IGNORED

STEALTH ASSASSINS - spiritual sequel to TENCHU? NO OF COURSE NOT

Mr. Gerbik

6 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

You're breaking my heart, man

Heheh.  But my favourite memory of Shinobido was playing the factions off each other!!  I want a more intense version of that. 

(second favourite part was base building & brewing potions - omg breaking the game by diligently making a ludicrously OP sleep potion at the cost of all else was soooo good :D) 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Tokimeki Assassins

Heartbreak Assassins, right?  That actually sounds coolaf. 

Takuma Endo hasn't tweeted about Tenchu since 2016, when he listed all the games Acquire has worked on.

The official Acquire Twitter account hasn't tweeted about Tenchu since 2018, for the series' anniversary.

fwiw

The only Japanese news site that has mentioned anything about Tenchu in relation to the upcoming show is Yahoo jp.

Otherwise most Japanese gaming sites seem to have mentioned Tenchu a few months back in relation to the Kamiwaza remaster, but not since.

I'm at work but I'm too hype 😂

:(:(:(:(:(

They did talk about Tenchu a bunch, about how it was their first game and Endo was still at university while working in on it or something along those lines and then they announced DLC for Akiba's Trip 2 and fuck everything

fat-gordo.gif.24da69e5702b5b34c976a97798022e87.gif

• Mr. Gerbik changed the title to STEALTH ASSASSINS - spiritual sequel to TENCHU? NO OF COURSE NOT

I immediately got 1 like from what seems to be a hardcore Tenchu fan from Qatar. Apparently like me he has set up an alert for the word 'Tenchu' and apparently (also like me) also did so in Japanese "天誅" because that's what I used in my tweet.

I'm not alone!

1412254165_arrested-development-david-cross(1).gif.57451ebde57e952481d98a230849f993.gif

Tenchu Z was good fun.  Hella ropey, but good fun all the same.  1000/1000 gamerpoints here!  There were some properly daft skills tucked away, requiring weird button combinations to execute - and never explained very well  :D

would be on board for a spiritual successor 

10 hours ago, Stoikovich said:

1000/1000 gamerpoints here

Congrats! I'm so jealous 😭 I think I got 15 to 20 levels into easy difficulty before thinking pffft I'll do this some other time. Now I guess my only option is getting a 360 and hooking it up :(

Update on my surprisingly fluent and hell of polite Japanese tweet directed at the director of Tenchu: still no response or extra likes.

On 06/06/2022 at 06:29, Mr. Gerbik said:

Anyway this is out on 13th October on Switch PC PS4:

Remaster of an arcadey PS2 game, running around to steal stuff. I remember thinking it was shite playing it on PS2.

Getting a physical release on both PS4 and Switch. 

At £29.99 I might just try it. Reminds me a bit of God Hand with some Suda51 weirdness mixed in.

42 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Getting a physical release on both PS4 and Switch. 

At £29.99 I might just try it. Reminds me a bit of God Hand with some Suda51 weirdness mixed in.

I'm going to try it too. I didn't like it at all back then, but I came to it thinking "the makers of Tenchu made a game in which you're a Thief!" So it deserves a second shot