Moai in video games?

matt!

2 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

then it isn't on your list and I would have thought someone would have added it by now

Honestly, don't fall into this trap. There are new additions of games you'd swear somebody would have already submitted. That's the thrill. 

Over time I've come to be able to get a feeling for whether the game will have one. I found the Moai in the first 3D Frogger on iOS/tvOS with this kind of blind faith. 

2 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

What a pointlessly niche endeavour. 

I love it. Good luck.

Thanks!

It's good to have a little side hobby (many of them). 

The yugioh card game has several moai based cards which in turn have appeared in several video games.

Two of them directly reference Gradius (Konami makes the card game).

Spoiler

78DC7086-BA5D-4060-AB9F-142036C7BBF2.jpeg.24df495f8a4b69f9c307eb7e0e88bdd0.jpegAEA13D3C-4E5D-4610-8F5A-2E101D5280CE.jpeg.44984a0fd3cc102808fecb4ad454b94d.jpeg8963F663-7FE6-4A2C-876E-C02B8BE4E01E.jpeg.4c31f9a9983ffa8ccc2da299197f24a3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, megamixer said:

Never really understood the fascination with including them in so many games, especially shmups, but I cannot lie - I kinda like 'em.

That Q is answered on the site FAQ page. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I tend to slip them into any games I'm working on. Recently watched a stream of somebody bamboozled by the hidden Moai in a game jam - probably should have coupled it with a health pack or something.

I'm also a sucker for sneaking a dopefish into any shooters too 😏

8 hours ago, Noonanman said:

Recently watched a stream of somebody bamboozled by the hidden Moai in a game jam

If you can provide a screenshot, or a link to the video with it in, I will add it to the site. Cheers