IGNORED

Resident Evil 4 REmake - March 24th 2023

Wouldn't count on that too much.

The big Capcom leak, which was basically a roadmap til 2025, mentions several new RE games (and this RE 4 REmake). But there's no talk of any more REmakes after this one.

There will be more RE games just no more REmakes I suppose.

Spoiler

Resident Evil Village online mode. Will have a battle pass, free content updates and tie-in content with Resident Evil Revelations 3.
Resident Evil Revelations 3, planned for September 2021 announcement and FY21 release.

New Ghosts 'n' Goblins title (Project Guillotine) for Switch February 25, PS4/XB1/PC June 1. 'Arcade Stadium' (Project Reiwa) for Switch February 18, other platforms ???

Resident Evil 4 for Oculus VR. (Dusk Golem says this is separate from the RE4 remake project.)

New Shooter Multiplayer game codenamed "Shield" geared towards streamers. Real title is "Snappers"

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1+2 western localization confirmed for PS4/NSW/Steam. QOL additions like trophy support and case/chapter select menus. Dual audio for Japanese release, English audio for overseas release. $40 USD price. All DLC from 3DS version included at no additional charge. PS4/NSW physical in Japan, NSW physical in NA, no physical in PAL regions. April 2021 announcement, July 2021 release. AAT+DGS box set for JP only.

Ace Attorney 7 in development, originally targeted Q3 of FY 2021. AA4-6 ports under consideration, depend on the performance of other releases.

Resident Evil Outrage (Q4 FY21 for PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/PC)

Dragon's Dogma 2 (Q2 FY22)

Street Fighter 6 (Q3 FY22), Super Street Fighter 6 (Q4 FY23), Ultra Street Fighter 6 (Q4 FY24)

Rockman Match (Q3 FY22)

New Onimusha game

Monster Hunter Rise G (details)

Monster Hunter 6 (Q2 FY23)

Biohazard Apocalypse (Q3 FY23)

Resident Evil 4 Remake

Final Fight Remake (Q2 FY24)

Power Stone Remake (Q3 FY24)

Captain Commando Remake??

Resident Evil Hunk? (Q4 FY24)

I've spoilered the leak, and highlighted all the things that have already been announced/released in the meantime giving it a lot of credibility.

1 minute ago, Ran said:

The Dragons Dogma 2 part of that is looking increasingly unlikely. 😭

Hopefully it exists and has slipped slightly

So is RE Revelations 3. But this leak dates back to 2020. A lot of disruptions have taken place in the meantime. Lots of Switch slipped too.

36 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

I've already played RE4 loads so playing a reimagined version sounds awesome and a good opportunity to get rid of some of the poorer bits.

Code Veronica can stay in the bin.

Pos’d the first paragraph then immediately redacted. 

2 minutes ago, Ran said:

The Dragons Dogma 2 part of that is looking increasingly unlikely. 😭

Hopefully it exists and has slipped slightly

It will happen. Itsuno wanted to do this after Devil May Cry 5. But COVID probably shook some things up. We still haven't seen gameplay from Pragmata either. But it's something to look forward to because Capcom is on a roll.

16 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Until the inevitable REmake of the REmake of the original Resident Evil? 

Re-REmake would be like some sort of meta extension of the concept behind the reanimated reanimated Crimson Head zombies in that game. 

Incredibly boring speculation alert, but I wonder if you're going to be able to move and shoot at the same time. The inability to do so seems such a fundamental element of the original, but I understand new players tend to find that aspect of the game rather old fashioned. 

Anyway, beyond excited for this. This is The Big One. Nostalgia me up, baby. 

I replayed the original on the PS4 a couple of years ago (still a banger), and I've got the VR version downloaded but unplayed, so I'm hoping they keep the essence of the original but make it their own, like with RE2make.

Loved RE4 but it’s just been re-released so many fucking times at this point. If this was the first one since the original I’d be all over it, but even hearing the name now brings me out in hives. 

I've never actually played it. You leave something on your list of shame for long enough, eventually they'll announce a remake it and then you'll have another excuse to hold off.

