Lost - The Full Series Thread

Goose

They are going to have to have a very, very clever reason for showing these flash sideways, for me to ever think they're worth half a show. Especially when the stuff on the Island is so interesting.

Really loving the whole Jacob/Hurley thing. 108 is blatantly Desmond.

Why would Claire be pissed at Kate for raising Aaron, when he's surely in better hands with her than at the temple? Also nice move there Jin 'Err...I was lying.'

She was being weird and unreasonable all episode so it was to be expected. I just don't understand why it took Jin that long to tell her about Aaron.

And Jack, if I was on the Island for all those years looking for an answer, I wouldn't stumble across a mystical mirror with potential answers to everything then smash it -facepalm-

I liked the little hint we got right at the start about Jack's appendix, it could shed some light into the alt-time theories.

A few more thoughts after rewatching it:

- So Jack has a son in the alt-timeline, called David. David is a musician. Could this relate to the musician who coded the numbers Charlie keyed in, inside the Looking Glass station?

- The mirror thing displays pictures, much the same as what we saw with the Eko/Smokey staring match a few seasons ago, so can we conclude the lighthouse is where Smokey got his pictures/information from?

- On the dial in the lighthouse, number 108 is someone called Wallace, and his name is crossed out.

- On the dial in the lighthouse, number 108 is someone called Wallace, and his name is crossed out.

I will be very, very shocked if that isn't just a case of a set dresser needing something to put down, and not having enough information. Jacob had to be referring to Desmond. Surely. The actor is still credited as a main cast member each episode.

Hell, he lives on a boat! He'll have no problem ending up back on the Island.

I will be very, very shocked if that isn't just a case of a set dresser needing something to put down, and not having enough information. Jacob had to be referring to Desmond. Surely. The actor is still credited as a main cast member each episode.

Hell, he lives on a boat! He'll have no problem ending up back on the Island.

My opinion is that 108 was chosen purely so that Jack would end up seeing his house in the mirror, and realise that they have been part of the plan all along. There was no instruction on Hurleys arm to 'Get Fire. Light lamp.'

Interesting that Sawyer also had the same experience (of discovering the numbers/names) the week before, albeit being shown directly rather than being led to it. Wonder how each of their reactions will compare.

Flocke now appears to have a route directly into the temple, thanks to Jin? No circle of ash stopping him with that route; carnage sure to ensue!

Spoiler time end!

Another meh Jack episode, no surprise there.

They've done the Jack ep and the Kate ep, so of the remaining 12 or so, one more crap episode (Sun and Jin) and the others will all be quality. If they stick to form.

There were a few cool bits thrown in, of course, like the lighthouse. And the fact we now know Claire is with smokey.

The "someone's coming" - Desmond?

Really annoys me how even the main Losties can't be straight with each other. Even Hurley, the voice of reason, felt he had to keep Jack somewhat in the dark about the mission, and didn't bother to give him straight answers.

Why can't he have just told Jacob, "look, I'll help you out... but please first just explain wtf is going on?"

But - we are used to this shit by now of course, so hey ho!

Flocke now appears to have a route directly into the temple, thanks to Jin? No circle of ash stopping him with that route; carnage sure to ensue!

Good point. Fits in perfectly with what Jacob said

Indeed. The number of minutes on the counter in the hatch. This was also the 108th episode of the show!

and it was the number of days the Oceanic 6 were on the island for, right?

Also, am I right that 'Austen' was on the lighthouse dial, number 51, still uncrossed?

I'm not sure it's relevant who was at 108, I was hoping it was going to be 'Hume', but as it was 'Wallace' I'm not sure it has any relevance. I'm sure it wouldn't just have had the wrong name due to a set designer mix-up.

Oh, and I think all the episodes have been great, filler schmiller. I'm enjoying the flash sideways too.

Held my breath with the appendix scar bit, thinking it was something leaking between realities, but after his mum reminded him I just think it was there to show us how far back the changes go (at least as far as when Jack was :omg:.

