How much would you pay for Edge?

Noopacity

Edge was out of touch. Hopefully the new crew will get the Edge head out of the Edge arse.

For me it reached the epitome of pointlessness when it gave PGR2 a five. The last straw in a big nobber haystack.

Change or die.

Edge was out of touch. Hopefully the new crew will get the Edge head out of the Edge arse.

For me it reached the epitome of pointlessness when it gave PGR2 a five. The last straw in a big nobber haystack.

Change or die.

7, wasn't it?

:)

Blimey. I don't think there's any other magazine that suffers from such a weight of expectation as Edge.

Still, anyone trying to appeal to an audience of gamers is making themselves a creature of burden, eh?

That's so true. If some people here really believe what they're posting then I pity them.

I hope they're just bored.

Whoever was saying Zero was a great multiformat must be forgetting about the quality of the writing: ie there was none it was abysmal and they only had any real expertise in ST and Amiga stuff. Even then they rated everything way too high.

Whoever was saying Zero was a great multiformat must be forgetting about the quality of the writing: ie there was none it was abysmal and they only had any real expertise in ST and Amiga stuff. Even then they rated everything way too high.

You're joking, right?

It was the best written mag at the time. And what does "they only had any real expertise in ST and Amiga stuff" mean?

It was 98% Amiga and ST. It had a PC game once in a blue moon.

And they made up quotes from MC Ren praising Lisa Stansfield.

Zero>you

Going back to the original topic - I'd pay £5 if there was a cover DVD with videos of people completing Monkey Ball in 4 seconds etc.

It [Arcade] got replaced by something printed on bog roll. Everyone turned away. I think that's why it died.

99p Videogamer. Christ. How to go from best magazine to worst magazine in one fell swoop. Only 2 copies were ever made (IIRC).

And it the first issue was full of comments like:

"I don't want any boring discussions, more tips and picturse please!!"

To which they duly responded:

"Of course we'll be getting rid of any features and giving you what YOU want, such as lots more tips and picturess!!!"

God.

That was awful.

Thinking about it now just makes me realise how good Edge is.

Until it becomes 99p that is.

I have no problem with how Edge is priced at the moment, four pounds leaves a quid change in my pocket from a fiver which in turn can pay for a bus ride home, or a packet of crisps and can of coke if i'm peckish/thirsty.

I have no problem with the content in Edge at all, I enjoy the coloumns, features, articles, reviews, previews and letters as much as I even had. I'd rather read a crap issue of Edge than any other gaming magazine - that purely becuase i've never really read a crap issue of Edge, they have always held my attention.

To be honest, I don't really know what all the fuss is about with you people and videogame magazines - whenever a score is issued you don't agree with, you rant and rave to the ends of the earth - as if it's going to make a difference. As if they're going to change their opnion. As if it matters.

Edge is too expensive as it is. I don't care about fancy paper, just print it on normal paper and charge less. It should cost a maximum of £3 as it is. Its because of the people who happily buy these magazines when the content goes down and the price goes up they can keep doing this.

I just read it in WH SMiths now. Shows how much is worth reading in it.