Beyond Good and Evil

Mercury

Played it for about two hours. I am liking this. A lot. The dialogue can be a bit iffy, but I'm amused by how often "Sweet Jesus!" is uttered by Pey'j. Combat's reminiscent of StarFox Adventures, but more refined. I think the camera aspect works quite well - this is how The Wind Waker should have done it. I've got past the first boss - if the rest of the game is this good, I'll be one happy bunny.

.::: I really can't get along with this game.. It utterly bores me. Of course as soon as the words 'pearl' and 'collect' were mentioned part of my brain went into 'ultra-negative' mode. It compeltely shut down when I discovered how they were used in the game.

Combat is so-so, but the puzzles. *yawn* Not only can you see the solutions from a mile away, you can see the puzzles themselves as well coming at you in predicatble patterns. I agree that's it a bit like Zelda. But rather a featherweight. Actually it is that consistently throughout the game. Not one element seems to be fully and deeply explored, giving me a sort of washed out view of it in it's entirety.

Set brain to 0 and it is enjoyable. But I didn't do that with StarFox Adventures and I certainly won't do that with BG&E.

Graphics and sound are superb though.

Still don't like the new Jade.

The english voice acting is really bad, cringworthy even. The music is really nice though, puts me in mind of Studio Ghibli.

Did we play a different game? I thought the voice acting was of exceptionally good quality (for a game at least). It's certainly no Final Fantasy X or "shouting guy in PoP".

Did we play a different game? I thought the voice acting was of exceptionally good quality (for a game at least). It's certainly no Final Fantasy X or "shouting guy in PoP".

That's what I thought. The voice acting is excellent. Especially the three main leads, Jade, Pey'j and Double H.

Some people. Want the moon on a stick they do. And even if you gave that to them, they'd claim the stick was badly textured and the moon was just a low res .bmp.

It's a mish mash of different genres, some of which I like and some I don't. Each element feels rather 'lite' too. But somehow it turned out to be one of the best games I've played in ages, second only to PoP. Graphics and sound (GC version) are top notch, the controls work really well and there's a reasonable story too. Only down side is it's too short, but that could be because I flew through it cos I was having so much fun.

Imported for 14 notes. Bargain.

I've played through the first mission and am quite enjoying it. Nice controls, visuals and lovely score. Framerate is a bit pooey tho.

Just watched the intro. Very nice with lush graphics and some nice ambient sounds. The frame rate isn't totally consistent but not to much of a problem and the voice acting so far has been faultless.

I look forward to spending more time playing it as soon as I complete Sly Raccoon.