rllmuk
Goose

Lost - The Full Series Thread

http://torrent.youceff.com/download.php?fi...34&cat=&subref=

For those that don't have it yet.

Didn't think anyone else had seen this, glad I did a search. The first episode is great. Well cast. Good acting. At first seems a bit of a cliched plot. Y'know the Lord of the Flies type things. But by the end of part 2, it could go anywhere. Hope it doesn't get too far fetched, but I'm definitely interested. It's no 24, but it'll do in the wait until Season 4 in January.

Roll on the next episodes....anyone know when they are on?

The pilot doesn't actually air until September 22nd. I've no idea why it's already on the net.

Anyway, from then it's on every week. Part 2 of the pilot on the 29th and then the episode we're waiting for with be October 6th. A month of waiting then. Bah.

The first episode is available for download (in HDTV this time) and, not sure if this is good or bad news, Channel 4 have the UK rights to it.

I posted on the C4 forum about it. I said don',t ruin it like you did Alias!, :P

I',m annoyed the pilot is on in 2 parts, so 2 more weeks until a new episode.

Thanks for bumping this, I was going to do it.

It's out there folks. Haven't seen it yet but it weighs in at about 358meg. Will post thoughts on it later.

EDIT -

Just finished watching it. Without spoilers - it is strictly a character driven episode and the general feel of the show differs to less of a Islands of Mystery to Island of Charater Development. That's not a bad thing, it left me wanting to know more, but as this was character development the island's 'inhabitants' certainly took a distant second.

Click For Spoiler

After the countless revelations of the extended pilot, anyone expecting more of the same will be sorely disappointed. This episode could easily be called Kate's Story as the show concentrates on Kate, the tough cookie girl who we found out was a criminal at the end of the 2nd episode.

The final shot though is accompanied by creepy music as the camera pans round to see the crazy guys face in a grimace. (?)

Personal Thoughts - After the crash, bang, boom of the pilot the brakes are firmly applied to allow for character development. Get us caring about them. This kind of jarred me because it was all balls to the wall in the pilot but I guess if you don't know if there's going to be more episodes you'll throw everything at it. But the problem was that if you hadn't seen the pilot show you really would think was like some sort of Gilligan's Island 2004.

Two other points - no mention at all is made of the polar bear that was shot in the pilot. The second point is the weather. I felt a lot was being made that it was bright sunshine then suddenly it rain terribly, only to stop dead in about 2 seconds. Could be nothing, could be something.

One interesting titbit dropped in an interview AICN ran with the writer - When asked if we'll meet other people who were already on the island, he answered "who says we haven't already?"

BUT - you still want to know what happens next :(

Click For Spoiler
(Mr Lock he is named in this ep) secret is not revealed

Click For Spoiler
Yes it is. The secret was that "America happened to him".

Click For Spoiler
The final shot though is accompanied by creepy music as the camera pans round to see the crazy guys face in a grimace.

Click For Spoiler
Yeah, that was really spooky. Brilliant change of atmosphere when the camera pans around him

Anyway. I don't really understand why you decided to summarise the programme, but your thoughts afterwards were pretty spot on. The episode was predictably the 'drop-back' episode. Where they slow the pace down, and try to develop everything. Which is fair enough.

You said the bears from the pilot weren't mentioned. Whilst nobody specifically sat down and discussed them, there were moments where it arose from time to time.

Typically, we're getting more questions than answers at the moment. But it's setting the scene for something a bit special. I think so far it has a lot going for it. And fingers crossed, the twists which are obviously coming will be interesting.

My prediction:

Click For Spoiler
The man with the scar on his face wasn't actually on the plane. He seems too calm and mysterious. I think he might be an islander. The way the final shot closed on him definitely suggests he's going to play an evil role.

Other than that, everything's really open for anything to happen. Great scripting so far.

Hey there,

It was a bit of a let down to be honest. I don't think the story has moved on at all from the Pilot. It gave a few details about a few characters and little else...

It's episodes like this that make me wish it was a movie. I just want them to get on with the plot. I could handle an episode like this if I had the entire show ready to be watches don dvd or something... But when you have to wait a week for the next show this kind of episode just wont do.

Despin out.

Decided to edit the first post as it really didn't make a lot of sense to summarise the entire episode :ph34r: I actually wrote that for a mailing list and just cut and pasted it here.

I'm assuming there will be another episode tomorrow night but not sure to be honest. If there is I'll post the thread here. Seeing how the show hasn't long been given the go ahead for at least more episodes (by which I mean that they've at least made a 3rd episode rather than having the show axed after the pilot), I'm not sure how many they already have in the bag.

Rin, I agree with your prediction regarding that guy.

I'm assuming there will be another episode tomorrow night but not sure to be honest.

According to TV Tome:

Season 1

1. 22-Sep-2004  Pilot (1)

2. 29-Sep-2004  Pilot (2)

3. 06-Oct-2004  Tabula Rasa

4. 13-Oct-2004  Walkabout

5. 20-Oct-2004  White Rabbit

6. 27-Oct-2004  House of the Rising Sun

7. 03-Nov-2004  The Moth

8. 10-Nov-2004  Confidence Man

9. 17-Nov-2004  Solitary

10. 15-Dec-2004 Raised by Another

Another 5 star review from AICN. Available now in the usual places, in the Xvid format weighing in at about 347Meg.

Click For Spoiler
This weeks episode appears to concentrate on the mysterious Mr Locke

I thought this was a great episode, it appears that Lost is settling into the "telling one person's story with flashbacks" thing though.

Click For Spoiler
I though the end sequence with Locke where its revealed what his miracle was really great, but I couldn't help but have a voice in my head telling me it was unrealistic. Scratch that, it was the wife who was saying it! How does one go from being in a wheelchair to hunting wild boar. I can accept that something in the crash cured his paralysis, but to go from not having walked for god knows how long, to dragging dead 150 pound boars through the jungle would be a little difficult given that his leg muscles would have atrophied through lack of use.

Still suspension of disbelief and everything :blink:

Great episode and certainly left me wanting to know much more...

Click For Spoiler
I think Locke was a survival nut and he knew how to do all these things and I think he loved people looking up to him, but I have to agree with you, his legs would be useless for a good while, not just four days.

Tonnes of questions, main one being - What the hell is the G-man from Half Life doing turning up?! We noticed the guy who Jack is seeing had a new suit on but also had bright white shoes.

We also think that Jack has a big secret that is yet to be revealed, perhaps a disgraced doctor or something. Did Jack see the guy?

What did Rose mean about the other people? Was that just a coping mechanism on her part?

What's got me a little concerned is that all the things that intrigued us about certain characters is being quickly revealed and to some extent, dismissed. Last week Kate could have been some serial killing psycho but now she's got a new start it seems like it's been dealt with. Same with Locke - Last week we suspected he was on the island all along and was a killer perhaps and now we know he's a guy who had a miracle and was really quite a sad figure.

But hell, I'm still well hooked. I just want to know whether Locke killed the boar or whether whatever the hell it was in the forest killed the boar?!

Who the hell is that guy in the suit?

I enjoyed that. Better than episode 3. But I still can't help but feel that a lot of potential is being wasted. It'll be rubbish if they just do this episode per character thing with flashbacks to explain.

The story doesn't seem as fascinating anymore. And there's no real sense of survival. They just seem to be able to cope.

Click For Spoiler
The miracle thing was a bit far fetched. But nicely filmed. Didn't understand why Locke says he never saw the "monster" when he was literally face to face with it.

Jack's secret is just bursting to come out. I was thinking at first maybe he had a wife on the plane or something. But I'm unsure now. Maybe as Goose mentioned, he's a banned doctor or something along those lines.

A bit unlikely that everyone has an amazing story to tell, but I'll stick with it.

The man in the suit was really eerie when he first appeared. Gave me a shiver. Just hoping really that whatever's brewing underneath isn't really farcial.

A good recovery after ep03, but has a lot to live up to.

Hey there.

The show is starting to piss me off... It's holding back far to much. Not enough is happening story wise... It's moving to damn slow... I'm all for building characters. But they are doing at the expense of plot. I just don;t think they have a good enough balance. Some shows are all about plot and never let us know the characters. This show seems to be just about the characters and is not giving us any info about what seems like it could be a cool as hell story...

Four episodes in and it's losing me.... And it's not like I dont enjoy the show. Ive loved each episode... But I can't live on characters moments alone..

Despin out.

The story doesn't seem as fascinating anymore. And there's no real sense of survival. They just seem to be able to cope.

Well in fairness they've only been stranded for 4 days, I imagine full on desperation and hunger haven't started to set in yet.

Below are the names of the next three episodes of Lost. The full half season list was in the Lost 1.3 thread the other week. I've hidden them behind spoilers because next to each ep name is the character that the episode will be based around.

Bad news is they ARE going for the flashback-story per character from the look of things which they have used for the last two episodes. Unless they start showing/giving us a bit more info about what's happening now as opposed to what did happen (especially after Jack's admission to Kate in 1.3 that it didn't matter what she had done, she had a clean slate) then I think this show might start to suffer.

Alright, so it's only a show, they've only been there 4 days etc but surely they're kind of stretching things a little to have almost everyone ignore the things in the jungle, the polar bear and what ever the hell Locke saw last week, not to mention more intrigue about that radio message.

Click For Spoiler

Tonight (“White Rabbit”): Jack

Oct. 27 (“House of the Rising Sun”): Sun & Jin

Nov. 3 (“The Moth”): Charlie & Driveshaft

Drip feeding us glimpses of things is great...for a while.

I'll be ready on download though :blink:

And episode 5 is out there. 348Meg.

The ABC Television Network has picked up Lost-for the full season, it was announced today by Stephen McPherson, president, ABC Primetime Entertainment.

Stripped of everything, the 48 survivors of a horrific plane crash scavenge what they can from the plane for their survival. Some panic. Some pin their hopes on rescue. A few find inner strength they never knew they had. The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But the island holds many secrets, including the intense howls of the mysterious creatures stalking the jungle, which fill them all with fear. Fortunately, thanks to the calm leadership of quick-thinking Jack and level-headed Kate, they have hope. But even heroes have secrets, as the survivors will come to learn.

For four weeks in a row (all four of its telecasts), Lost has been the No. 1 program in its hour among viewers and young adults. On its most recent telecast (10/13/04), Lost ranked as the No. 1 TV program of the night in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49. In addition, on the ame night the new drama drew its largest overall audience since its debut episode (9/22/04) and hit series highs in Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Teens 12-17 and Kids 2-11. Compared to the first four weeks of last season, Lost has improved the hour for ABC by 6.1 million viewers (17.6 million vs. 11.5 million) and by 40% in Adults 18-49 (6.6/18 vs. 4.7/13).

Lost stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Maggie Grace as Shannon, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie, Terry O'Quinn as Locke, Harold Perrineau as Michael and Ian Somerhalder as Boone.

Lost was created by Jeffrey Lieber and J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof. Abrams, Lindelof and Bryan Burk serve as executive producers. Jack Bender and David Fury (Angel) are co-executive producers. Lost, which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii, is from Touchstone Television.

Have heard a load of good things about this show, and since JJ Abrams and David Fury are involved, that's hardly surprising.

What I want to know is, have any stations in the UK picked it up for broadcast yet? I'm thinking "potential Sky One hit" here!!