Beyond Good and Evil

Mercury

I bought this and Prince Of Persia yesterday. Time spent on each:

POP - 1 hr 45 min

BG&E - 8 hrs

;) I'm amazed. Sure, it's good, but of the two I find PoP to be so much more addictive. Still it's a great little game, with tons of variety. It seems you don't actually have to get every single pearl and pictures of every single animal in order to finish it. I kind of enjoy that, having to backtrack all over just to get 100% would somehow break the flow.

:) I'm amazed. Sure, it's good, but of the two I find PoP to be so much more addictive. Still it's a great little game, with tons of variety. It seems you don't actually have to get every single pearl and pictures of every single animal in order to finish it. I kind of enjoy that, having to backtrack all over just to get 100% would somehow break the flow.

POP is great so far it's just I hit a puzzle at a time when I couldn't get my head around it. BG&E doesn't tax the brain as much and keeps the game flowing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking foward to getting back to POP, it's just that BG&E has me gripped.

Picked this up Friday and it hasnt been out of the X-box. I ws just glad I finished POP thurs night. Just how good is this game, I've been trying to find fault and havent yet. Its suprisingly high quality excellent soundtrack a lovely game world to play in. I dont even have a issue with the stealth sections. My only concern is lifespan as already mentioned. I've taken one photo in the slaughterhouses. Please tell me I have loads of the game left.

Started playing it last night (Xbox) and the first thing that struck me was how unpretentious is it. First screen you see is the main menu (no logos or prolonged intros) and within a minute of selecting New Game you're straight into your first bit of action.

It was actually a bit disconcerting - you get so used to long drawn out intros and slow starts that I almost forgot to take control of the first fight :) But the lack of faffing about was very refreshing, just straight into the game - brilliant ;)

BG&E doesn't tax the brain as much and keeps the game flowing.

That's for sure. :) It's very relaxing in that sense. Actually, given how "easy" both BG&E and PoP are, I certainly wouldn't want games to be more challenging...

Does anyone actually have anything remotely bad to say about it? I cant think of anything... :)

For me its perfect in the same way Wind Waker is perfect, but not quite as good. ;)

I've now decided I love the slow-motion effect when you tee up your super attack.

The only beef I have is... erm, how long it takes to save? Go to MDisk Machine, press A, choose Save, wait for disk inserting animation, wait for game to access memory card, then save. It's probably quicker on the Xbox version.

Well, I finished it tonight. In fact I would have finished it a lot earlier if HH hadn't disappeared (bug?) when I docked at the Surveillance Room. I got as far as I could before checking a FAQ which said I needed HH. I had to start the whole bloody game from the start. Finished it in 8 1/2 hours second time around.

A short but sweet game. Thoroughly enjoyable but I can see why it's being sold for £20. I don't think I'll be keeping it because for a game that lasts this long and has so little replay value it doesn't seem worth it.

I totally recommend this game to everyone but suggest renting it for a great night of gaming fun.

A short but sweet game. Thoroughly enjoyable but I can see why it's being sold for £20. I don't think I'll be keeping it because for a game that lasts this long and has so little replay value it doesn't seem worth it.

I totally recommend this game to everyone but suggest renting it for a great night of gaming fun.

Long night, though...

But yes, I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm eight hours in and almost done at the slaughterhouse. I've been thinking of keeping it, but I just don't see myself playing it through again anytime soon.

Perhaps other forumites could convince us that there is indeed plenty of replay value in it.

I would have finished it a lot earlier if HH hadn't disappeared (bug?) when I docked at the Surveillance Room. I got as far as I could before checking a FAQ which said I needed HH. I had to start the whole bloody game from the start.

I had kind of the same problem with HH in one of the caves. He wasn't following Jade and I was looking everywhere for him only to disocver he must have fell from one of the platforms and was trying to run up the cliff thing...without much luck.

Saved the game, loaded it up and there he was. ;)

Picking this one up today and looking forward to playing it this evening.

I feel sorry for ubisoft that this and PoP did not perform better although things seem to be looking up chartwise since they released on the Cube and XBox (UK). However their poor performance on the PS2 has meant that I have been able to pick both of these games up cheaply which is good for me at least...

Prefer the proper Jade. That pic of the new jade doesn't do her justice. She looks much better (aesthetically speaking) in game. She looks too much like a young girl in the first pic. I wouldn't have believed that someone like that could undertake what goes on in the game.

She looks too much like a young girl in the first pic. I wouldn't have believed that someone like that could undertake what goes on in the game.

Looking at the atricle with Michel Ancel it seems that the reason he changed her.Going by people reactions at E3 apparently.And that when they thought they were nearing the end of the game ubi soft told them to take another year to finish things off.

I think jade looks great in both pictures but i can't imagine playing through the game with the old character.

*Possible Spoilers*

Man am I glad I'm home alone right now. My mum would have washed my mouth out with soap if she'd heard the language I was using. A string of "fuck off's" and "fuck you's" flowing from my room.

That fucking boss at the end. God I could put my foot through the Gamecube at times. If I'm not on the last section of his sequence, I think I'll go mental. I'm on the bit where your controls are back to front, and the main guy keeps warping to the opposite side I'm facing. It's driving me nuts. It just seems to last forever with no indication of when it might end.

Please oh please tell me that's the last part of his attack. I hate drawn out boss fights which are overly long just for the sake of it, and this one feels long enough already.

*Breathe*

*Possible Spoilers*

Man am I glad I'm home alone right now. My mum would have washed my mouth out with soap if she'd heard the language I was using. A string of "fuck off's" and "fuck you's" flowing from my room.

That fucking boss at the end. God I could put my foot through the Gamecube at times. If I'm not on the last section of his sequence, I think I'll go mental. I'm on the bit where your controls are back to front, and the main guy keeps warping to the opposite side I'm facing. It's driving me nuts. It just seems to last forever with no indication of when it might end.

Please oh please tell me that's the last part of his attack. I hate drawn out boss fights which are overly long just for the sake of it, and this one feels long enough already.

*Breathe*

You'll be pleased to know that that is the final stage of the boss, it's not that hard at all when you do what I did and turn the controller upside-down ;)

It is the last part of the sequence. It's quite hard and took me a few goes. Try holding the pad the wrong way round. That might help. You only have to hit him 5 times in a row I think and that's it.

Good luck.

Gah, didn't think of that. I took all the PA1s off of everyone so I had as many hearts as possible, but I didn't have enough K-Bups to last the whole fight.

It'll get done. (Coming up to 14 hours played aswell. You lot are speedy so-and-so's aren't you?)