Football thread 2022/23

Naysonymous

Lampard’s ppg in the league last season was 1.11. A similar return this season would put Everton on course for 42 points. Poor, but almost certainly just enough to stay up.

He only needs to uplift that to around 1.4 ppg to lift them comfortably into mid-table, assuming the standard across that middle section of the league remains similar to last season. And who knows what it’ll be like with the huge break in the middle of the season.

Think they’ll do weird, inconsistent shit like take points off Man City or win the derby only to get humped by Bournemouth.

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

Hope Solo charged with a DUI. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62303518

Shitty situation and she must be punished for drink driving, but credit for accepting her mistake and not making excuses, whilst finding strength to get help. 

Found passed out in a car with her 2 year old twins in the back? If this was a man your response would be different.

6 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Found passed out in a car with her 2 year old twins in the back? If this was a man your response would be different.

No, the fact she owned it and if getting help. She should be punished to the full extent of the law. 

Please don't put words in my mouth 

I dunno, still seems a bit of a glossy celeb non-apology. She's essentially blaming 'the pandemic'. Oh wow, you had to look after your kids, no-one else in the world had to do that. 

19 minutes ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

I dunno, still seems a bit of a glossy celeb non-apology. She's essentially blaming 'the pandemic'. Oh wow, you had to look after your kids, no-one else in the world had to do that. 

Not really, she states that during the pandemic, she let alcohol take over and under-estimated the hold it can have. To me she is framing why it happened, rather than makling an excuse for it. Again, she should be fully punished and shouldn't get away with it due to being a known figure. 

I've seen friends get taken over by things because of the pandemic as well, so again, it isn't a celebrity thing at all. 

19 minutes ago, deerokus said:

She was accused of domestic abuse in the past. Had a long standing drink problem it seems.

Is this an old story? I'm sure I read somewhere about something similar happening a little while ago.

6 hours ago, layten said:

Well, at least it isn't a gambling firm.

Hopefully they will help us vacuum up a few extra points. (I have no shame)

100% behind this. Listening to the old fucks moaning today because we now have a sponsored stadium ‘sucking the identity’ out of Brentford makes me chuckle/despair. 

It’s not a gambling / booze / crypto

It’s not a big faceless corporate

Its a low profile UK based tech company. And apparently I might get a discount on a new hoover. Sweet. 

17 hours ago, Azrael said:

Dwight McNeil wanting relegated 2 seasons running then?

Going to be funny to see his and Tarkowski's faces when Dyche is installed as manager around Christmas.

15 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Looks like the 29 year old accused of rape has been named by one of his accusers on twitter...

She’s spent the last few hours explaining what happened and her evidence. Avoid if this kind of thing triggers you. She’s also getting the same old trolling pushback as well.