curiousity. :)

It's a bugger though... I have that 18mb Ikaruga file and can't burn it. All my CD-R's are 700Mb. I bought an 800Mb disc to burn it and the software won't recognise the disc. ><

I 'd go legit but I know I'll only play the game for 30mins out of curiousity. :)

as I said it'll burn fine with Alcohol, it's not really over 700megs of data

It's probably got a "dummy file" in it, a file that's just made up of Zero's, it's pads the disc out so that the actual game data is pushed near the outer edge of the disc to improve the read speed of it in your DC.

Pete

:) That's interesting.

I thought I'd try out ikaragu first with this whole burn a dc game thingee. It was an 18mb file which turned into a 773mb file when unzipped 

That can't be right! I know they used GD Rom but still.

Some one said its a dummy file. Thats exactly what it is, be glad that its been put on there for you as loading times will probably have been cut in half (it can make up to ten times speed difference) also the life of your dc's GDrom drive is increased by this. Also becuase it all zeros (the dummy file that is) when zipped up it takes up hardly any space.

The Ikaruga selfboot definitely does work, I've burned one myself (and yes, I actually do have it as a legitimate backup to my original copy).

All you have to do with these is download the trial version of Discjuggler 4, select 'Burn Image' and burn away. You don't have to alter any settings at all. The only thing about the trial version is that it will only burn at your CD burner's minimum rate, but even then it's only a few minutes for an entire CD. There is no problem burning it onto a 700MB CD, despite what the file size says.

Gah, I've just burned Ikaruga onto a CD-RW and it doesn't load. Looks like it has to be a CD-R, none of which I've got. No Propeller Arena for me tonight.

I can also confirm that the Ikaruga selfboot does indeed fit onto a disk perfectly.

Oh, one last thing, does anybody know of a good online store to get some decent CD-R's?

Downloaded, burned, loaded it up and my DC has decided that NOW is a good time to start resetting. Fuck. Can't be arsed taking it apart just now so it'll have to wait.

Looked interesting enough for the 5 minutes I managed to play it.

No, PA is generally pap... in a kinda good way, I suppose. Sense? Nah...

You know like Outtrigger, how the single player works on that? It's kinda like that a bit, quick dip in gameplay without any real meat to it. Typical SEGA arcade game, tbh. About as exciting as 18-Wheeler (which I liked for 10 minutes so stfu).

Just been playing this for five minutes, it really brought me back to the days of playing games like hydo thunder in some way. Except this game really does not seem that good at all thought I ll play for a bit longer to see for sure.

Its really odd, its completely finnished and polished (i think) theres even a 50/60hz option?!

Best quotes from annoying comentator:

"did you see the awesome power of the usa!"

"DANGER"

Argh!!!

Theres something about dreamcast graphics that all my other consoles dont have, there just so bright clean and crisp, this game does look nice.

Was this ever released in the arcade?

Gah, I've just burned Ikaruga onto a CD-RW and it doesn't load.  Looks like it has to be a CD-R, none of which I've got.  No Propeller Arena for me tonight.

I can also confirm that the Ikaruga selfboot does indeed fit onto a disk perfectly.

Oh, one last thing, does anybody know of a good online store to get some decent CD-R's?

info , how to load cd-rw in DC

http://www.angelfire.com/dc2/dccovers/cdrw/cdrw.html

Theres something about dreamcast graphics that all my other consoles dont have, there just so bright clean and crisp, this game does look nice.

yeah, even when there isn't that much detail or effects they still manage to look nice, I think it's the colour clarity, my Xbox and PS2 seem awfully murky in comparison <_<