Reading and Leeds 2022

wev

Not much talk on the weekends festival?

I'm only catching up now to be honest, the mix on Fontaines DC's set is appauling and you can barely understand a word Grian Chatten is singing

I haven’t seen any really apart from one song each from 1975 and Fontaines DC. 

I don’t like being overly negative about bands and music as just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean someone else doesn’t, but the 1975, I don’t get their appeal at all. 

20 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I haven’t seen any really apart from one song each from 1975 and Fontaines DC. 

I don’t like being overly negative about bands and music as just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean someone else doesn’t, but the 1975, I don’t get their appeal at all. 

One of my friends college age daughter is obsessed with them as are a bunch of her mates. Pretty boy, indie/pop band with a few catchy songs. Can see why they blew up here and in the US with that demographic. They are a million miles from RATM though, so that was rather odd. 

13 minutes ago, Orion said:

One of my friends college age daughter is obsessed with them as are a bunch of her mates. Pretty boy, indie/pop band with a few catchy songs. Can see why they blew up here and in the US. They are a million miles from RATM though, so that was rather odd. 

I’m definitely not their target audience, I always thought they were a boy band but then during the marketing of their last album I saw them compared to Radiohead in reviews which made me sit up and take notice. Think I managed about one and a half songs! 

Just seems like a case of their work not really matching the ambition, or perhaps overzealous reviewers looking for the next big thing. 

They're a band that's mostly passed me by but what I have heard of them never suggested a band that were a fit for headlining Reading and Leeds.

The iPlayers coverage feels lacking this year. I've only watched Fontaines DC and Pale Waves, wanted to see BMTH, Halsey and Poppy's sets 

Wouldn't have minded watching all of Enter Shikari too, but like above there's only one song available on BBC Music's YouTube channel (or there was when I checked Monday), their singers microphone got cut when he started talking about the pollution of Britain's rivers and seas, the organisers have said it was a power cut and he did eventually get a working microphone but it seemed very well timed for it to happen at that very moment