Daytona being delisted 7th Feb 2023 (and Jet Set Radio. And oh no, Far Cry 2 as well! This is awful!

dumpster

32 minutes ago, Dig Dug said:

I though these were only going down if you were shopping on the 360 console and could still get them on the one/series.

If I’m wrong then I guess I’m doing some shopping this weekend.

Tried to buy Daytona from the Xbox store today and it was listed but couldn't buy it as the usual buy button is replaced by "CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE". 

So then I went into the Xbox marketplace via the links given above. There was a buy button with a price but it wouldn't allow me to buy as there apparently wasn't a valid payment method on my account. So tried adding one and it just kept looping around and still wouldn't let me add a payment method. Except it did as it is now on my Microsoft account. Probably a glitch or something (and I was using the Edge browser too!).

Ended up going through the process and store on my 360 console itself where it did add the payment method and let me buy it there. It also then unlocked the downloaded game on my Series S too. Very odd. 

Anyway any tips for Daytona? Forgot how tricky it is! Drifting and slipstreaming is key it seems!  Hit the Goal on Easy but only came in around 15th! 

Maybe we could bung some times up here? Not sure if the leaderboards are still operational....will check next time I boot it up!

Must admit never enjoyed gaming as much for years with some retro goodness on the Series S/360 as well as some new games like HiFi Rush. Also so many great racers on the 360.  Also got back into some Outrun 2 via Xbox 360 BC. Great stuff. Shame I can't play everything on my Series S but guess mostly down to licensing sigh. Still no hardship keeping the 360 around. Need that anyway for PGR4 and some other things that aren't BC.

Daytona on Beginner:

Manual gears.  Stay in 4th, hammer around the track. When you see sonic on the rock face in front of you look for the fence on the left of the track.  As soon as your car is level with the fence steer left, smack the gear into 1st, then guide the car at a drifty 45 degree angle as you go into 2nd, then third and as the corner ends go into 4th.  

I do from the edge of the fence to the actual corner in 1st, knock it up to 2nd about 1 -2 seconds later as you hit the corner, go around the corner in 3rd and accelerate out of it in 4th.  

This works well on Advanced too, but I've never managed to work out how to do Expert at all.

1 hour ago, dumpster said:

Daytona on Beginner:

Manual gears.  Stay in 4th, hammer around the track. When you see sonic on the rock face in front of you look for the fence on the left of the track.  As soon as your car is level with the fence steer left, smack the gear into 1st, then guide the car at a drifty 45 degree angle as you go into 2nd, then third and as the corner ends go into 4th.  

I do from the edge of the fence to the actual corner in 1st, knock it up to 2nd about 1 -2 seconds later as you hit the corner, go around the corner in 3rd and accelerate out of it in 4th.  

2-3-4! :quote:

I do 1-4 on the beginner track. :unsure:

For the corners on advanced it’s 1-3-4; for the really hairy corners on expert it’s brake into 1-2-3-4, but only after I’ve had a few. 

2 hours ago, MattyP said:

Maybe we could bung some times up here? Not sure if the leaderboards are still operational....will check next time I boot it up!

A few of us played online recently via the forum. All still working, I'd be up for more of that. 

56 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Daytona on the not 360 store says it’s not available. Been seeing this for a ton of games I want to play recently.

F70BF99F-D549-4A93-9F4D-6CDECFD18814.jpeg

It's been weird for a while, I think you have to log in on a pc and buy it on the web store, then it will download to the console. 

17 hours ago, Nick R said:

Posted this in the Xbox thread, but here's a list of the games that are getting delisted in different ways, with direct links to the en-US marketplace pages:

I think that Redditor is wrong about Final Fight: Double Impact being available in the Capcom Beat 'Em Up/Belt Action Collection. Final Fight is but Magic Sword isn't, so that's effectively being delisted.

• dumpster changed the title to Daytona being delisted 7th Feb 2023 (and Jet Set Radio. Our kids will never know the joy they are missing, the future is bleak, barren, our future is a desperate sickening swamp of new things and that scares me)
  • dumpster changed the title to Daytona being delisted 7th Feb 2023 (and Jet Set Radio. And oh no, Far Cry 2 as well! This is awful!
3 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

What leads to games like Daytona and JSR getting delisted after all this time? Cost to keep in store vs sales?

Yeah, revenue vs licence cost. JSR for the songs, Daytona for the cars I'd imagine. Yet another reason why game preservation by the community is so important. 

16 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Have I understood this right, if I buy Daytona & JSR I’ll be able to play them on a S or X if I ever get one, as they’re backwards compatible? Still have my 360 at the mo.

I play both on my series x without any issues.

On 04/02/2023 at 11:29, DeciderVT said:

I think that Redditor is wrong about Final Fight: Double Impact being available in the Capcom Beat 'Em Up/Belt Action Collection. Final Fight is but Magic Sword isn't, so that's effectively being delisted.

Final Fight is on Capcom Beat 'Em Up/Belt Action Collection and Capcom Arcade Stadium, Magic Sword is on Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium. However, Final Fight: Double Impact does included the original and a remixed soundtrack for both games that is exclusive to that version.

Seeing as I'm hot on this topic, I've done a video on it, games like Skate 2 and their DLC is going as well. More games are being delisted in different parts of the world, in some regions over 150+ games are being removed in Egypt, so check the official list for where you live from here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/store/xbox-360-marketplace-update

Spread the word, there are some real hidden gems like Eets Chowdown! Going on top of the classics like Daytona USA, Jet Set Radio. I found the marketplace website a bit hit and miss to buy stuff on, so I've been buy items from the Xbox 360 in console store. I think Microsoft are being to shut down and split the 360 store from the Xbox One store. I suspect more and more games will be slowly delisted over the course of the year.