IGNORED

Splinter Cell 2

alan cummings

Let me rephrase that then...

I'm hoping it's the former so that the Xbox version doesn't end up looking worse than the original game on account of the hardware not being taken full advantage of.

Oh, and, why? Was Splinter Cell shite on the Gamecube then?

:P

You have a good point there of course :P

Yes, SC was shite on the Gamecube, graphically at least, it looked worse than the PS2 version believe it or not.

edit: apparently the only release out at the moment is a beta, seems to work okay though.

Played a bit of system link of the multiplayer earlier, it's very tense, maybe even more so than Ghost Recon seige mode. With the right people it could be a contender for best Live game.

as for the single player, I've given up, it's just too unfair on the level I'm on, a single person sees you and you're fucked, and it seems like they can see through walls, unless x-ray specs are actually standard issue for Jerusalem security folks.

or maybe I just suck :rolleyes:

the above's a load of balls, I don't know if it's the game changing it's difficulty because I've failed so many times, or just me finally clicking with it (I've even gone back to the first one and already got further than I had before) , but I'm flying through it now, onto the last level, which has the best rain effects I've ever seen in a game.

fantastic stuff

I've a mate who's played through a downloaded version. He's a bit mental (occasionally) so dont put too much faith in these comments; but he found the single player rather short (about 2/3 the length of the first game). The graphics are really a bit special, apparantly though.

Anyone know what the differences *might* be between the beta and the full version?

Ubisoft, is proud to announce today [yesterday] that Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Pandora Tomorrow has reached gold master status for the PC, Xbox®, and Game Boy AdvanceTM and is expected to arrive on store shelves by March 26th for Xbox® & Game Boy AdvanceTM and April 1st, on PC. Developed by Ubisoft's Shanghai & Annecy studios, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Pandora Tomorrow tells the conspiracy-ridden story of black ops agent Sam Fisher as he explores the shadowy world of international espionage.

10... freakin'... days. Awoooga, awooooga!

Not heard this before but on GC this morning they said that the spies could shoot a sticky mic onto the mercenaries and hear everything they say.

That would be great if it turns out to be true :o

I wonder what other features there might be that havn't been mentioned B)

XBM gave it 9/10

Total Games Network gave it 97/100 (just single player)

However I take the XBM as dubious as it's the Official magazine and I take the second as made-up as they clearly just wanted the first review up on the 'net.

Still though, I don't thnk there's doubt that it could be anything but great.

At the mo im on the fourth mission in Single Player, and It really is that good.

The third mission was simply superb

Spoiler *Its set on a fast moving train, and involves you having to spy on a particular passenger. It has some wonderful moments, especially the finale that has you running full sprint across the roof of the train whilst being chased/shot at by a helicopter*

However I will say that if you didnt like the first one (for whatever reason) you wont get on with this either. Its still very linear and also bloody tough.

But personally I couldnt fault the original so im well happy :o

Another thing you can do in the multiplayer which i haven't read about yet is to fire a microphone onto someone in the opposite team and listen to their conversations.

The multiplayer is gonna be so good if we get a few players from this forum.

Not heard this before but on GC this morning they said that the spies could shoot a sticky mic onto the mercenaries and hear everything they say.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

Another thing you can do in the multiplayer which i haven't read about yet is to fire a microphone onto someone in the opposite team and listen to their conversations.

The multiplayer is gonna be so good if we get a few players from this forum.

:o

It's very very cool that a game is doing clever stuff with the LIVE headset already. It's this sort of innovation that could actually push things forward, especially in this genre.

Imagine if the LIVE headset was stereo and you could bug rooms and then tap the white button to listen in, in stereo to what was happening across the map.

And that's just a completely obvious one.

-J

Something else you could have in team games is one person being a radio operative back at the "base". His job is to check through frequencies and to find the freq the other team is using so he can hear what they're up to then he can relay this to his own team members. Of course he would be quite vulnerable so he would need protecting etc etc. That could be quite a laugh because both teams would have one and you would have to cycle through radio frequencies when playing to keep the enemy on their toes. Also you could also switch the radio off when you are near your team mates and speak to them and this sound would come out the tv speakers so the radio man couldn't hear this speach. Etc etc.

Apparently spies can get the mercs in a headlock, with a gun to their head - and then whisper threats to them through the mike!

I've already decided what my personal catchphrase will be... "ooh, youre going to get such a bumming" (said in a really camp voice obviously)

Anyone seen it any cheaper than amazon's 29.99?

Can I be a damp squib for a minute? I very quickly became disinterested in the original Splinter Cell (two or thee levels into the main game). Partly it was probably that the game seemed to take itself so seriously (whereas MGS2 had a real tongue in cheek sense of fun and self parody), partly I didn't like the way the game broke any sense of immersion if you went into an area you weren't supposed to and, to a lesser extent, the camera seemed arse about face.

Soooo SC2 doesn't really grab me at all.

Can I be a damp squib for a minute? I very quickly became disinterested in the original Splinter Cell (two or thee levels into the main game). Partly it was probably that the game seemed to take itself so seriously (whereas MGS2 had a real tongue in cheek sense of fun and self parody), partly I didn't like the way the game broke any sense of immersion if you went into an area you weren't supposed to and, to a lesser extent, the camera seemed arse about face.

Soooo SC2 doesn't really grab me at all.

Did you download the multiplayer vids though?

Spies! Guns! Nightvision!

Ok they're in single player too but um, it looks ace. In fact, I've bought xboxlive in anticipation.