IGNORED

Good names for games

MarkN

3 hours ago, jonamok said:

This has franchise potential.

Reynard: Die Hard as a fox.

Wellard: Die Hard as a Belgian Shepherd. 

Placard: Die Hard with protests replacing gunplay.

"Ho ho ho, now I have a sharpie"

Just now, Hamus said:

Placard: Die Hard with protests replacing gunplay.

"Ho ho ho, now I have a sharpie"

Picard: The old bastard is in a vest, portraying himself, Picard, AND an ancient John McClane in a multiverse adventure - unsurprisingly facing off against Discord from the My Little Pony kids TV series.

Walk The Walk, starring Captain Tom - walking simulator

Money talks and bullshit walks, starring Captain Tom's daughter - fraudulent charity simulator

Sofa Surfers - a 2D pixel art sports title in the vein of Windjammers. Totally radical! Points are multiplied for staying on the same couch as long as possible; but lost if you ruin the friendship by pushing your luck too far. 

4 minutes ago, Popo said:

Sofa Surfers - a 2D pixel art sports title in the vein of Windjammers. Totally radical! Points are multiplied for staying on the same couch as long as possible; but lost if you ruin the friendship by pushing your luck too far. 

"Become the master of the hover hand!" Could be its tag line.

Runaway Bride of Dracula

Trapped in the count's castle and earmarked for unholy matrimony, you manage to break out of your cell and must avoid Drac and his minions while seeking a way to escape the nightmare. 

Movie: The Game of the Film

It's probably about being a Hollywood producer or something, I dunno.

22 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Movie: The Game of the Film

It's probably about being a Hollywood producer or something, I dunno.

Wasn’t this a thing?

An old Imagine (I think) game called Movie, and of course the The Movies more recently from bullshit maestro Molyneux.

Under Oath

The game takes place as a closeup of your face, with faint murmurs of a trial occuring around you. 

Every button on the pad controls a different muscle and you have to remain looking not guilty the whole time. Show too much emotion and you get sent down! 

Every second stage - there are stages now - you have a bonus objective where you have to reach for a glass of water, drink the water and put it down, again without showing emotion. 

Plot twist at the end: you were Mark Zuckerberg the whole time.

Watching the Germany Austria game in the women's Euros gave me a new idea:

Woodwork. A football game where you only score by hitting the uprights or crossbar. If I was being especially harsh you'd lose points for actually getting it in the net. It would certainly make the goalkeeper's job interesting...

Mumblewalkers

Following the pedestrianisation of Norwich town centre, you must navigate the paved streets of Norfolk’s finest metropolis, having to dodge and avoid the masses determined to slow you down whilst shuffling around, gawping at their phones. There’ll be a Road Rage style punching mode, time trial mode, a Subway Surfers/Minion Rush weaveathon mode, a Snake chase mode etc. 

DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK?

As a social misfit in the 80s you're on a quest through your angsty teens and try to make people understand it's ok to be different. Try to avoid neighbourhood watch groups, police and insecure people in general. Become a grafitti artist and spread your beliefs. Make punk albums and make them understand and most importantly, survive!

I've remembered a thing, back from my days at Blitz Games. For a while I was on a strange satellite team, and the manager used to have a white board on which we'd post daft game names. He collated them all. It's one of the few documents I've kept from my time back then. There are far too many to mention in one go, so here are some of my favourite's of mine from the last board:

Avoid Cider (this is my favourite piece of graffiti I've ever seen – painted in green emulsion on a fence near Leamington train station)

Bassoon Tycoon.

Chin puncher.

Count The Pig (there is only ever one pig. I love the idea that this might be someones favourite game). Can I play it again Mummy?

Guitar Heron

Inopertune Tycoon

Lagoon Tycoon

Milk The Whale

Oh no, More Lenin!

Prune Tycoon

Raccoon Tycoon

Revolver Ocelot: Ocelot Revolver

Shiv Pigs

Spittoon Tycoon

Thunder Kittens

Um Jammer Lemmy

Sid Meier's American McGee

American McGee's Sid Meier (these are two very different games)

Bravely Default

It’s a conventional dungeon crawl but every spell or piece of equipment a character uses also puts an annoying stat nerf or penalty on them, and going in wearing your original starter gear results in a devastating glass cannon build.