Jump to content

Power Wash Simulator - Coming to Switch And Playstation 31st Jan With DLC!


moosegrinder
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I think the two are related. There must be something about extended GR use that fucks the game.

The game deffo has some issues with quick resume.  I was using QR all the time and then had a few achievements not register.  After fully quitting and restarting the game they were working again, one popped immediately and I had to re-earn the other two

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, deerokus said:

I saw a guy in Glasgow city centre using one to clean the paving stones outside st Enoch centre the other day. Wonderful job!

 

 

There is a whole world of power washing videos on YouTube. Like the game oddly compelling and relaxing.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Orion said:

 

There is a whole world of power washing videos on YouTube. Like the game oddly compelling and relaxing.

 

 

 


That POV at the start :wub:

 

Instinctively wanted to press right on a d-pad to check nothing was missed.

 

I think I’m going to ask for a pressure washer for Christmas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought the carousel crashed on competition last night. Wouldn't let me hit menu button (or anything) to pull up the tablet. Worked after a couple of minutes, I think the replay was so taxing for the XB1 that it just took a minute to put together.

 

Worth leaving it if you see similar.

 

Doing that level without turning it off was both interesting and annoying :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/08/2022 at 14:22, moosegrinder said:

All throughout the game I've basically been Quick Resuming and carrying on with no problems. After a few long sessions I finished the last level, only for it to bug out on the job completion and wouldn't let me open the tablet.

 

"No worries," says I, "It saves frequently and even if it hasn't done the last 20% or so we'll be fine." And closed the game to restart it.

 

When I go back to the job it's only 22% complete. Meaning it's not saved for about 3 days.

 

I'm fucking livid.

 

I had exactly the same thing happen to me, it also went back to about 20%. I did it back up to the mid 30s and it was back at 20 odd again the next day. In the end I started loading one of the specials after each session to ensure it had saved my progress.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TehStu said:

I thought the carousel crashed on competition last night. Wouldn't let me hit menu button (or anything) to pull up the tablet. Worked after a couple of minutes, I think the replay was so taxing for the XB1 that it just took a minute to put together.

 

Worth leaving it if you see similar.

 

Doing that level without turning it off was both interesting and annoying :)

Ok, so I did complete it because as soon as I turned it on from Sydney yesterday the achievement for cleaning it without turning it off dinged. I'm guessing the game isn't super popular given every one seems to be rare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Ok, so I did complete it because as soon as I turned it on from Sydney yesterday the achievement for cleaning it without turning it off dinged. I'm guessing the game isn't super popular given every one seems to be rare.

 

Well it's not going to do CoD numbers but the 5 star achievement 70.26% have got and Prime Vista 1500 and 3 attachments is 26.80% so it's probably just because they're specifically to do a level in a certain way and people just don't chase achievements any more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last level now at 30% clean. Do like the murals inside, enjoyed the reveal for those.

 

Quite a satisfying structure to de-grime so far, even if it will take at least two more lengthy sessions to finish.

 

That aside I still cannot get anywhere with the challenges. Think once the last level is done I’ll give them a couple more goes but finishing the specials is more appealing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TehStu said:

I thought the carousel crashed on competition last night. Wouldn't let me hit menu button (or anything) to pull up the tablet. Worked after a couple of minutes, I think the replay was so taxing for the XB1 that it just took a minute to put together.

 

Worth leaving it if you see similar.

 

Doing that level without turning it off was both interesting and annoying :)

 

I switched the carousel off after a few minutes into starting it. The final parts to do were 4 horse poles which I couldn't get clean. I switched over to the Drill and also the treehouse. Went back eventually, started the carousel, the poles cleaned in seconds and the achievement popped unexpectedly. 

 

I'm on to the Temple  covered in shit according to the messages. Just bought the max level washer. Hating myself more than ever but it keeps dragging me back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

I switched the carousel off after a few minutes into starting it. The final parts to do were 4 horse poles which I couldn't get clean. I switched over to the Drill and also the treehouse. Went back eventually, started the carousel, the poles cleaned in seconds and the achievement popped unexpectedly. 

I had the same happen.

  • Got carousel to 99% but could not complete it
  • Did a few later levels
  • Went back to carousel and finished it off while it was going round
  • Achievement popped

As it happened the reason why I was stuck at 99% turned out to be that a couple of the poles had dirt on them that was only accessible while they were actually moving up and down!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last time I played I was working on the Fishing Boat - having a quick look, two jobs left after that, so I'll probably crack on later this week and finally put my power washing stint to bed before Path of Exile season kicks up again.

 

I've had a great time, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The horse poles were a pain, I just sat in front of and behind them and panned up and down as they moved.

 

Got the pro washer last night, half way through the tree house. I feel like I should be physically moving backwards out blasts water out so quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aaaaaand done. The town is clean thanks to an ocean of water funnelled through a Pro washer.

 

Lovely game, but one I could never explain to non-gaming friends. It’ll be my grubby (then jet-washed clean) little secret. They’ll never know the beauty of virtual power washing.

 

When’s the sequel out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, glb said:

Aaaaaand done. The town is clean thanks to an ocean of water funnelled through a Pro washer.

 

Lovely game, but one I could never explain to non-gaming friends. It’ll be my grubby (then jet-washed clean) little secret. They’ll never know the beauty of virtual power washing.

 

When’s the sequel out?


Sequel is already out. It’s called your garden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The subway station is the first level where I've felt truly daunted by the size of the task ahead of me. When I first started I just sort of wandered around it for a couple of minutes in dismay, looking at the sheer size of the thing and the layers of filth. Then I picked something as small as I could to start with, just to feel like I was achieving something. Even now, at about 50% through, I'm finding I'm just focusing on one item at a time, not really looking up to see the rest of the level because I just get dispirited when I do.

 

Is it just me though or is the storytelling in this game quietly brilliant? I know it's only told through text messages but the way they build up a strong cast of characters and then start to bring the storylines together is quite ingenious. I really want to know what's happened to all the cats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually randomly stumbled around the speedrun.com leaderboards a few weeks back. It's a shame the runs feel essentially unwatchable due to all the crazy screen waggling to move the washer. It could maybe do with a viewer friendly category in which people are forced to use the mode where just the washer moves and not the whole screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I knocked the gnome off the temple roof, despite only gently clipping it with the edge of the white nozzle's stream. I stopped immediately and watched in horror as the physics engine shat itself and caused the gnome to start rocking back and forth faster and faster until it fell.

 

I picked it up and put it back - will the achievement still count, when I finally finish the level?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I knocked the gnome off the temple roof, despite only gently clipping it with the edge of the white nozzle's stream. I stopped immediately and watched in horror as the physics engine shat itself and caused the gnome to start rocking back and forth faster and faster until it fell.

 

I picked it up and put it back - will the achievement still count, when I finally finish the level?

 

It doesn't matter if you knock it off (I did and got the achievement). It only has to be on at the end.

 

I assume you can put it back but that's too much like hard work.

 

The cheat... Reloading the level always puts the gnome back on the roof.

 

That definitely works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

The cheat... Reloading the level always puts the gnome back on the roof.

 

Wait, what. Like changing to a different job and then back to this one? I carried that damn thing back up the rooftop, which was A Lot Of Work given you can't jump while holding it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Wait, what. Like changing to a different job and then back to this one? I carried that damn thing back up the rooftop, which was A Lot Of Work given you can't jump while holding it.

 

Yep. Exactly like that (although on PC I use the "quit to desktop" option and then restart so no need to actually start a different job and I'm sure it has saved this way).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • moosegrinder changed the title to Power Wash Simulator - Coming to Switch And Playstation 31st Jan With DLC!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.