IGNORED

Well those White Xboxes have been sent out...

geldra

Shadow around the DVD drive?

I just got mine too, and it's fab. Very cunning them marking it down as a 'Return' and valued at $50 :D

I'm definitely going to have it modded, same ultra-quiet 120gb Barracuda HDD as my other XBox (for sale! See Trading Folder), and a UK PSU. I certainly don't own enough Japanese games to keep it J/NTSC and I'm certainly not not going to use it. Silly collectors :rolleyes:

-J

i don't know about anyone else - but having just modded mine the mobo was a v1.0 or v1.1. the point for the D0 on the xecuter was for that version and there was solder in some of the holes.

not that this matters, was just interesting for a machine manuf. last month....

also the hdd had 2001 as the manuf date as well ;)

Bugger. Mine's a V1.0 as well. WTF?

What a swizz! Obviously recased some old stock there...

It also has cocked up my ability (well Yod@'s) to swap the PSU to a UK one. We need an OLD UK one now...

As Yod@ so eloquently put it: "Maybe they're commemorating the 2nd anniversary by supplying Xboxes which are ACTUALLY 2 years old lol"

;)

-J

Have you seen the DOA Kasumi Blue one? Now that's gorgeous.

To me this sounds rather like going along to a Ford dealer and standing around saying "WOW! Look at the RED one! Its loads nicer than the black one!".

Its only a different colour. Get over it.

Pff, the White is Lovely.

And, and, and....

The only REAL difference between v1.0 Xboxen and later ones is a noisy fan on the GPU (the brand of DVD drive isn't really important)... and Yod@ says he has a spare v1.1 GPU heatsink so if all goes well, my White Xbox will be modded to the noticeably quieter v1.1+ edition anyway... yay! :lol:

Age of HD is of course also unimportant considering it's being removed... :)

-J

Granted, it's nicer than I thought it'd be. But the black d-pad, thumb sticks and cables look silly.

They should be white too.

I actually think the contrast looks great -- look at my pad pic up the thread :P

£252? We all paid £200 for our initial batch... and they're engraved... *gloaty gloat* :P

Well done though. In other news, Play-Asia have new stock of the Masterpiece Optimus Primes in stock too. Best thing I ever bought. Really.

-J

I actually think the contrast looks great -- look at my pad pic up the thread :P

Yeah, the contrast makes more sense in the close up picture I guess.

I just noticed you took the photo with your controller on the 'is the xbox doomed?' edge issue :P