Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0

Fargo

The first few days will probably be connection Armageddon as everyone tries to get started.

I doubt I'll enjoy that anywhere near as much as this. Warzone 1 wasn't exactly Apex for me, and I like the chaotic respawning nature of MW2 a heck of a lot more than I expected.

Though hey, I'll give it a shot.

I think I might like this DMZ. Although the 2 games I had I didn't have a clue what I was doing. 

Trying to get a game right now is a nightmare though. Servers getting hammered and can't get in. 

Played the DMZ mode thing - like @Ry not a clue what I was doing - no idea if I was battling with real players or bots - but I died and that's it - back to the menu and the wait and loading again. Probably be my last time on that mode then.

Tried the Warzone Battle Royale Teams thing - again I've no idea what I am doing - it's complex - followed the other three players really - lasted until 18th - but no idea what I was doing really. There were troops piling out of helicopters, assumed to be bots, again not sure. The applying armor thing is weird, can't say I understand it. 

All modes in the game - be it MW2 or Warzone 2.0 just chuck you into it without much explanation - following the From Software template then - but using every button on the controller and loads of menus to understand. 

I maybe played 1 or 2 hours of the old Warzone, I thought you did it on your own, not with a squad - have I imagined that?

Reminded me a bit of Destiny - at the start of the story mode - you enter into a big open area and there appears to be other players from the internet in the same story level as you and you play alongside them. Way too confusing for an old fart like me! I mean it's clever and all, but just jarring as a point of reference as to WTF you are supposed to be actually doing

4 minutes ago, Ry said:

DMZ is basically Vigor (without the base building stuff and having AI). I liked Vigor for a while. 

So did I until I got sniped leaving the area by some dickhead who’d been squatting in the bushes by the exit all game. Instant uninstall.

Is this the Warzone 2.0 thread as well or are they different things? Thought I would take a look at it and have a few games but it’s 118gb on the xbox! From a technical point of view does anyone know why it’s so big? I think on a series s the useable hd space is around 380 so doesn’t leave loads of space. More reasonable on an x but still, 118gb!

If anyone is playing it and streaming pls post in here :)

I have not been able to get into a game of Warzone for 2 nights now. Just searches forever. 

I can get in DMZ no issues though. And when you play with people talking and co-ordinate in that mode it's a blast. 

Is it worth me creating a Warzone 2.0 thread? I'd quite like to follow the chat but it's almost as though there's multiple different games under the heading 'Modern Warfare 2' so it's hard to know what's being discussed in this thread.

I've had 2 games of solo warzone. Finished 33 first game and 25 second. Got 4 kills in the first game and 3 the second. Really enjoyed both games which is a surprise to me as i got insta-killed every time i tried the original warzone.

I couldn't get in a game last night on the Xbox but got in straight away on PS5. I've turned off crossplay on PS5 so i wonder if thats borking the xbox network settings (the accounts are both linked on Activision for cross progression).

There are some bugs for sure, and I’m not keen on some of the design decisions (new gulag, ugh), but overall I’d say Warzone 2.0 is already a bit of a triumph. It looks incredible and the map is so big and chock full of interesting gunplay environments. 

Requires a bit of ironing out, but I’d say that was to be expected. 

Yeah. I went in, got murdered by AI in a hotspot, tried to restart with my 'insured' weapon and it's gone and on a timer. 

I had a cold so sacked it off, I'd probably just get murdered again. Gonna give it another shot soon. Think you maybe have to scavenge guns from empty if you've lost your own ones?

So, you can scav guns from bags, lockers, caches etc but you can also buy them from buy stations and off of dead bodies if you manage to take down an enemy. Don't try to beat them up, their mates will just do you. I've gone in more times without a gun than with one. Sometimes it works. Most of the time it doesn't.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

How the hell does the battle pass work? How are you supposed to move areas and unlock the free bits? WHY HAVE THEY COMPLICATED SHIT?!

To answer this: you buy everything with the tokens you earn but you can only use free stuff without the battle pass. Not sure why they did this. I assume it's like the Fortnite one where you unlock the shit you want first.