rllmuk
Goose

Lost - The Full Series Thread

Anyway, my only problem with the show so far is that no matter how much I like Jack - he's just too perfect and everyone loves him!

He clearly isn't perfect though. There is obviously more of his back story to be revealed than just the fact that his dad was a drunk.

Good episode. It's starting to pick up some momentum now. And it's getting more exciting. Still wondering if there are already islanders amoungst the crowd. I guess with every flashback you can cross another character off the list...

Good episode. It's starting to pick up some momentum now. And it's getting more exciting. Still wondering if there are already islanders amoungst the crowd. I guess with every flashback you can cross another character off the list...

Major Spoiler for Upcoming Ep regarding this issue

Click For Spoiler
Apparently, another survivor will turn up, his name is Ethan, perhaps with devastating news of another part of the island. In a later episode, Hurley the big guy, will find a passenger manifest and Ethan's name will not be on it. Apparently.

Another interesting episode but with even less island-based story, which is starting to get a bit annoying. They could really do with an all island based episode.

I thought Sawyer's story was interesting and again made a seemingly 2D character into a more rounded one. But no more slow-mo musical endings please.

Next week episode looks very interesting... (download the 30 sec trailer at lost-media.com)

Click For Spoiler
Sawyer becoming what he despised was an interesting twist. Locke is apparently neither good or evil and that fact that he shares a surname with the philospher John Locke is no coincidence.

The torture, for an 8pm show in the US, was pretty hardcore.

I'm still having doubts about Jack being such a good guy. Kate is still a mystery and Charley seems have had the fastet rehab period ever :)

Hey there.

I'm still enjoying the show. And I thought that this was an interesting episode. I wasnt expecting the torture.

I think they set up and wrapped up Sawyer's story a little too quickly.

I dunno. I'm liking the show... I just have to come to terms with the fact that the show isnt going to be what I expected it to be.

Despin out.

I really like the way it's all developing. I didn't really like the whole Saywer twist, though. Didn't seem to fit and was all over and done with way too quickly.

I think I agree with Despin with the fact that this is nothing like what I wanted it to be. But it's great in its own way and although I dislike the flashback nature, it's done with reasonable effect and gives scope for more interesting twists and stories.

The way they're all dividing and turning against eachother is excellent. Lord of the Flies style. It's all about trust, now. Looking forward to the next episode.

I think it's gotten a little bit too much into routine now. While it is all still very well produced it's almost getting a "Monster of the Week" feel to it, albeit with flashbacks. An episode following Sayid round the island on his trek would go down very well at this point I think. He doesn't need Flashbacks I feel, they've done a good enough job of setting the character up as it is.

I think it's gotten a little bit too much into routine now. While it is all still very well produced it's almost getting a "Monster of the Week" feel to it, albeit with flashbacks. An episode following Sayid round the island on his trek would go down very well at this point I think. He doesn't need Flashbacks I feel, they've done a good enough job of setting the character up as it is.

Click For Spoiler
Then I'm afraid you'll be disappointed as next's week episode is Sayid, flashbacks and all.

Well, I've finally caught up with this. It's really, really dull, isn't it? At first the mystery and excitement and fear and danger outweighed the sometimes "Sunset Beach" acting and dialogue, but the dull back stories leach all pace and dynamism out of the main plotline. If they were genuinely interesting one-off stories, that would be fair enough, but they are hackwork US TV at its worst.

And now even the 16 year old distress signal seems a bit dull. The more I find out about the charcaters, the less I like them, and there are fewer opportunities for excitement and adventure and really wild things to emerge from their secret past. As it's JJ Abrams, I still hope it can come good. The situation is still genuinely mysterious, but the thrill is gone. Here's hoping for some really exciting twists and turns that get it back on track.

Current favourite theory: well, it seems like they've all sinned in their former lives, doesn't it? Regaining your ability to walk and seeing things thet can't be there is all stuff that almost certainly can't happen in the real world. We're not in Kansas any more, that's for sure.

But the back stories are so well done, I can forgive the lack of proper development.

I must admit though, I am getting a little annoyed with the lack of overall progress.

Anyway, I can't remember if i've watched epsidoe 9 or not yet.

The last one had the cave in, I think...

:(

As it's JJ Abrams, I still hope it can come good.

I don't rate him in the slightest, so I was never really expecting that much. All I wanted was a filler until 24 comes in January. It's doing okay so far. Dislike the develoment, though.

I don't rate him in the slightest, so I was never really expecting that much. All I wanted was a filler until 24 comes in January. It's doing okay so far. Dislike the develoment, though.

If you even like Lost a little bit, I'm surprised you don't really like Alias, unless you only watched the first few episodes.

If you even like Lost a little bit, I'm surprised you don't really like Alias, unless you only watched the first few episodes.

When the torture started, I expected Sayid to whip out a bottle of (e?)poxy resin.

Well I watched the first... about 8 episodes. Disliked them, but wanted to see if it got going. Which it kinda did storywise, but wasn't my cuppa I guess. I liked Reguarding Henry if that counts. Not sure what he had to do with it, though.

Well I watched the first... about 8 episodes. Disliked them, but wanted to see if it got going. Which it kinda did storywise, but wasn't my cuppa I guess. I liked Reguarding Henry if that counts. Not sure what he had to do with it, though.

He wrote it, he also wrote Forever Young and Joy Ride and Armagedon, amongst others.

Which I find quite strange... I really enjoyed Road Kill htough.

Forever Young and Armageddon? And now Lost? Alias was clearly a fluke.

Nah, I reckon he proved himself with Feleicity (which whether your thing or not was pretty big) and then had the power to do his own thing, he'd been planning for ages.

I think! Oh, I dunno.

Maybe he was just saving his best talents for it. :(

Anyway, wonder what he does with MI:3 next year...

Oh, and i'm really enjoying Lost. It's slow yeah, but I like what they're doing.

The main common thread that seems to be running through that career history is that they all feature great big ladles of over-sentimental glop spread liberally over everything in a way that seems completely false to me. E.g. Liv Tyler's big crying scene on the TV monitors in Armageddon.

I'm just trying to make Laine cry. It's like when you find out SPOILER is really a bad SPOILER at the end of Alias. Graham_S hates JJ Abrams all along!

Alias jingle.

*fade to black*

I always knew you weren't quite right!

I admire your talent for decpetion Graham.

Now die!

Fade to black

Wakka wakka wakka

The main common thread that seems to be running through that career history is that they all feature great big ladles of over-sentimental glop spread liberally over everything in a way that seems completely false to me. E.g. Liv Tyler's big crying scene on the TV monitors in Armageddon.

Very true, the worst thing about season one is it is very sentimental in parts. 2 had just about the right balance I think, and well, in 3 I think most of Syd's tears are pretty much justified!