IGNORED

Shin-chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation - Attack of the Friday Dinosaurs!

Keyboard Koala

2x1_NSwitchDS_ShinChanMeAndTheProfessorO

screenshot06

Hiroshi has to go on a business trip to Kyushu, so now the entire Nohara family has decided to stay with an childhood friend of Misae's in Assou, Kumamoto.
But when they arrive at Kumamoto Station on their way to Assou, they meet a strange man who offers them an even stranger camera on the condition that they'll act as his witnesses...

With his new camera in hand, Shinnosuke can enjoy his summer vacation in the beautiful Assou fields and mountains to the fullest. The scenery is even crawling with creatures that he would never find in Kasukabe. And there are townspeople to help and new friends to make.
That said...don't these kids look an awful lot like the ones he knows from home?

One cool summer night, Shinnosuke witnesses a giant creature outlined against the light of a full moon. Next to the creature is a strange man with a wide smile.
It's the same weird man who gave him the camera at the station...
And he calls himself the Evil Professor. Following this encounter more and more strange things start to happen around Assou...

This particular release was first made available in Japan in 2021 and is a lot more fleshed out than that endless runner based on Crayon Shin-chan from a few years ago.

It's a game where you explore a town as the series' infamous five-year-old protagonist - taking pictures, fishing, catching bugs, exercising, spotting dinosaurs and more. It's a bit similar to series like Animal Crossing and Story of Seasons.

It's published by Neos Corporation and developed by Millennium Kitchen - the team known for the My Summer Vacation series, and the utterly delightful Attack of the Friday Monsters on the 3DS from a few years ago.

It's also been confirmed the game will support English, Japanese, German, Spanish, and Portuguese subtitles.

Debut trailer:

>>  Official website

Coming this August!

XYODdQi.png

It really is.

Attack of the Friday Monsters managed to capture that feeling of being a kid during Summer holidays perfectly. And this looks like more of the same but bigger and with Shin-chan. What's not to love?

2 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

It's a game where you explore a town as the series' infamous five-year-old protagonist - taking pictures, fishing, catching bugs, exercising, spotting dinosaurs and more.

Like taking a bath with yer da.

5 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

the utterly delightful Attack of the Friday Monsters

That’s exactly what I thought of as soon as I saw this.

It even features huge dinosaurs!

Befriend the other kids in Assou and you'll be able to duke it out in Dinosaur Showdown ! It's a place where both powerful dinosaurs and familiar characters collide! You can collect Dino Cards by buying Chocobi from the Kirishima Store!

• 1 month later...

£30 on eShop though. Hate to say it but that's enough to make me consider the physical release through Limited Run, although that'll probably be delivered when this is about half price in a sale.

Just did a few hours on this one, and I can confirm that if you liked Attack Of The Friday Monsters, you'll love this too. Unless you can't stand the Crayon Shin-chan series of course.

Polygon.com:

Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation is the best, perhaps only, chance on the horizon for English-speaking players to get the My Summer Vacation experience.

I’ve heard so much good about summer vacation and I watched Shin-Chan a bit when they had the English dub on TV years ago.

Really the kind of game I would rather have physical so I’ll be checking deku deals with interest while I wait for the inevitable big price drop.

I love the Summer Vacation games but the Shin Chan aspect just kills my interest in this one big time so I never picked it up. Glad it got an English release though, it's a real shame that the rest of the Summer Vacation games are stuck in Japanese, they're really a worthwhile gaming experience.