The band formerly known as Slaves

wev

Have changed their name.

To Soft Play.

Couldn't care less about the name change, just happy to hear that Isaac and Laurie are potentially performing and recording together again after what has been a tough few years for both of them (Laurie lost his wife, Isaac has had some tough mental health battles).

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl83Ce6quM9/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I saw them in 2016, such a great live act and the engine on Isaac is utterly amazing.

It's a memorable name, when most bands in terms of sound and name are bland and forgettable I appreciate anything that helps.

I get why people on twitter would carve out an opening to yell about how it's just out of this world unbelievable that a band of two white guys are called slaves, but if twitter was around in the late 70s they might as well have been similarly outraged by Joy Division. 

23 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

It's a memorable name, when most bands in terms of sound and name are bland and forgettable I appreciate anything that helps.

I get why people on twitter would carve out an opening to yell about how it's just out of this world unbelievable that a band of two white guys are called slaves, but if twitter was around in the late 70s they might as well have been similarly outraged by Joy Division. 

It's never going to be too late for Joy Division - we can go back and erase them at some point, just kick it off with a Tweet and it's all taken care of