IGNORED

Persona 5 Royal, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable coming to PC/XB1/Game Pass/Series/Switch/PS4/PS5

Qazimod

What will be your new platform of choice (you can tick several)  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

P3 has less "variety" - the continued returns to Tartarus can get a bit samey - but it has some of the best atmosphere in the series outside of maybe 1 and 2. It's this weird bleak vibe of the impending thing that the story builds towards... juxtaposed with casual schooltime lols. :D 

Tartarus is far, far better than Mementos

On 12/06/2022 at 21:35, Benny said:

I was always putting it off at the idea of needing to pay for something that might turn out to be too weeby for me but now I have no recourse.

Be warned that there are some iffy moments with characterisation (in all three games) that you might not get on with - school vacations where the guy characters talk about the girls arriving in swimsuits, or try and pick up girls in town - but it's not packed with too much of that shit and there's nothing particularly explicit. You just need to give it an eyeroll and press on.

Also the social link stuff can be seen as dating-sim-lite (think of the Drink Links in Yakuza LaD) but again it's pretty clean and you can nudge the direction from romantic to "just friends" with certain dialogue choices. Or just choose not to hang out with the girls at all.

The only narrative aspect that I find kind of cringey is

Spoiler

each social link has a character working through a personal dilemma or hardship, and you help them through it, but the resolution is always very "senpai you're the best it was all thanks to you that I did the thing" rather than framing it as a personal victory. But whatever.

I love P4G, and P5 was great (I never played Royal), but bugger me if these games aren't long. I might give 3 another go, when it eventually arrives, as I tried it on PS2 but gave up after a while. Do we know if 3 is being upscaled or remastered on anyway?

35 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Persona 4 Golden is the greatest game ever made. If it doesn't come to Switch or PS5 I'm going to cut somebody.

On CARTRIDGE !!! So I can keep it sealed 😛

1 hour ago, Benny said:

I was always putting it off at the idea of needing to pay for something that might turn out to be too weeby for me but now I have no recourse.

It's pure distilled weeb, but also great. P5 has a banger soundtrack.

Id recommend 4 and 5 for anyone wanting to try these. 3 i struggled with the pacing, there can be hours and hours and hours of dungeon stuff with no story, then you get loads of story bits all bundled together too, i think there is a good game in there, if you dont think that would be annoying, but overall i dont like 3, the music is great mind. Id say try 4/5 first and if you still want to try 3 after that go for it. Theres no story reasons to play them in order.

27 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

This autumn. :) They've already expressed intent to make a 6, so it's definitely a thing.

But now that this news has surfaced it's anyone's guess to what platform(s) it will be on.

It's Atlus, god knows what they'll do :lol: It could still turn out to be a Vita exclusive somehow :lol:

Best case scenario, it comes to PS5, Series, and Switch. But even with yesterday's Xbox announcement I wouldn't be surprised if it's another Switch exclusive.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

It's Atlus, god knows what they'll do :lol: It could still turn out to be a Vita exclusive somehow :lol:

Best case scenario, it comes to PS5, Series, and Switch. But even with yesterday's Xbox announcement I wouldn't be surprised if it's another Switch exclusive.

Nah, Atlas is one of those companies that are usually dead set on 'this series = this platform' mentality before the Sega buyout, so if any exclusivity was going to happen for a new Persona, it would have been PS5 all the way.

Hell, I think the biggest difference that the Sega buyout will make is that they'll ensure you can buy Persona 6 on something other than a physical disk at launch! :lol:

Going to Steam and then Game Pass with the Yakuza series was a huge success for Sega from what I've heard. Makes sense that they're keen to do it again with Persona. I really hope they'll go full multiplatform for P6.

10 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Do we know if 3 is being upscaled or remastered on anyway?

If it's Portable it would need to be a higher res than the PSP screen :D But honestly, if you play it on PPSSPP it still looks alright - it's that weird blend of low-poly flat colour and sharpness from PSP emulation. IIRC the only fuzzy bits are the static backdrops as you navigate towns and have S.Link conversations, but the scene might have improved things since I last had a look.

• Qazimod changed the title to Persona 5 Royal, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable coming to PC/XB1/Series, Game Pass, (reportedly) PS5

Unsurprisingly, this was one of the 25th anniversary announcements Atlus had planned for this year (scroll down to the bit that says "Persona 25th Anniversary Project: 2021-2022"). It looks like two more reveals are planned in the future, with the last one (obvs P6) being unveiled in "Autumn".

P6 will be announced at the end of the Super Live concert I bet, same way Royal was announced. I still love the audience reaction to that

Brilliant way to announce a game

Think it's how they announced vanilla P5 too

I love Persona and this is great news especially as I was trying to find my PSP charger the other day to play P3P BUT god I really really want these on Switch too!

I was quite late to the party when it comes to this franchise and only started playing P5 (original PS4 release) last year. I loved it. But now that the Royal version is coming to Game Pass, I was wondering if it's different enough from the vanilla version to play through again, or is it just some added fluff?

• Qazimod changed the title to Persona 5 Royal, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable coming to PC/XB1/Game Pass/Series/Switch/PS4/PS5