Interesting to see Temple Dude 'off island' in the other reality. I don't think we know when he arrived on the island in the main reality, but it may be something else that helps date when the island actually ended up underwater.

Claire's fake baby - totally not creepy.

So the cave was for keeping track of the names, perhaps once the lighthouse had served its purpose. The lighthouse appears to have been used to follow the goings on of everyone who would end up on the island.

Someone bad is going to the temple - someone else is coming to the island. My money is on Desmond, who would allow Jacob to perhaps manipulate time and perhaps put him back in the winning seat.

Jacob doesn't seem that great a guy to be honest, he seems a bit of a tit. Especially in that the people at the temple appear to have been following this cat for a long time yet he doesn't really seem that fussed to let them all perish, one assumes. He knew Jin, Kate & Sawyer would do a runner at some point, so he needed to get Jack & Hurley out of there - in order to avoid what's coming. One also assumes that Sayid no longer counts considering he's infected.

Claire seems to be the re-incarnation of Rousseau, right down to the wackiness. Interesting that Claire featured in Jack's story in both time lines. Everything else could be different - Jack having a son, Jack not/no longer drinking - but Claire being some way involved (almost certainly in the same capacity i.e as Jack's half sister) is an interesting turn of events.

Claire seems to be the re-incarnation of Rousseau, right down to the wackiness. Interesting that Claire featured in Jack's story in both time lines. Everything else could be different - Jack having a son, Jack not/no longer drinking - but Claire being some way involved (almost certainly in the same capacity i.e as Jack's half sister) is an interesting turn of events.

It would be rather shit if Claire wasn't Jack's half sister. I can accept some crazy whacky things happening, but an identical person existing in a different timeline with different DNA, I just couldn't swallow that one.

Held my breath with the appendix scar bit, thinking it was something leaking between realities, but after his mum reminded him I just think it was there to show us how far back the changes go (at least as far as when Jack was :omg:.

Interesting to see Temple Dude 'off island' in the other reality. I don't think we know when he arrived on the island in the main reality, but it may be something else that helps date when the island actually ended up underwater.

These two things you've said, the second doesn't make any sense given the first.

If Jack's life can have so many differences in it, going back many years, surely the Japanese guy's life can be different also; maybe he doesn't go to the island.

Same with Ben being a teacher, maybe he never went to the island either.

Also, I'm pretty certain the alternate timeline is going to be revealed to be something else entirely to what we think it is, possibly on the same scale as when Kate met Jack in that first flash forward.

Also, I'm pretty certain the alternate timeline is going to be revealed to be something else entirely to what we think it is, possibly on the same scale as when Kate met Jack in that first flash forward.

Yeah but then you'd think someone would figure it out. Though I remember not even imagining the idea of a fast forward before the end of S3. Then couldn't believed I hadn't even thought of the idea.

These two things you've said, the second doesn't make any sense given the first.

If Jack's life can have so many differences in it, going back many years, surely the Japanese guy's life can be different also; maybe he doesn't go to the island.

Same with Ben being a teacher, maybe he never went to the island either.

But Ben did go to the Island..he was on it back in the 70s when the bomb went off...I guess the Dogan was too...

But Ben did go to the Island..he was on it back in the 70s when the bomb went off...I guess the Dogan was too...

But it's a different timeline. We don't know if there was a split caused by the bomb or if it goes even further than that and none of them have ever been there.

How old is Jack? I'm sure he'd have been no older than 8 in 1977, or whenever it was when the bomb went off.

If the alternate time line wasn't in some way a consequence of the bomb, I'll be entering the term "baked hat recipe" into Google.

I'll also be a bit disappointed if Julliet's post dying words "it did work" didn't actually mean anything, and if the bomb was inconsequential, and didn't achieve it's goal of meaning the Losties never ended up on the island.

But it's a different timeline. We don't know if there was a split caused by the bomb or if it goes even further than that and none of them have ever been there.

We were given some clues though, as the Dharma camp and the foot were there on the sunken island (and possibly the Dharma shark from the Hydra).