Masahiro Sakurai is creating videos for you

SMD

They're great. What a good bloke.

Doesn't come across like a dick in the slightest and is basically completely correct in his points. I feel there are some other people with that amount of history that would be a lot more smug or condescending about it. 

Or not even do it perhaps. 

I do like GMTK but like you said, they're a lot longer than these and I like the inside looks Sakurai slips into these videos. Getting the green light from Nintendo is a big deal, reminds me of bite sized Iwata Asks.

Just now, Dig Dug said:

Unsurprisingly this thumbnail has been scoffed at by pretty much every person who plays Smash Ultimate frequently.

I guess I should point out for anyone who hasn't seen the video yet that it's not referring to online play...

2 minutes ago, SMD said:

I guess I should point out for anyone who hasn't seen the video yet that it's not referring to online play...

The game has notoriously questionable input lag offline that combined with the games weird input buffer causes a lot of misinputs even at the top level of competitive play.

Point beIng that out of context it is an amusing thumbnail for people who know.

7 hours ago, Dig Dug said:

The game has notoriously questionable input lag offline that combined with the games weird input buffer causes a lot of misinputs even at the top level of competitive play.

Point beIng that out of context it is an amusing thumbnail for people who know.

I didn’t know this, but it’s very interesting to hear! I have a couple of friends who play Smash Bros a lot, and they’re very good at it, but I’m hopeless and a bit of a laughing stock. I was reflecting on why this is, because we’re all more evenly skilled in other fighters (I’m still worse, mind) and one of the most obvious reasons is that I always find my attacks miss because the attacks seem to lag behind my button presses. 

So you’re saying this isn’t just me?!

10 hours ago, Popo said:

I didn’t know this, but it’s very interesting to hear! I have a couple of friends who play Smash Bros a lot, and they’re very good at it, but I’m hopeless and a bit of a laughing stock. I was reflecting on why this is, because we’re all more evenly skilled in other fighters (I’m still worse, mind) and one of the most obvious reasons is that I always find my attacks miss because the attacks seem to lag behind my button presses. 

So you’re saying this isn’t just me?!

Input lag info is all over the place but the lowest known you have have offline is 6-7 frames and then additional lag depending on which controller type you are using. Keep in mind that all switch games have an additional frame of lag when docked.

I think they already know from Iwata Asks, they just don't have a lot of people who'd run with it and be charismatic enough to make it successful. Hopefully they'll figure something out.

Here are the latest two vids:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...