Beyond Good and Evil

Mercury

Oooh, I'm intrigued now! :lol:

I'll try and make this spoilerless as possible...

Exactly. This isn't cries for a sequel in the normal sense, but a cry for a sequel in the "What the fuck... They can't leave it like that!" sense. Watch all the credits by the way and you'll see what we mean... :D

Can anyone tell me how to get the surround sound on on the GC version. Everytime I try to change the option from mono to stereo/surround it just does nothing. Please help me!

I dunno, check your surround system? Do you have DPLII setup? For me this game had one of the best surround effects I've seen on a GC game, it works really well.

Hmm... sounds strange. So the text doesn't actually change from mono, stereo or surround? Try giving your disk a clean, if that doesn't work, take it back to the place you got it from, and ask for a different copy. You could also try it on one of your mates consoles, see if it does the same on theirs.

Can't see it being that, I've got my GBA Player in and it works fine. It's probably a fault with your disc :D Quicker you change it, the quicker you can get playing it in surround. In my opinion it seems to be one of the better Dolby Pro Logic II games, if you know what I mean. :(

I just bought this. I was in HMV and suddenly remembered it was only £19.99, so I had no reason not to really.

I got the GC version, for the very sad reason that we use the Xbox for watching DVDs, and the gf always takes my Xbox games out and leaves them out to get dusty/scratched/stuff spilled on.

Are there any major differences between the versions?

Jolly good. I'm looking forward to playing it, as I know next to nothing about the game other than that it is supposed to be good, and that it has Shenmue/Zelda exploration parrallels.

I'd say it was more Zelda than Shenmue, with added stealth, a sprinkling of Pokemon Snap and with a hint of Wipeout. Shorter than Zelda mind but top quality fun. Enjoy!

I stuck it on for the first 20 minutes at midnight last night, and I really didn't want to turn it off.

It has that "special" feel about it to me, that nice feeling when you know you've got an interesting new world to explore. An all-day Sunday game by the looks of it.

Oh, and I like the way they animated her run quite realistically. Sort of like a jog using the stick, then a full on sprint using R.

Finished it just now. Probably one of the best end sequences ever. Once you get to the Moon, the pace really increases a lot.

And fighting the three Alpha Section soldiers in the mecha spider with two backup characters brought a smile to my face.

Just finished the game, took about 14 hours and I loved every second of it. I just couldn't stop playing just wanted to explore the world and try everything.

Sign me up for a sequel!

Jade is the best female character ever in a videogame, with her way to solve problems and her modern attitude.

/a

I've had the game since launch and have watched this thread with interest...

I find it to be an average game. Nothing outstanding at all. I am only about 4 hours into it and the last time I played it was last Sunday. I have no real drive to go back to it either, Disappointing for me because there are some lovely ideas amongst the painfully generic RPG elements.

I was duped into a purchase because of the "Zelda for adults" quote I was reading everywhere. Imagine my hopes being dashed upon discovering that your partner is a bloody great talking pig and the other, a Buzz lightyear look-a-like!

I must add before I sign off that I don't hate the game. Far from it. I will attempt to go through it to completion... one day. Maybe it will grow on me the further into it I get.

Another victim of the hype-wagon.

Finished it a couple of days ago, excellent game from start to finish. The main element that impressed me with this game was the pacing that didn`t let up all the way through. It might of been short for an adventure game but there wasn`t one moment which i was bored playing this which i find hard to say about alot of adventure game which most seem to be padded out to make them last longer. Really hope ubi give the go ahead for a sequel.

Anyone who buys a game based on that quote should be punched in the head.

Fact!

Considering that this statement was mentioned in almost every review that I read and furthermore in this very forum, I suggest that the 'punch' is placed squarely back in your gob.

Fact!

:D

OK, I'll buckle to forum pressure and pick this up today... for me the fact that it's supposed to be a short game is a good thing. I've started and left uncompleted way too many games over the past year.

I got this a while ago from Amazon for £15 on PS2. Got into it, loved it, but then Is topped for some reason, just before the Slaughterhouse. So in the past few days I went back to it, and just completed it tonight. Fantastic game. Aside from a few annoying bugs and glitches (resulting in me having to restart the PS2 a few times), it's largely faultless.

I really, really hope there's a sequel, after watching the end cut scene (I'm glad I did!).

In this recent interview: http://www.xequted.com/interviews.php?suba...from=&ucat=10&/

Ancel says:

The story of Beyond Good & Evil is not finished at the end of this first game. We really worked hard on this world and I’d like to present the second episode as soon as possible. Just add the fact that we still have a lot of gameplay ideas coming from the game system and you have two good reasons for a sequel. Of course, the success of the game will be a key element in deciding whether to make a sequel!

As PoP2 is in production, I really hope Ubisoft give the go ahead for a sequel to this.

I’ve just completed it, which is more than I can say for Wind Waker. :rolleyes:

I thought the last boss was quite annoying and the final dungeon reminded me too much of the end of Half Life and Perfect Dark - boring green corridors. It was also full of bugs. My Xbox crashed twice moving those pillars around.

The final cutscene was a disappointing too. I was expecting something a bit more along the lines of the Return of the Jedi.

Never mind. I still love the game, but I think it starts good, gets excellent, and then slowly sinks to average by the end.

In the beginning when you have all those side-quests and the world is still unexplored and exciting its incredibly addictive. The game gets too stealth-orientated later on. My favourite dungeon was still the first one where you don’t need to sneak at all.

A sequel would be very welcome though. I have never played a game for so long in one sitting for ages.

For me pacing was the only bad issue. I can complete nearly all the side-quests before I’m even three-quarters of the way through, and that only leaves a series of stealthy dungeons.

And I never, ever want to hear anyone say “Carlson and Peters!” ever again. :lol:

I did love this game, certainly worth £20...however you know what it felt like to me...a rushed ending. Suddenly everything came to a head and BAM! That was it.

Looks like they ran out of dev time IMO.

Don't forget to watch all of the end credits thou :rolleyes: