Jump to content
IGNORED

PS+ July 2022 - Crash 4, Man of Medan & Arcadegeddon


gospvg
 Share

Recommended Posts

July we have Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time for PS4 and PS5, The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan for PS4, and Arcadegeddon for PS4 and PS5.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heard Man of Medan is pretty good, right? And the better half will probably enjoy a bit of Crash, which means she’s not kicking my arse on MK11, so not too bad a month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, glb said:

Heard Man of Medan is pretty good, right? And the better half will probably enjoy a bit of Crash, which means she’s not kicking my arse on MK11, so not too bad a month.


It’s alright. It’s the first of the “until dawn-lite” Dark Pictures Anthology, so it’s only a few hours long. They’re meant to be short and more episodic than a bigger releases from the same devs like Until Dawn or the Quarry. 
 

But yeah, it’s ok. Ending is…divisive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bumgut said:

anyone like crash 4? 

 

It got too difficult too soon for me

 

I haven't spent that long with it, and I don't think that it'd really hold my interest either way, but it did seem needlessly fiddly and difficult right from the get-go.

 

So no, not really. Currently letting my daughter give it a whirl instead. Fairly inexplicably, it's rated 12?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bumgut said:

anyone like crash 4? 

 

It got too difficult too soon for me

I don’t get on with the camera angles for some reason. I know that’s the signature of crash games but it feels like aesthetics over decent gameplay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

another thing is that switching between ghost/real  elements in the environment its too hard and fiddly and ruins the flow of the game unless you are a platform god.

 

Fair enough the originals were meant to be really hard too.

 

Given me mario any day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Second bonus area in Crash 4 and I get stuck behind some metal crates for ages because it tells me I need to hold the stick in some way to double jump over them. I search the internet to work out what's wrong and discover there is a crouch button that you hold to do a double high jump, which it doesn't tell you about in the controls menu either because I'd checked that too. 

 

If a game can't even get the tutorial right...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rafaqat said:

Went off to claim the games (that I don't play) and found my sub expired on 3rd July. Sad times.

 

You are not missing much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Fatsam said:

Second bonus area in Crash 4 and I get stuck behind some metal crates for ages because it tells me I need to hold the stick in some way to double jump over them. I search the internet to work out what's wrong and discover there is a crouch button that you hold to do a double high jump, which it doesn't tell you about in the controls menu either because I'd checked that too. 

 

If a game can't even get the tutorial right...

The crouch/double jump combo is badly laid out on the pad too. Holding down circle and then double pressing X is ergonomically rubbish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/07/2022 at 16:57, hmm said:

 

I haven't spent that long with it, and I don't think that it'd really hold my interest either way, but it did seem needlessly fiddly and difficult right from the get-go.

 

So no, not really. Currently letting my daughter give it a whirl instead. Fairly inexplicably, it's rated 12?

 

I was surprised to hear the word bastard during a cut scene therefore I guess that is why!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.