5 hours ago, Garibaldi said:

Loved RE4 but it’s just been re-released so many fucking times at this point. If this was the first one since the original I’d be all over it, but even hearing the name now brings me out in hives. 

I reckon, based on previous resi remakes, we could at least see some new content/areas/enemies etc. i hope. 

I'm concerned by mentions of editing and the lack of any shot of the castle.

Despite the numerous re-releases I haven't touched it since the Wii version but only the once. I didn't have the same magic as the original GC release. Battling through the castle, killing tiny prince and feeling I've completed a massive and awesome game and the "insert disc 2" message appearing was perfect. I think a streamlined version would cut moments that felt iconic when you were playing them but afterwards faded because something else came up.

'Realism' has been the key word in the RE2 and RE3 remakes, and that's the excuse given for a lot of the content cut from both. RE2 had a good chunk of different content added to make up for it, whereas RE3 lost whole sections without much in the way of compensation and was widely criticised for that fact, so whilst I expect them to lose some of the sillier bits of RE4 (the castle and giant robot, maybe?), they might add new stuff to make up for it. 

I watched the trailer.

It actually looked really good...

It's the world's most pointless remake, so it's actually a good thing that they're going for a different tone and vibe.

Because they ain't catching that lighting in a bottle again, so may as well do their own thing.

4 hours ago, NoVisAnima said:

I'm concerned by mentions of editing and the lack of any shot of the castle.

Despite the numerous re-releases I haven't touched it since the Wii version but only the once. I didn't have the same magic as the original GC release. Battling through the castle, killing tiny prince and feeling I've completed a massive and awesome game and the "insert disc 2" message appearing was perfect. I think a streamlined version would cut moments that felt iconic when you were playing them but afterwards faded because something else came up.

The castle is there shut up. Trailer riddled with monks shambling about stone gothic archways, watch it again.

4 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

'Realism' has been the key word in the RE2 and RE3 remakes, and that's the excuse given for a lot of the content cut from both. RE2 had a good chunk of different content added to make up for it, whereas RE3 lost whole sections without much in the way of compensation and was widely criticised for that fact, so whilst I expect them to lose some of the sillier bits of RE4 (the castle and giant robot, maybe?), they might add new stuff to make up for it. 

The castle is there, shut up.

Take the silliness out of Resident Evil 4 and you’re left with a very strange tale indeed. 

Man takes taxi to a Spanish Village.

Man helps a dog.
Man looks up woman’s skirt. 
They drive home on a jet ski. 
Fin.

I really don't care what they do. I will go back to the original game to bask in its splendour regardless.

I suppose this is the biggest chance of a misstep as RE2 and RE3 were both being reworked to accommodate a switch to third person / modern Resi gameplay.

RE4 is the progenitor for that template so there is less to change mechanically (and frankly nothing to correct or make better because it's so fucking perfect!)

Inventory Tetris

Merchant / upgradeable weapons

Immensely satisfying melon head pops

Suplexes

These are essential.

21 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Wouldn't count on that too much.

The big Capcom leak, which was basically a roadmap til 2025, mentions several new RE games (and this RE 4 REmake). But there's no talk of any more REmakes after this one.

There will be more RE games just no more REmakes I suppose.

Hide contents

I've spoilered the leak, and highlighted all the things that have already been announced/released in the meantime giving it a lot of credibility.

There'll be a three year gap between the releases of the 3 and 4 remakes. If that's any sort of reliable indicator for the time needed do one of these remakes then the next one wouldn't be due until 2026. 

I'd be surprised if they stopped after 4 just because they keep selling so well. Resident Evil 2 is closing in on ten million sales at this point while 7 has sold at least a million copies a year since it came out. I've no idea what they'd do next though. Be weird to go back to Code Veronica as you would have thought remaking it now to better bridge the gap between three and four plotwise would have been the right move. Maybe go back to the original again? 

Ideally Capcom would be making more wholly original stuff but I suppose you can't argue with five years straight of record setting profits.