IGNORED

An actual stone cold classic movie.

2 hours ago, Stejay said:

I'd like to put The Shawshank Redemption forward, but then my own damn wife doesn't even get it, so with that in mind I'll go with Big.

42 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Shawshank Redemption?

IIRC Lordcookie really dislikes it!

Good Bad and the Ugly. 

I made a post about this a few months ago, but I was blown away how good this film was. Plus I'm don't even like the genre and why its taken me so long to watch it finally.

Heat is another one.

15 minutes ago, Sidewaysbob said:

The problem with the Shawshank Redemption is the end though. It should end with the tunnel revel, the meeting under the tree is smultzy as hell. 

Nah. Andy deserves that payoff and so do we.

59 minutes ago, Sidewaysbob said:

The problem with the Shawshank Redemption is the end though. It should end with the tunnel revel, the meeting under the tree is smultzy as hell. 

“Promise me, Red. If you ever get out… find that spot. At the base of that wall, you’ll find a rock that has no earthly business in a Maine hayfield. Piece of black, volcanic glass. There’s something buried under it. It’s me! Big reveal. I was under the rock. I’ve been living on grubs and worms and waiting for you to come find me.”

4 hours ago, Haribokart said:

I genuinely think Toy Story 2 is fucking awful cringe. Not a huge fan of the franchise overall, the third is the only one I find to be great.

When it comes to Pixar, Ratatouille is unbeatable.

Whereas I hate the third. That big purple bear can fuck off. The forth is no great shakes either.

7 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

But. There have to be some movies that absolutely everyone loves. 

Can you think of one movie that not even your cool top knot wearing hipster friend would sneer at? 

I can do one better, a movie that every top knot wearing hipster friend is directly inspired by and couldn't hate: Yojimbo.

15 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Whereas I hate the third. That big purple bear can fuck off. The forth is no great shakes either.

Absolutely, TS2 had said everything the films had to say. TS3 and 4 add nothing. 3 reverses what 2 says, and 4 is just a load of shit.

55 minutes ago, Sidewaysbob said:

All right then. 

Spiderman into the spider-verse.. 

That is just fabulous from start to finish. It the best superhero movie of all time. 

Sorry!

(I thought it started wonderfully, and if it had retained that inventiveness and energy throughout I might have been more engaged, but I was tuning out by the halfway point).

3 hours ago, Sabreman said:

Sorry!

(I thought it started wonderfully, and if it had retained that inventiveness and energy throughout I might have been more engaged, but I was tuning out by the halfway point).

Yeah, me too, without the 'started wonderfully' and the bit about retaining inventiveness and energy...no I can't remember the beginning. I just never got into it, I've kept this secret to myself because everyone else thinks it's the peak of comic book films. 

I thought I was the only one who was a bit alan partridge shrugged shoulders about it. 

Tbh my first thought in entering this thread was Enemy Of The State, I just love that film. I'll put on ignore anyone who slates it and I don't think of myself as petty but then things like this reveal that I am so that ignore will likely remain for as long as rllmuk continues to run. 

also while I'm here I saw Jaws for the first time in a packed cinema about 7 years ago and just. it was fine that's all. I don’t get the big deal. It's as good as a film about guys in a boat going out to kill a shark but that's not saying much. 

I realise the irony of slating a lot of popular films

actually I might go over to letterboxd to see how the deranged ones put their dislike of it. 

I saw Jaws literally last weekend and, yeah, it’s fine. Dated a lot. If I’d seen it as a kid in the 70s it would have been the most amazing thing; nowadays not so much. 

I veto anything with Tom Hanks in it. He’s the human equivalent of a Live Laugh Love poster.

No-one has yet come up with a counter-argument for Paddington 2. 

1 hour ago, Danster said:

Gotta be Goodfellas right? Nobody can hate that film.... can they? 

With all that violence in it from the leads you're supposed to like, sure! I once came across dislike of The Terminator who couldn't grasp the pure awesomeness, that threw me. I know not everyone can like everything, but I still think there's got to be a film with no half star ratings and scathing review on letterboxd, one that has slipped through the net of not being popular enough people want to knock it down.