Favourite characters

MarkN

This must have been asked a dozen times, but I can't remember it (then again my memory is piss-poor and I've been at the cheap cider again...)

Favourite characters from TV or Film? Doesn't have to be a big part. Indeed, I'm going to start it off with this - my absolute favourite character (so far) from everything I've seen of Star Wars (and I saw the original at the cinema as a child - so it's a cherished franchise for me). This little chap is my favourite though. The first "No thank you!" is perhaps my favourite Star Wars moment. It's so lovely.

Badger from Breaking Bad. Every episode where he's in it for more than a few minutes elevates that episode. 

I could probably pick twenty characters from BB or Better Call Saul as my favourite but for such a tense and epic TV series, Badger was like a classic Shakespearean comic relief. 

It takes someone truly special to make a cameo appearance in a single episode in the seventh series of a beloved show, and totally upstage its two undeniably brilliant stars. Step forward, Leonard Rossiter.

306DC1C5-AAD3-4870-96A1-868439256F1B.jpeg.c88ba51d567f73a99809b3246a0ec49e.jpeg

"It was like watching two stags at bay. They brought the best out of each other. Harry [H. Corbett] suddenly realised he was faced with a formidable actor, and Leonard realised that Harry was 'pulling all the stops out', and the scenes between each other were absolutely riveting." - Alan Simpson, co-author.

11 hours ago, Plissken said:

I absolutely loved this guy.  Made me howl.

I'd completely forgotten this character - he's so very good. Is Police Squad on any streaming services? Such a great show.

I'll add Drummer from The Expanse. She's just immense:

1 hour ago, Tequlia said:

* With Amos from The Expanse in second place;

Hide contents

Amos is brilliant. I chose Drummer, but he would have been second. He looks like standard grunt material, but he's so much better than that.