Call Of Duty Modern Warfare II MW2 2022

englishbob

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

The bumper jumper cunts are still there, hopping around corners.

This is what fucks me off the most - why is such a shitty tactic rewarded? Your aim should be fucked for a couple of seconds after jumping in the air.

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

The bumper jumper cunts are still there, hopping around corners. The sliders seem to have been neutered thanks to the way it works now, so that's something.

The new tactic is the belly flop rather than the jump it seems

7 hours ago, Timmo said:

Your aim should be fucked for a couple of seconds after jumping in the air.

Yep - was banging on about this in the Vanguard thread. When Vanguard first started out as your fired on a jumping prick it would just cut them down and they wouldn't get the opportunity to fire back really. This was patched and bolloxed up eventually however.

I've liked what I've played in this rather generous beta test. Visually I don't think its up there with Vanguard, which is very pretty at times, but this has better character animation and the speed seems dialled down a bit - which is better. I also haven't spied the bullshit NINJA perk yet, hopefully this will stay out this time around as it's game breaking IMO. 

Pre and post launch however there is plenty they can do to fuck this up and start listening to one of the most hostile "communities" that exist in gaming. Vanguard has been in a dire state since December last year - it never recovered - it was pretty good when it started out - for shame.

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

there shouldn't be a Ninja Perk as it's make that redundant.

There's still time

https://charlieintel.com/cod-vanguard-devs-reveal-beta-to-launch-updates-ninja-perk-movement-visibility/144498/

To quote "confirms that Call of Duty: Vanguard will have a Ninja perk added at launch, which allows for silent footsteps all the time in game. This is a change from the beta, which only featured Dead Silence as a Field Upgrade."

I saw there were some unlocks for the open beta upon hitting certain level, but apparently the 'open' beta still needs codes to access? Not very open, really.

Ah, I've never been big on CoD anyway. Occasionally I look in on them during a hype wave and remember they just don't vibe with me.

Edit: Oh, it's up on the store for general download. That infograph I looked at lied to me, don't think there's much time left to check it out.

Ground War is so so so so so good. For those missing the old days when men were men and battlefield maps weren’t 800 players it scratches the itch perfectly. Me and a few mates have had a right old evening squadded up taking names. 

It’s good. It’s really good. It might even be £70 good. 

6 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

I saw there were some unlocks for the open beta upon hitting certain level, but apparently the 'open' beta still needs codes to access? Not very open, really.

Ah, I've never been big on CoD anyway. Occasionally I look in on them during a hype wave and remember they just don't vibe with me.

Edit: Oh, it's up on the store for general download. That infograph I looked at lied to me, don't think there's much time left to check it out.

You have till 6pm tomorrow I think.

Kinda had some fun. Shotguns are nice. Didn't have a scooby as to what you're actually supposed to do in most situations though... lots and lots of dying was done. Mines'd get me every time, tanks would be an impossible barrier,  campers would camp and the recoil of the M4 screwed up most of my ranged shots.

Still, I liked how hectic ground assault (?) was. If I could figure the game out I think I'd be less annoyed most of the time, but I rarely see easy solutions to the bits I'm having trouble with.

Like aiming straight.

On 24/09/2022 at 18:11, Timmo said:

I don’t like how in Team Deathmatch there are no natural choke points. You’d always get areas that players would naturally congregate in, which could be held down and fought for. In this it feels like you’re constantly forced to move because there are so many exits and angles all the time. 

Maybe I’m just old…

It's because they had the traditional more complicated layouts in 2019 and the majority of the noisy playerbase complained that it wasn't the basic 3 lane shooting galleries that you usually see in the treyarch games. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Fargo said:

Any indication how big the file size is due to be for this ?

On PS5 Vanguard (Multiplayer only) is 124GB - the prior Cold War (Multiplayer only) is 174GB

Given how many assets are shared between the main game and Warzone makes it a bit of shitshow of an install. Wasn't the full install MW reboot around 250GB (or would blow the space on a formatted PC SSD on a 250GB drive) ? 

They have to do better this time around.

I'm hoping it goes through a significant uptick in the MP visuals though, it's not really near Vanguard standards (but beats it on the player animation front).

For those that have pre-ordered digitally - the campaign mode for this unlocks this Thursday 20th October. No idea if this is pre-load, or that happens before, or what time on the 20th it will be - usually it's some Pacific Time bollox so you could be looking at 5/6pm GMT on the 20th