IGNORED

The Sopranos

Hitcher

Seeing as I've never seen a single episode and Amazon are selling the 1st season for only £20 convince it why I should get it.

One of the bets TV dramas ever. Absolute quality thing. Brilliant scripts and superbly developed characters. 13 hours of absolute joy.

It takes the hackneyed old gangster thing and gives it a proper kick up the arse with a totally different spin. There's still plenty of the testosterone gangster stuff, but there's so much more to it.

Buy the first season, and I guarantee you'll want to see the rest.

I have the first 3 series on DVD. Of course, my first 2 series'are the massive boxes with 6 individual shitty Warner Bros. cardboard cases, which looks crap next to the lovely 3rd season boxest. <_<

It's a fantastic show, and you should show no hesitation in buying it.

One problem I noticed in a few places is that some plot threads are never properly wrapped up. Examples (spoilers, obviously):

Dr. Melfi being raped.

The school football coach sleeping with Artie's(?) daughter.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but there's more.

• 4 weeks later...
Buy the first season, and I guarantee you'll want to see the rest.

Well I found the time to sit down and start watching this last night and my word NumberSix you were right - I've only seen 3 episodes and I want to get the other seasons already. <_<

Thanks guys.

Rather than simply writing *spoiler* in a thread started by someone who's not seen the show, why not change the text colour to white?

that way you won't spoil it for them, eh.

Because that would be sensible?

Anyhoo, everyone should watch this show. It's one of the best pieces of television drama ever. The family life behind the mob comes to life. The character interaction is able to evolve over the course of the programme to bring real detail to each character. And it rocks.

It sounds exactly like Alias, but without the spying and wigs.

Seasons One and Two do wrap up their storylines properly - so don't let the above put you off.

The Sopranos isn't as dependent upon *structure* as Alias (though I've noticed this is less important in Season Two) - the episodes are generally self-contained (though elements carry over) as opposed to Alias' use of the "cliffhanger".

And, obviously, the Mafia aren't as technologically advanced <_<

Alias is the better SF show (more thrills and spills and techno-gadgetry), but The Sopranos is the better TV series.

God, The Sopranos is amazing. When I worked at PA we used to get the tapes a few weeks early so we had a divided office between those who were watching on TV and those watching on tape. When I had weeks off Channel 4 sent couriers to my flat with the tapes!

God, The Sopranos is amazing. When I worked at PA we used to get the tapes a few weeks early so we had a divided office between those who were watching on TV and those watching on tape. When I had weeks off Channel 4 sent couriers to my flat with the tapes!

That's quality. Shame there's going to be such a long wait for us over here to see the new series. Last I heard, E4 would be getting it in October, so it's going to be at least another year for non-digital scum like me.