IGNORED

Persona 5 Royal, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable coming to PC/XB1/Game Pass/Series/Switch/PS4/PS5

Qazimod

What will be your new platform of choice (you can tick several)  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You can play as a female MC in P3P but I missed the exploration FES had. P4G is the best version and the original release was never going to happen due to them changing Chies voice actress. 

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

You can play as a female MC in P3P but I missed the exploration FES had.

More crucially, P3P has direct control over the party. I love the "full" experience of the PS2 games but that was always a pain.

Nope. Unless it was in a regional release?

List of Tactics
Act Freely: Party members will mainly attack enemies, but will heal heavily injured party members and focus on knocking down enemies/finishing those already weakened.
Full Assault: Party members will only attack a single enemy until it dies. They will not heal, use support skills, or try to knock down all enemies. Available after third Full Moon operation in Persona 3.
Conserve SP: Same as Act Freely, but party members won't use any skills that use SP, except Spirit Drain. Available after first Full Moon operation in Persona 3.
Heal/Support: Party members will prioritize healing and using support skills (buffs, debuffs, status skills and breaks). They will only attack if the party is at full HP and all buffs/debuffs/statuses/breaks are set.
Direct Commands: Allows the player to directly control party members. Absent in Persona 3 and Persona 3 FES.

https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Tactics

I have the disc but I'd have to download PCSX2 and rip a "backup" to check 😥

I did complete the game on PS3 and thought you could. Clearly my memory is going.

To try and cover for my mistake I'd definitely recommend playing as the feMC on P3P just for the new music.

Here's a Gamer Thing. I have P3P on PSP emulation and it runs beautifully. I have a modified version of P3 FES for PS2 emulation where you can control individual party members. I have P4G on Steam, and P5R on PS4.

I'm still excited about this.

Would have liked P5R to be on Steam for deck-based reasons, but it's not like I can't just play it from the cloud. It's not really a game that requires exact input timing.

I can understand P3P being put ahead of FES, but it's a little disappointing there's no version that will combine the two - even if it's just shoehorning The Answer into P3P.

Either way, it's a good thing for Game Pass, and a step forward for Atlus bringing out their games everywhere.

17 minutes ago, Siri said:

Would have liked P5R to be on Steam for deck-based reasons, but it's not like I can't just play it from the cloud. It's not really a game that requires exact input timing.

I can understand P3P being put ahead of FES, but it's a little disappointing there's no version that will combine the two - even if it's just shoehorning The Answer into P3P.

Either way, it's a good thing for Game Pass, and a step forward for Atlus bringing out their games everywhere.

I played alot of 5 (vanilla) via remote play on my Vita

13 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Is the Royal version of P5 better? I seem to recall some discussion at the time that it wasn't as much of a slam dunk as Golden.

The P5->Royal jump is about equivalent to P4->Golden, which is to say very generous. There's the new character Kasumi, an entirely new semester and chunk of story/dungeon at the end (albeit gated behind choices earlier in the game), new confidants, some tweaked confidant scenes, new events, new demons, I think there's new gear, and there's a whole suite of bonus distractions in the Thieves Den, where you earn currency to decorate a personalised area, view a gallery of sorts, play some minigame stuff (Tycoon?) and there are also some unique character interactions in this den area.

It's enough for me to recommend Royal to anyone who wants to jump in on 5. Although having vanilla 5 in the PS+ collection was never a bad thing!

For noobs who have never played any of them and are confused by all this different versions talk. Should we play these in order starting on 3 ? Or jump to a later one ? Does it even matter the order you play them ? I'm not sure if there is an over arching story.

1 minute ago, Orion said:

Does it even matter the order you play them ?

Nope - they're all separate stories and experiences. The most you'll miss out on are some tiny easter egg-level references that they inserted for people who played the other games.

I really didn't like 5 much, especially after Golden. 

Goddamn, now I'm wishing there was a new Shadow Hearts. The sequels were as quirky as Like A Dragon. Such a great series.

But yeah, more Persona on Xbox can only be a good thing. (Did Arena count? Probably not)

19 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

The P5->Royal jump is about equivalent to P4->Golden, which is to say very generous. There's the new character Kasumi, an entirely new semester and chunk of story/dungeon at the end (albeit gated behind choices earlier in the game), new confidants, some tweaked confidant scenes, new events, new demons, I think there's new gear, and there's a whole suite of bonus distractions in the Thieves Den, where you earn currency to decorate a personalised area, view a gallery of sorts, play some minigame stuff (Tycoon?) and there are also some unique character interactions in this den area.

It's enough for me to recommend Royal to anyone who wants to jump in on 5. Although having vanilla 5 in the PS+ collection was never a bad thing!

Should add that other than the streamlining and tweaks to the mechanics, you can mostly experience P5 by playing the game and not unlocking the Royal content.

I think if you're the kind of person who would care about that choice, you would've found a way to play P5 somehow. P5R is a fine package and worth it for [redacted]. IMO of course.

1 hour ago, Qazimod said:

Nope. Unless it was in a regional release?

https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Tactics

I have the disc but I'd have to download PCSX2 and rip a "backup" to check 😥

I thought you could too, but I may well be wrong. I have FES on my PS3, so will go and check now.

As it mentioned no exclusivity, hoping P3P and P4G come to PS5 too. Got them on my Vita but would be nice to have them on the big screen

Very excited. I've been very strong in not buying a Playstation just for P5. 

But pretty bad that the only thing I got particularly excited about in these announcements is one Playstation port. 

1 hour ago, Siri said:

I just thought: if modders can get Mass Destruction playing in battles for FeMC's story. Oh baby. Baby. Babybabybaby...

38 minutes ago, Orion said:

For noobs who have never played any of them and are confused by all this different versions talk. Should we play these in order starting on 3 ? Or jump to a later one ? Does it even matter the order you play them ? I'm not sure if there is an over arching story.

I think Persona 3 is the best one so I'd start there but you can choose anyone you like. The later games have a lot more fanservice and anime tropes which can put people off. 

8 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

I thought you could too, but I may well be wrong. I have FES on my PS3, so will go and check now.

As it mentioned no exclusivity, hoping P3P and P4G come to PS5 too. Got them on my Vita but would be nice to have them on the big screen

Well blow me down with a feather, no direct control in FES. I completed it too, can't believe I misremembered that. 

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

I think Persona 3 is the best one so I'd start there but you can choose anyone you like. The later games have a lot more fanservice and anime tropes which can put people off. 

I agree that P3 is the best, amazing game, I would start with that too

2 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Well blow me down with a feather, no direct control in FES. I completed it too, can't believe I misremembered that. 

I've just had the exact same experience loading up an old save as well. Maybe this is the nerdier Berenstsin Bears conspiracy theory. 

P3 has less "variety" - the continued returns to Tartarus can get a bit samey - but it has some of the best atmosphere in the series outside of maybe 1 and 2. It's this weird bleak vibe of the impending thing that the story builds towards... juxtaposed with casual schooltime lols. :D 

2 minutes ago, ryodi said:

I've just had the exact same experience loading up an old save as well. Maybe this is the nerdier Berenstsin Bears conspiracy theory. 

Weird. Just got my PS3 back from boys who don't play it anymore and realised I had never played The Answer so just started that