IGNORED

Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - It's over!

Benny

6 hours ago, Benny said:

The game felt too tight, too bouncy, too unfair. Yes I realise this is Mario Kart we’re talking about here. I did really enjoy the Game Boy Advance game however, which kind of felt like an improved version of Super Mario Kart. If you put both games in front of me right now… I’d go for Super Circuit.

Yes. I don’t dislike games like 7 or 8, but Super Circuit feels like a proper sequel - doing enough to feel updated and new (well, for the time) without throwing in too many gimmicks. The SNES game is still great but I do get the feeling of “why would I play this when Super Circuit exists?” :P 

• Benny changed the title to Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - Now showing: 35-31 (hipsters with guitars, public health warnings, the longest cart ride of your life, goddamn vampires and family men)

I actually did a different kind of review for Slay the Spire for the Games of 2019 thread, but that one was more of a creative writing exercise because I'm weird:

Take the piss all you want. His points are perfectly valid if you spend a lot of time with Mario Kart.

SMK and MK8D for me. Everything in-between now feels largely redundant. Plus, fire hopping isn’t anywhere nearly as annoying (or destructive to controllers) as snaking in F-Zero GX.

5 hours ago, BabelRich said:

Absolutely perfect write up of Slay the Spire. 

Misses the point that it's now available on everything by just mentioning switch.

I think I have playable versions now on Xbox, iOS, PC, PS4/5, Switch and MacOS. And I play it regularly on at least two of those (or three if I count the iPhone and iPad separately), and when I run out of ideas on any of the others.

Except that a Switch was only mentioned because it tied into the narrative. I'm not writing buyer's guides here, you've got IGN for that.

• Benny changed the title to Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - Now showing: HOTPICK #4 (I'm not putting my lips on that)

I was actually looking up those White Label releases yesterday, as I remember getting Full Throttle and The Dig in a great value double pack. I seem to remember they were £15 boxes at the the time, but it's proved really difficult to actually find any info about them on the internet.

FULL-THROTTLE-THE-DIG-Double-Pack-Pc.jpg

Yeah, I had a Sam 'n' Max/Day of the Tentacle White Label double pack (to 'upgrade' my original floppy disk versions), what a set :wub:

13 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Yeah, I had a Sam 'n' Max/Day of the Tentacle White Label double pack (to 'upgrade' my original floppy disk versions), what a set :wub:

I also got that one for the same reasons. I'd played floppy versions of DotT and the Monkey Island games before that.

You could also get X-Wing and Tie Fighter collector's CDs on the White Label as well.

I've gradually replaced what few of my White Label (and other budget rerelease) PC games weren't already lost; still got a few left though!

20220802_105228_copy_1600x1200.thumb.jpg.ede778933b05700be07d9807eeb80214.jpg

20220802_105559_copy_1600x1200.thumb.jpg.638e439bc9495fddb5476178b3c2daaf.jpg

• Benny changed the title to Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - Now showing: 30-28 (oh Nintendo, radioactive garbage, and wild cards)
2 hours ago, FalconGR said:

I feel like the 45-50 grouping has been robbed relative to some of the games that have appeared since. 

Like I said: the Edge 6 of the awards.

• Benny changed the title to Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - It's over!