IGNORED

(Not) E3 Predictions 2022

Sarlaccfood

Come on then, what do we think will happen this summer?

It’s definitely gone quiet on the gaming news front, so even though we don’t have E3, it looks like some announcements are being held back as the big three will each do a direct of sorts and then Geoff has his summer games fest stretch-out-a-thon.

For my own predictions, nothing too out there but I think we’ll see GBA added to Nintendo online and PSVR2 priced and dated. I also think (hope) Microsoft might actually strip things down a bit this year and just do like 4 solid gameplay demos. They can’t keep doing logo reveals can they?

You’ve got to assume Microsoft will reveal forza motorsport.

and the first horizon dlc will drop.

so basically it’ll be a “we’ve bought twenty studios here are some cars” conference.

Resident Evil 4 Remake

Final Fantasy XVI

Wind Waker HD2

Gears of War 6

New Mario 3D platformer surely

Elden Ring DLC trailer maybe?

XCOM 3

Tonnes more things I want, but aye it's mostly a wishlist. FFVIIR2 is not happening even if I want it more than the above. 

13 minutes ago, footle said:

You’ve got to assume Microsoft will reveal forza motorsport.

and the first horizon dlc will drop.

so basically it’ll be a “we’ve bought twenty studios here are some cars” conference.

Also, lol at this. 

Surely they will headline MW2 and announce its Gamepass at least? 

11 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

Also, lol at this. 

Surely they will headline MW2 and announce its Gamepass at least? 

I don't think they can do this until the acquisition closes.

And whilst it apparently is moving along quickly there is no way it'll be closed in June.

A new Wave Race

Playdead’s new game

Somerville final trailer and release date

Microsoft will open with Forza Motorsport, it will look stunning and make GT7 look like a PS3 game. 

New game from Rare? Maybe we’ll see a teaser for Everwild.

Very low-key presentation from Nintendo, focusing mainly on Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3. Besides that there'll be fuck all from the big N, I'm afraid. They're gearing up for the next console, so they'll try and keep most things under wraps for now.

You'd hope that Microsoft have some game footage ready for their many CG announcements over the last few years, although I'm aware saying this for the third time in a row is putting on the clown makeup.

No idea what to expect from Nintendo tbh, some confirmation Prime 4 exists?

6 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

You'd hope that Microsoft have some game footage ready for the many CG announcements over the last few years, although I'm aware saying this for the third time in a row is putting the clown makeup on.

No idea what to expect from Nintendo tbh, some confirmation Prime 4 isn't dead?

We will get a proper long look at Starfield with gameplay I imagine, despite the delay to H1 2023.

19 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Very low-key presentation from Nintendo, focusing mainly on Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3. Besides that there'll be fuck all from the big N, I'm afraid. They're gearing up for the next console, so they'll try and keep most things under wraps for now.

Yeah absolutely gonna be a low key Nintendo pretty much until they announce the new thing I agree. No point wasting the megatons when you’re so far out in front.

It feels like we're riiiiight in the middle of peak-COVID disruption so I'm not expecting anything significant at all, frankly. Definitely no hint of hardware revision from the three main platform holders and I doubt we'll see PSVR2 either. 

- Nintendo to reveal either the Wind Waker / Twilight Princess HD Collection or the Prime Trilogy. Clearly either, they wouldn't do both, don't be ridiculous. 

- Nintendo announce two; possibly three; new sports for Switch Sports. They seem to be well into adding characters and courses and what-have-you to Mario Tennis/Golf/Strikers and I can see them going all in here. 

- Microsoft get out the chequebook and get something major on Game Pass late this year to try and fill the space of Starfield. Saints Row? Hogwarts Legacy? Overwatch 2? Not sure if any of these in particular are likely (or indeed even possible) but they're definitely going to feel the need to do something and have the stacks to do so. 

- Sony rely heavily on the second remaster of the original The Last of Us. 

27 minutes ago, Jolly said:

Sony rely heavily on the second remaster of the original The Last of Us. 

I still don’t quite believe this until I see it. It seems so uninspiring and tone deaf.

Which, with Ryan in charge means it’s practically confirmed. But I bet it gets walked back and either given away with PS+ or bundled with the multiplayer game. 

46 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah absolutely gonna be a low key Nintendo pretty much until they announce the new thing I agree. No point wasting the megatons when you’re so far out in front.

Still wont't be as bad as 2018. "Hey kids; I hope you all like Super Smash Bros."

It’ll be all about you, the gamers. It’s all for you, yes the gamers (or should I say whingey inflooencurs on YouTube’s). 

Some COD game and not FIFA. One map for Halo.

sony fuck the whole thing off and go to the pub.

Capcom have more on Exoprimal; nothing on Pragmata.

Square Enix provide an update on Ever Crisis - gameplay, release schedule, etc. Also either FFXVI or FFVII Remake 2 gets a 20 second trailer which reveals nothing to the audience. No mention of Babylon's Fall, this year or ever again.

MS show a new Game Pass trailer that pokes fun at the convoluted equivalent that Sony have planned. There's also a trailer for new Tunic content.

Sony announce PSVR2 and Kojima appears on a Zoom call to reveal Death Stranding VR Missions. Also Enhance Games' Humanity resurfaces and people still don't know what it is.

Nintendo announce some sequels and re-releases for games you've already played. Persona 5 gets announced for Switch, months before P6 gets unveiled this Autumn.

At least one showcase has a hip developer you’ve probably never heard of announcing a metaverse/NFT shitshow with no self-awareness.

8 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

What's this based on? 

Not a prediction perhaps, but a wish list: 

Nintendo:

Finally show gameplay from BotW 2 and Metroid Prime 4

Nintendogs sequel

New IP

New main Mario entry

Sony:
Bloodborne 2 reveal

New Spiderman sequel

New Naughty Dog IP

Ape Escape reboot

Microsoft:
Starfield gameplay shown

New Fallout game

Quake reboot

Banjo Kazooie reboot

From MS I'm expecting and hoping for:

Forza Horizon 5 DLC this year. 

A fuck ton of new gamepass titles, "Available now!"

This is all I care about. Games that I can play soon for basically bugger all money. 

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

New Fallout game

New Vegas 2 please. Let Bethesda fumble about with Elder Scrolls, taking it even further into sandbox action game with lite rpg elements territory, and let Obsidian take Fallout further into the cRPG tradition as seen with 1, 2, and New Vegas.

Only problem is that I wonder how many projects Obsidian can take on at once :lol:

It'd be nice to see something of RockSteady's Suicide Squad game and IO's James Bond game.

I'm more bothered about seeing the progress of games which will be out in the relatively near future rather than announcements for things that we won't see for 5 years.

There was a vague rumour of Gears of War 2 and 3 possibly getting some sort of remaster in lieu of anything remotely exciting MS exclusive coming out. But whilst I'm a sucker for the franchise I won't hold my breath. Besides, the updates the originals got via BC are perfectly fine.

Um...I dunno. I can't really think of much else really. Campaign DLC for Halo Infinite?

I've just got so many games I want to get through these days I'm happy enough for anything new to be a nice surprise!