IGNORED

Football thread 2022/23

Naysonymous

3 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

If this was any other club they'd be in court. Absolutely no sympathy for the players who forced moves to this facade of a club either. 

I won’t link it here because it was the shitty Sun, but they had the headline yesterday that Martin Braithwaite is holding Barcelona to ransom by refusing to leave until they pay his contract in full. 

WTAF as if it somehow Braithwaite who is the one at fault that the club are refusing to honour their contract with him, while simultaneously falling over themselves to bring in new players.  

Plenty of other media outlets are giving similar biased reporting in favour of Barca and it stinks.  Just about any other club behaving this outrageously would be sanctioned in a heartbeat, yet where are UEFA?  

Bordeaux as a recent example were relegated to the French 3rd division for financial irregularities totalling 40 million Euro, a fraction of what Barca is getting away.  Barca as it happens owe Bordeaux 10 million Euro they have yet to cough up!!!!

1 minute ago, neoELITE said:

Liverpool will be lucky to make the top six this season if they allow teams to bully them off the ball in midfield. Fulham are streets ahead. 

That aged well 

2 minutes ago, bradigor said:

That aged well 

The first point is well made though, they've been the better side and have really put us under pressure in midfield. 

Must do better.

1 minute ago, ilpostino said:

The first point is well made though, they've been the better side and have really put us under pressure in midfield. 

Must do better.

Oh yeah, completely agree. But come on timing was perfect

4 minutes ago, bradigor said:

That aged well 

I actually want a Liverpool win. They're in my accumulator. I just think they're lightweight in midfield and aren't handling the Fulham press. 

Just now, neoELITE said:

I actually want a Liverpool win. They're in my accumulator. I just think they're lightweight in midfield and aren't handling the Fulham press. 

We do need some more strength in midfield in all fairness

25 minutes ago, Waggo said:

I won’t link it here because it was the shitty Sun, but they had the headline yesterday that Martin Braithwaite is holding Barcelona to ransom by refusing to leave until they pay his contract in full. 

WTAF as if it somehow Braithwaite who is the one at fault that the club are refusing to honour their contract with him, while simultaneously falling over themselves to bring in new players.  

Ah, no, sorry - I have total sympathy for current players owed wages and I hope De Jong, Braithwaite, Depay etc  hold them to every cent.

I just don't understand why players this summer forced moves there, they must know all isn't well. Total idiocy. 

That was a really good match. Liverpool hit the woodwork two or three times, but Fulham definitely deserved at least a point.  If they can get a shift like that out of Mitrovic every week they'll do well.

13 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

That was a really good match. Liverpool hit the woodwork two or three times, but Fulham definitely deserved at least a point.  If they can get a shift like that out of Mitrovic every week they'll do well.

He’ll probably next score again in October if his last premier league campaign is anything to go by.

4 minutes ago, glb said:

He’ll probably next score again in October if his last premier league campaign is anything to go by.

Fulham are a different animal this season. They've got a lot of creativity in creating chances for him. If I was a manager of a club who are mid table usually, I'd have broken the bank for him. Someone like West Ham or Wolves or Everton could do with a player like Mitrovic. 

Last season, he was looking likely to score 40 in a season. That's ridiculous by any standard in the Championship. 

10 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Fulham are a different animal this season. They've got a lot of creativity in creating chances for him. If I was a manager of a club who are mid table usually, I'd have broken the bank for him. Someone like West Ham or Wolves or Everton could do with a player like Mitrovic. 

Last season, he was looking likely to score 40 in a season. That's ridiculous by any standard in the Championship. 

He scored over 40. Still don’t think he scores more than his shirt number in the top flight.

Was really good today though, deserved the MOTM.

3 minutes ago, glb said:

He scored over 40. Still don’t think he scores more than his shirt number in the top flight.

Was really good today though, deserved the MOTM.

I meant 50. At one point he was a goal a game away from that. 

39 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Will take a draw just for that.

After 5 minutes, it looks like the other two are fucked now. Welcome back football!

1 hour ago, glb said:

He barely played under Parker, they fell out because he wasn’t quick enough or something. He scored 11 two years before that in the Prem and we were one of the worst teams in Premier League history. 

Anyway I was at an Indian Wedding yesterday and had to be at Craven Cottage for half twelve which seemed like it should be illegal when I woke up. Turns out there are very few hangover cures like watching a team everyone had relegated before the starting whistle play really really well against one of the best teams in the world. I’d have bitten your hand off for a draw before the game so to come away slightly disappointed we didn’t win speaks volumes. 

Also lovely to see the Hammy end singing “Fabio Carvallho” as he warmed up, before switching to “fuck off Harvey Elliot” to (somehow) the same tune. Elliot laughed and gave us a clap so fair play to him for that at least. 

Football’s good isn’t it?