IGNORED

Chewin' The Fat

Armitage_Shanks

• 2 years later...

Season 4 was mince, and so were the later Hogmanay ones, but there some absolute gems of episodes within the show.

indeed. I stuck Season 1 on the ipod and laughed my fucking arse off. Jack and Victor having cyber sex is just awesome. and the shopping channel guy ;)

I bought this set when they first came out and the actual dvds are god awfull, each one skips like a bastard at the layer change, on every player in the house, as did the replacements. Buy them, but keep the receipt.

The publisher logo is fantastic. It's like someone bought Adobe After effects and just used the demo. (Then got hired to design the Dr Who logo...)

Like for instance... Did you create any of the scnearios? Like, um... Could you say for instance, that the P.E teacher farting sketch was your idea?

I thought the Big Man was one of his.

So many great characters. "You.. you can say that tae me when you bring a decent bag to school."

One of the best things in it which was such a shame to be missing from Still Game where when they sat around the pub singing, some of those songs were fucking hysterical.

I also can't get "and you were like that *mimes wanking*" out of my head when someone over enthuses about something. If I'd to pick anything from that show as the most truly Glaswegian it'd be that.

Didn't Rab once claim to have invented the word fannybaws?

I'd sincerely hope not.

YES!

All the goodness without BBC1 pissing about with them.

Will be picking this up, no doubt.

Sad to say the original post is two years old. Play don't even have it on sale any more.

One of the best things in it which was such a shame to be missing from Still Game where when they sat around the pub singing, some of those songs were fucking hysterical.

Awesome!!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/chewinthe...singalong.shtml

'Fat girls on the shelf'

The shelf is creaking....

Simmy, we created our own characters. Some other guys worked on sketches using F&G's characters, but we stuck to our own for the most part, and one off sketches and the like.

Too modest

Question from David Murdoch: Where did you come up with Captain Nipple Whistle?

Greg: It was written for us by Florence & Connell.

Sweet! "the pish flaps have burst open"

Question from Michael Harkins: What made you come up with the Big Jock sketch because that is a great sketch?

Greg: We're just puppets. Hired hacks. It was Florence & Connell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/chewinthe...hat/index.shtml

I thought the Big Man was one of his.

So many great characters. "You.. you can say that tae me when you bring a decent bag to school."

I recently bought all the Still Game episodes on DVD. Utterly brilliant. So many amazing lines and so many touching moments.

"Hello John.... I thought you were deid...

Aye... I'll tell him...

That was John Logie Baird... He says you're an arsehole."

I nearly died. Fucking genius.

I recently bought all the Still Game episodes on DVD. Utterly brilliant. So many amazing lines and so many touching moments.

"Hello John.... I thought you were deid...

Aye... I'll tell him...

That was John Logie Baird... He says you're an arsehole."

I nearly died. Fucking genius.

Quality indeed.

"And it's McDade and Jarvis pulling away from the pack of auld arsholes..."

• 1 year later...