I Hate You - Great new comedy on C4

chris on the moon

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the whole thing and I liked it. I did feel as though there was something a little off, something that doesn't work, maybe something to do with a middle aged white man writing young women. And a little bit of a clash between the more and less realistic characers. I liked the gags though, and the dialogue was fun to listen to.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve only watched two eps of this so far but am going to put it on the great pile because it obviously is. Two flat mates lead stupid lives and say stupid things - it’s just silliness, and a lot of fun because of it.

Here’s a Guardian review, they hated it, and they are probably right: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/oct/13/i-hate-you-review-like-watching-two-grown-women-possessed-by-the-spirit-of-puerile-teenage-boys

1 minute ago, FishyFish said:

It’s from Robert Popper, the guy behind Friday Night Dinner (and classic science spoof, Look Around You), so I’m hoping it will be more of the same sort of humour (I’ve not watched it yet).

I’ve never seen FND and watched a few Look Around Yous…hard to say it’s the same from that but it is stupid.

Just read that guardian review, kind of shocked by some of the things the reviewer said, there was 6 series of Friday Night Dinner? Six? And they were all wonderful? All of them? All six of them? Don't think I've seen more than 10 seconds of it. And that was just a scene of people eating dinner, and they stretched that premise out for six seasons? 

Just now, peeveen said:

I think I smirked once during the first and only episode of FND that I watched.

I caught ten minutes of this through the week. It's a similarly laugh-free zone.

Shit on it!